Welcome to Gaia! ::

Absolute Furry the Guild

Back to Guilds

Gaia's Oldest Furry Guild 

Tags: Furry, Furries, Anthro, Anthropomorphic, Roleplay 

Reply Adult Furries Guild
AFG Sallies Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 929 930 931 932 933 934 ... 1043 1044 1045 1046 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

shoki_de_nai

Fuzzy Canine

12,900 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Lavish Tipper 200
PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2009 7:34 am

Rainey_angel81
shoki_de_nai
Well, that was exciting. I just spent a good amount of time in a cold-sweat panic wondering if I was having a heart attack.

ouch,m what happened?

Was just sitting, when I got a sharp, shooting, excruciating pain in my left shoulder and then my arm went tingly and numb. I was checking myself for other symptoms and getting nervous, but it never progressed past my arm so I eventually went back to bed. I guess I pinched a nerve...somehow...but it was so much more painful then when I've done that before, I'm not sure.

Whatever the reason, I assume I'm alright.
PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2009 12:55 am

I had a long, busy, active day that started at 6am. Why can't I fall asleep?

Af Mas

Davin_Nightwind

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2009 3:44 pm

Ok, with any luck, in the next couple of days I'll get a call from Petco or Bass Computers for an interview...So, with the same luck, soon, I'll either be training dogs or building computers.

(Ok, I put in quite a few other applications, but those are the two that I'm hoping for XD)
PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2009 5:24 pm

My life just keeps getting better.... I'm quarantined for the next 2 weeks because of swine flu. And it's not even me that has the suspected case of it. But I'm apparently next at risk because I live in the room next to my sister who possibly has it.

Crenn

Rainey_angel81

PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2009 4:30 pm

I spent 12 hours in a meeting developing a standard operating procedures manual for the dog resource. I spent 5pm - 5am, sitting in a conference room...Ugh... *knocks head on desk* At least I think we are done now. The last 4 meetings have just been dragging on and on.

In better news, I finished my second Canine Behavior Academy and have a certificate in Canine behavioral evaluations and consultations. I will also be attending the APDT conference in Oakland in October to do the Click a Chick with Terry Ryan (prepare to be humiliated) and other seminars with such good behaviorists/trainers as Sue Sternberg, Steve White, Brenda Aloff, Trish Kind and Tricia McConnell.
PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2009 5:30 pm

I....I'm being accused of child abuse...our licensing worker has made it transparently clear that she doesn't believe me or any of the people standing up for me, and believes that I am incompetent and unfit for childcare.

...she'll be showing up at the daycare frequently and unexpectedly, to keep an eye on me...

shoki_de_nai

Fuzzy Canine

12,900 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Lavish Tipper 200

Krissim Klaw

PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2009 5:32 pm

Go Rainey! Congrats sounds like you are doing really good. You should come down my way and you can turn my dog Kirby into a respectable canine.

Speaking of dogs, major proud moment for my no mouth eye coordination boy. Last night he finally grasped the concept of catching something in his mouth. Now when I toss him treats instead of letting them bounce of his forehead with a duuuuuuuuuuuuuuh look, he is snatching them out of the air like a pro. Never thought he'd get it, but he finally did. mrgreen
PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2009 5:35 pm

Shoki- Huh, what reasons has this lady supplied to call you a child abuser and incompetent? =/

Krissim Klaw

shoki_de_nai

Fuzzy Canine

12,900 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Lavish Tipper 200
PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2009 6:38 pm

Krissim Klaw
Shoki- Huh, what reasons has this lady supplied to call you a child abuser and incompetent? =/

One of my new co-workers told her I was spanking the kids, which is considered child abuse....and it was for horrid things too. She said that she was told of a specific instance where I hit one of my two year olds for wetting themselves...I...I can't even comprehend that.

I tried to defend myself, and the other co-workers there, including my boss, stood up for me...but...this lady has decided they're just trying to not cause trouble/lose their job since my boss is playing favorites believing me and not my co-worker or some complete s**t like that.

