Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply Naruto Guild
Official SERIOUS Naruto Anime and Manga discussion Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 90 91 92 93 94 95 ... 114 115 116 117 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Honh

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2006 9:25 pm
So, now I have a question - if you guys haven't discussed it already that is - who is the king Asuma mentioned to Shikamaru before he died? Anyone have speculations, or actual truths about it?  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2006 9:27 pm
Honh
So, now I have a question - if you guys haven't discussed it already that is - who is the king Asuma mentioned to Shikamaru before he died? Anyone have speculations, or actual truths about it?
So far, no one knows who the king is.  

Captain Verd

Mist-san

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2006 9:29 pm
Captain Verd
Honh
I think there's no real right or wrong answer to why Shikamaru took up smoking. There are thousands of other possibilities and I hope everyone knows that. I mean, this is a guild where we can express our own thoughts and opinions without them getting bashed, or be told we're wrong - right?

I for one think Shikamaru took up smoking because he wanted to relate, or somehow feel how Asuma did when he smoked. Look at him crying in the previous chapter, he took out a smoke and lit it up because he was honoring his fallen sensei and I guess he continued to smoke to try and emulate Asuma's thinking/reasoning, and what he would do in this kind of situation. Now if you think I'm wrong, good for you, I don't care and don't tell me I'm wrong, but that's how I see it. Honor, that's why.
Agreed.

To the the flaming guy - You can't just post an insult against someone. Either contribute to the conversation-- no, even if you just say "Yes, you're right", it's still better than saying someone's arrogant and stopping. If you have anything to say about the chapter, say it. If not, don't bother.

Well, the whole thing is, shikalee was saying "shikamaru isnt going to start smoking" like it was fact, not her opion. she seems to post everything like that. And if you dissagree with her, they you are a little child and know nothing. I bet I'm older than her.  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2006 9:42 pm
Honh

Well, the most obvious one I think is naruto, but I hope they tell us soon.  

Mist-san

Honh

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2006 9:59 pm
shadowninjaofthemist
Honh

1. And I am trying to be as neutral as I can be, age does not matter when it comes to opinion and how one posts. Just drop it, okay? My friend told me this: if you just ignore it, it'll be like as if it doesn't exist.

2. Yes, I am agreeing with that speculation. I really do think it's Naruto, not only because he's the main character, but, well yeah, I think it's because he's the main character whee

Hahaha, just kidding, besides that he's the main character, Naruto has a lot of stuff that needs protecting, one of them being the Kyuubi inside of him.  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2006 10:06 pm
Honh
shadowninjaofthemist
Honh

1. And I am trying to be as neutral as I can be, age does not matter when it comes to opinion and how one posts. Just drop it, okay? My friend told me this: if you just ignore it, it'll be like as if it doesn't exist.

2. Yes, I am agreeing with that speculation. I really do think it's Naruto, not only because he's the main character, but, well yeah, I think it's because he's the main character whee

Hahaha, just kidding, besides that he's the main character, Naruto has a lot of stuff that needs protecting, one of them being the Kyuubi inside of him.

Thats my thoughts too, but I think it is too obvious. I really hope it is someone else  

Mist-san

Honh

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2006 10:42 pm
shadowninjaofthemist
Honh
shadowninjaofthemist
Honh

Thats my thoughts too, but I think it is too obvious. I really hope it is someone else

Really, why? And like who else?  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2006 10:47 pm
Honh
shadowninjaofthemist
Honh
shadowninjaofthemist
Honh

Really, why? And like who else?

Well, to answer "Why" becuase its too obvious. and for who else...umm, I cant think of anyone else at the moment  

Mist-san

Honh

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2006 11:18 pm
Nothing wrong with it being too obvious. However, I guess that's an alright answer. Anyone else?  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2006 6:49 am
Captain Verd
shadowninjaofthemist
liz_bliz
I love how in your little world it's always everyone else that doesn't get it and your the lone right person in a sea of wrong, even when your out numbred by like 5 to one or more. Geesh, other people can be right and you can be wrong you know.

When you are around someone so much that you admire, sometimes you do start to do things like they do or did. Kakashi took on some of Obito's personality after he died. He as definitely changed after that day.

I couldnt have said it better myself. I have only been active in this guild for 3 days and I catch myself saying ALOT "Shikalee is soo ******** arrogant!!!!"

Thanks for putting my thoughts into words. xd
Direct insults to people = not cool, especially for someone you're um, not even talking to in this thread. I'd keep my mouth shut unless you actually have something to contribute.
Wow. Thanks Verd.

It's not arrogance. I know you guys are wrong on this. You have corrected me in the past, all of you have. But you just can't win this one.

I am far from arrogant... it's rather the opposite which is why I tend to over compensate. If painful honesty isn't enough for you I'm not sure that anything is.  

Syndactyly

Syndactyly

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2006 6:51 am
Honh
I think there's no real right or wrong answer to why Shikamaru took up smoking. There are thousands of other possibilities and I hope everyone knows that. I mean, this is a guild where we can express our own thoughts and opinions without them getting bashed, or be told we're wrong - right?

I for one think Shikamaru took up smoking because he wanted to relate, or somehow feel how Asuma did when he smoked. Look at him crying in the previous chapter, he took out a smoke and lit it up because he was honoring his fallen sensei and I guess he continued to smoke to try and emulate Asuma's thinking/reasoning, and what he would do in this kind of situation. Now if you think I'm wrong, good for you, I don't care and don't tell me I'm wrong, but that's how I see it. Honor, that's why.
This one I can agree with. He was reminiscing...

