Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply The Official Australian Guild
GET TO KNOW YOUR FELLOW AUSSIES Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 90 91 92 93 94 95 ... 121 122 123 124 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

WellzY
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2006 4:58 am
Porbaby just differences in taste.

Hmmmm, I'm not very firmilar with Directors, I only really know three, but I think i'll just say Quintin, for obvious reasons. The other two were Kubrick and Burton.

You? rolleyes  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2006 5:19 am
Although Quintin, Kubrick and Burton have all made legendary films (Pulp Ficton, Ful Metal Jacket, Edward Scissorhands, etc), I would not rate them my favourite director. My favourite would have to be Terry Gilliam. With films like 12 Monkeys, Brazil, The Brothers Grimm and The Fisher King under his belt- I can not think of any one better.

Yes, I rate Gilliam better than Quintin and Burton. Although I would need to see some more Kurbrick before I decide there.

If you could have been cast as character from any movie, which one would it be?  

ManagerKyoto

WellzY
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2006 5:31 am
I wouldn't have the foggiest, it's not really something I desire.

As far as I know Kubrik has also done A Space Odessey 2001, The Shining, Clockwork Orange, Eyes Wide Shut, and I think One Flew Over The Cookoo's Nest, as well as others.

Favourite Kubrik movie? razz  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2006 6:58 am
A Clockwrok Orange. I tried to to read the novel it is based on but could not. The language is too extreme. As in weird extreme.

Favourite Burton film?  

ManagerKyoto

Beautiful Grotesque

Shameless Hoarder

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2006 7:11 am
I'm going to assume you mean directed and not written or produced.
Favourite film would have to be Charlie and the Chocolate Factory, followed by Sleepy Hollow, Beetle Juice and Edward Scissorhands. I don't really mind Mars Attacks in small doses. biggrin Oh and I can't leave out The Nightmare Before Christmas. I know he didn't direct it but it is still a good movie on his part. biggrin

Favourite Robert Rodriguez film? xd

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2006 10:13 pm
Harr. Clockwork Orange is awesome. I think it was the first R rated movie I ever saw. I was like 11 at the time and it quite disturbed me. But then I saw it again later and was all like "Wow. This is rad."

Did Tim Burton really direct Mars Attacks? Haha I love that movie. Tacky alien movies fully own.

Anyway. Robert Rodriguez? *googles*
I guess it would have to be Sin City, because I haven't seen any of his other shiz.

Favourite David Attenborough documentary/series?  

EmWah
Crew

WellzY
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2006 10:26 pm
I'm affraid I don't know much about Sir Attenboroughs works, but I do remember years ago (in grade 2) I used to watched a show he made about plants, every week it was on. That was good. I think it was just called Plants, or The Life of Plants.

Least favourite type of documantaries?  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2006 10:33 pm
Yarr. Life of Plants.

I absolutley HATE over dramatised wildlife documenaties. Like the ones that are called "INSANE KILLER SHARKS" or "THE WORLDS MOST EXTREME ANIMALS" ******** the narrator is all like "Watch as this KILLER shark KILLS something! He uses his SHARP KILLER TEETH to VICIOUSLY KILL a CUTE BABY SEAL!"

Well of course. It's a ******** predator. GET OVER IT.

Favourite Australian plant? xp  

EmWah
Crew

WellzY
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2006 10:39 pm
Oh that's an interesting one.

Mountain Ash. 3nodding

Or Eucalyptus regnans (thank you Wiki). It's one of the largest flowering plants in the world. There is a story of a logged tree of this species, which is believed to be true, would have made it the talest tree on record.

And you know what, they grow in our backyrd EmWah. whee

You?  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2006 11:55 pm
Fave native huh? Lets see... sweatdrop Well, wattles are nice even if they are considered a weed. I like Ghost Gums. biggrin

Faviourate furry creature? xd

Beautiful Grotesque

Shameless Hoarder

EmWah
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2006 12:49 am
Umm all of them?

They're all special in their own way 3nodding

You?  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2006 2:53 am
Cats. heart

Favourite dog breed.  

WellzY
Crew

EmWah
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2006 6:29 am
German Shepherd heart When the time comes for me to buy my own dog, the first is gonna be one of them. They're so smart and big and gorgeous. My Roxy is 3/4 German Shepherd and 1/4 Labrador, so she's pretty much the smartest and kindest dog in the world, but she still scares strangers xp

Would you rather live with pets or without them?  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2006 6:40 am
Without. They are more annoying then children or siblings.

As for the Burton question, it could have been something he has written or produced.

And for Robert Rodriguez, I would say From Dusk Til Dawn. It is brilliant.

Favourite star wars character.  

ManagerKyoto

EmWah
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2006 6:45 am
Ooh Ummm Chewy. He's so furry ^_^ I have a bumper sticker of him on my car. I'll have to photofy it one day.

You?  
The Official Australian Guild

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 90 91 92 93 94 95 ... 121 122 123 124 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games