I'm so sick to my stomach...this lady has no proof, no prior complaints in the two years I've been working at this job, and the word of someone who barely knows me and has decided in her mind that I am a horrid person. Also, that my co-worker is just trying to do her job the best she can.
PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2009 6:41 pm

Wow, I hope things work out okay for you. =(

Krissim Klaw

Isaol

PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2009 8:36 pm

Well.... *sighs* I woke up it was 7, and I waited to 11 just to see if anybody would call. I guess I have a lot of friends but I don't hear from them.
PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2009 10:12 pm

Krissim Klaw
Go Rainey! Congrats sounds like you are doing really good. You should come down my way and you can turn my dog Kirby into a respectable canine.

Speaking of dogs, major proud moment for my no mouth eye coordination boy. Last night he finally grasped the concept of catching something in his mouth. Now when I toss him treats instead of letting them bounce of his forehead with a duuuuuuuuuuuuuuh look, he is snatching them out of the air like a pro. Never thought he'd get it, but he finally did. mrgreen

It's so nice when the light bulb goes on in their heads. And you're doing a fine job of making him a respectable canine.

Rainey_angel81

Krissim Klaw

PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2009 12:38 am

Rainey_angel81

It's so nice when the light bulb goes on in their heads. And you're doing a fine job of making him a respectable canine.
Lol or in my case knocked some sense into him by throwing random things at his head. rofl

He is a pretty good boy, though one day I would like to get his canine good citizen. Only thing stopping me is there are a few random parts that would be a major pain to train him for to pass. For instance the sitting while a stranger bends down to pet him. He has always been highly sensitive when people bend down toward him, and his instinctual reaction will be to stand up in case he needs to move out of the person's way. It is very ingrained reaction on his part and it seems like it would be such a bother to try and proof him on that when it isn't like he is doing anything unacceptable as far as I'm concerned. XP

Good grief, on another note my praying mantis Zen apparently needs glasses. She just lept did a face plant into a nearby wall and fell to the ground. gonk
PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2009 12:57 am

Krissim Klaw
Rainey_angel81

Lol or in my case knocked some sense into him by throwing random things at his head. rofl

He is a pretty good boy, though one day I would like to get his canine good citizen. Only thing stopping me is there are a few random parts that would be a major pain to train him for to pass. For instance the sitting while a stranger bends down to pet him. He has always been highly sensitive when people bend down toward him, and his instinctual reaction will be to stand up in case he needs to move out of the person's way. It is very ingrained reaction on his part and it seems like it would be such a bother to try and proof him on that when it isn't like he is doing anything unacceptable as far as I'm concerned. XP

Good grief, on another note my praying mantis Zen apparently needs glasses. She just lept did a face plant into a nearby wall and fell to the ground. gonk

I don't understand the need for the CGC, really. It's not like people walk up to you and your dog as say, "Do you have a CGC on your dog?"
And most pet dogs would not pass the CGC if they took it at any point in their life without training. It's just a way for more trainers to ask for money. Not that I am against making money and everything, but there are so many good dogs out there that couldn't pass a CGC for their life...but so many bad dogs that are trained well that can pass a CGC.

Life is a conspiracy! >.>

Rainey_angel81

Krissim Klaw

PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2009 1:16 am

Rainey_angel81

I don't understand the need for the CGC, really. It's not like people walk up to you and your dog as say, "Do you have a CGC on your dog?"
And most pet dogs would not pass the CGC if they took it at any point in their life without training. It's just a way for more trainers to ask for money. Not that I am against making money and everything, but there are so many good dogs out there that couldn't pass a CGC for their life...but so many bad dogs that are trained well that can pass a CGC.

Life is a conspiracy! >.>
Only reason I would do the CGC is it can help when getting an apartment and things like that where you can say, yes, I have a dog but look he passed the CGC and you can show them a little certificate and tell them what it was for. It can loosen people up to your dog and sometimes open doors that otherwise would have remained closed. Similarly having your dog titled in events or certified in therapy work can also be great things to have for such situations. I don't worry so much about him though because he is small and so cute he can easily win people over. If I had a larger dog, especially of a breed commonly found in bsl legislation however I would be keen to take any extra steps that will help paint my canine in a more positive light.
Adult Furries Guild

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 929 930 931 932 933 934 ... 1043 1044 1045 1046 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games