Your answer is better than all of ours thus far (yes, including my own.) Only one thing I disagree on a tiny bit. Shikamaru is not very ritualistic. So I don't see how it could still be honor. Why can't anyone believe that he's partially addicted? Smoking is VERY addicting. I know the feeling.  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2006 6:58 am
shadowninjaofthemist
Captain Verd
Honh

Agreed.

To the the flaming guy - You can't just post an insult against someone. Either contribute to the conversation-- no, even if you just say "Yes, you're right", it's still better than saying someone's arrogant and stopping. If you have anything to say about the chapter, say it. If not, don't bother.

Well, the whole thing is, shikalee was saying "shikamaru isnt going to start smoking" like it was fact, not her opion. she seems to post everything like that. And if you dissagree with her, they you are a little child and know nothing. I bet I'm older than her.
Please. What does age have to do with this?

So I was wrong. Shikamaru has changed a little in two years. I ALREADY BIT MY OWN a** FOR IT, WHAT ELSE DO YOU WANT? domokun Pay some goddamn attention before you flame someone. I said, "I stand corrected" as I always do when I am corrected. I can't see why I would have to give you anymore when I'd taken nothing from you in the first place. If anything, you should be happy I was wrong if I was so arrogant.

If you don't like it, go away. That's how predictions work. We say them as though they have already happened. It's hard to use any of my clarivoyant skills when it's a cartoon. Kishimoto could've even changed his mind on the spot. No one knows.

I don't see how what you're doing is ANY better than me. At least I didn't just insult people than leave. I admit Verd and I had some pretty heated arguements. But we both sort of thrived and had our screw yous. You just said the screw you and left it flat. An akward silence followed. That just proves you went way too goddamn far. At least Verd and I argued about Shikamaru's shoe size or something RELEVANT...

And Honh, good sir. I exist. xd That only works with situations, not people.

I believe the King is the Kyuubi. But this is just a HUNCH. I have no evidence towards my guess.

My guess is that killing the Kyuubi could lead the calamity. There is a balance of good and evil in the world. What happens when we take away the evil? Withdrawl.  

Syndactyly

Mist-san

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2006 7:14 am
Please. What does age have to do with this?

So I was wrong. Shikamaru has changed a little in two years. I ALREADY BIT MY OWN a** FOR IT, WHAT ELSE DO YOU WANT? domokun Pay some goddamn attention before you flame someone. I said, "I stand corrected" as I always do when I am corrected. I can't see why I would have to give you anymore when I'd taken nothing from you in the first place. If anything, you should be happy I was wrong if I was so arrogant.

If you don't like it, go away. That's how predictions work. We say them as though they have already happened. It's hard to use any of my clarivoyant skills when it's a cartoon. Kishimoto could've even changed his mind on the spot. No one knows.

I don't see how what you're doing is ANY better than me. At least I didn't just insult people than leave. I admit Verd and I had some pretty heated arguements. But we both sort of thrived and had our screw yous. You just said the screw you and left it flat. An akward silence followed. That just proves you went way too goddamn far. At least Verd and I argued about Shikamaru's shoe size or something RELEVANT...

And Honh, good sir. I exist. xd That only works with situations, not people.

I believe the King is the Kyuubi. But this is just a HUNCH. I have no evidence towards my guess.

My guess is that killing the Kyuubi could lead the calamity. There is a balance of good and evil in the world. What happens when we take away the evil? Withdrawl.

Well, if you just say stuff like, "I THINK this is wants gonna happen" and dont bash anyone who disagress with you, then we are fine. But they way you go about telling people your ideas, and how you act like everyones elses ideas are so increadibley stupid, THAT is what pisses me off.

But when you say "well I think it might be the Kyuubi, thats just a hunch though" THAT is the way you can tell peoples ideas without seeming like and arrogant p***k when/if you are wrong.

But i digress. that is an interesting idea. The Kyuubi being the king. But, does Shikamaru know that the nine tails in sealed in Naruto? ( i honestly dont remember if anyone has told him or not) But the Kyuubi being the king is completly possible and would be unexpected.  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2006 9:35 am
1. Back to Shikamaru for a moment, Shikalee has a point that smoking is addictive and probably Shikamaru is hooked now. I'm sorry if I mislead you guys in thinking that Shikamaru was ritualisitc, I didn't try to imply that (because we all know Shikamaru thinks everything is still troublesome). However, by me saying that it was honor, I only meant it for that chapter (where they had the flashbacks and Shikamaru picking up the cigarette for the first time). The chapter after that, I think it's safe to imply that he's hooked.

2. I think by now everyone knows that the Kyuubi is in Naruto. Sure Sakura only saw what it can do a few chapters ago, but she knew about it already. Though with the surprised look on Shikamaru's face in that chapter, it could be someone else, and then maybe it's true that not everyone knows about the Kyuubi is in Naruto. At least not those from team 1-9. Everyone else like the Chuunins and Jounins do know, however.  

Honh

Pekora

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2006 12:05 pm
I think Konohagakure's first occupation is training and protecting Naruto,
Shikamaru is probably training to protect him and come in case of aid,
because in case Itachi and Kisame (hell, maybe the whole gang) visits Konoha, well, I'm just saying better be prepared... rolleyes  
Naruto Guild

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 90 91 92 93 94 95 ... 114 115 116 117 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games