Welcome to Gaia! ::

The School of Dedicated Roleplayers [closed]

Back to Guilds

A general roleplay guild with emphasis on improving RPers. 

Tags: Roleplaying, Tutoring, School, School of Dedicated Role Players, RPing 

Reply 11 Level 3 - Advanced RPs (archive)
OiM - How it All Began Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Just an Innocent Face

Blessed Seeker

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2009 1:51 pm
Shikyo dashed over to the other two bodies in short sprints and gathered up the available ordinence while they reloaded their rifles. Stashing away the ammunition he took out one of the grenades as they again paused to reload their firearms. Tearing out the pin with his teeth he lobbed the explosive over in between the pair who had him pinned down. He estimated the explosion to easily reach them both with shrapnel killing them if it didn't.

He ducked down and covered his ears against the blast.

((+1 clip, +4 rounds, +2 grenades, -1 grenade))  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2009 5:20 pm
Elian nodded as he spoke, listening politely as the usual sounds of chaos continued outside. As a grenade went off, Elian jumped a bit, but quickly straightened and focused on Lyon. The sounds seemed louder, closer, maybe that meant whatever was fighting her captors was winning? Whether that was good or bad, they would find out soon. Taking a calming breath, Elian proceeded to answer his question.

"Well... I'm not technically anything yet. I just graduated from college, and I took some time to travel around the world. Ironically, the mansion was going to be my last stop, but, it looks like I might never get the chance to leave." As she finished speaking, the weight of fear suddenly hit hard. They were prisoners in the middle of some sort of battle, perhaps to be used as hostages to keep enemy lines from getting any closer, or worse. Their chances of escape were minimal unless whatever fighting force reached them before their captors decided to do something drastic, even then, it was anyone's guess as to what the other side would do to them once they were found. Biting her lip, Elian tried to encourage herself to keep calm, but found herself becoming increasingly afraid.

Alastriona Estelle

Enduring Prophet

8,950 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Partygoer 500

Magroodles

Big Egg

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2009 6:00 pm
Lyon wasn’t doing as well as he wished either. All of the explosions that were going on outside were starting to get to his head. He didn’t know what was happening at it really felt more and more like he was going to end up getting killed in this mansion. What was up with that after all? They send out a letter just to kill people off, and what was up with the coin.

The questions seemed to overflow his head, but he tried to keep his sanity with him at all costs. He’s seen horror films and the person that freaked out and ran was always the one that died off. But Elian’s voice stuck out to him again. His glossy eyes turned over to look at the girl as her voice called out to him. "Oh I see," he said simply.

That wasn’t enough. He knew well enough that she was scared, but the boy really wasn’t good at conversation. Though her last statement stood out to him. He felt bad, this whole time she was able to comfort her, but he wasn’t doing a good job. Finally he decided to speak up. "Don’t think like that. We’ll get out of here, no problems. We just have to first find out how to get out of these ropes. But I think that answer is on the other side of the door. They are going to help us and get us out." he said and let off a little smile.

It was hard to keep calm in this kind of situation and Lyon knew well enough that it was going to be hard. Still, he had to do something. So to calm down and to drown out the sounds on the other side, the boy started to hum a little tune. It was a simple song that he loved to play upon his violin, it was always so soothing so he figured that it would be a good song to hum. And it worked to an extent to calm him, but he wasn’t so sure that a simple violin song would be much of a help to Elian.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2009 6:12 pm
Elian sighed inwardly at Lyon's words. She knew he was being optimistic for her sake, and maybe for his sake too, they were both obviously frightened and confused at their situation. Elian knew, just as well as he did, that they wouldn't be ablet to escape without help, and neither of them could guess if that help would ever come. She looked up as she heard Lyon begin to hum, her smile returning partially at his attempt at drowning out the obvious sounds of war coming from outside.

"He's so sweet..." she thought to herself, listening to his humming as if he were playing it for her on his violin. Closing her eyes, she imagined sitting in a concert hall, an entire orchestra playing to the tune, Lyon in 1st chair, playing his heart out. Her imagination worked wonders at times, and slowly, the sounds from outside started to fade, replaced by a chorus of music that filled Elian's mind as she imagined the song.

"We'll have to be strong for each other, and optimistic, until help arrives."

Alastriona Estelle

Enduring Prophet

8,950 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Partygoer 500

Magroodles

Big Egg

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2009 6:35 pm
Lyon continued with his humming until his song came to an end. He sighed and looked up at the ceiling. "It sounds better played on an instrument…" That comment was either for himself or to inform her. All the same, he was trying to still take comfort in this place. He constantly had no idea of what was going on, and was greeted by the occasional noises. The strangest one that he heard was the sound of something like a grenade. He swore that couldn’t have been what it was, but more and more that seemed possible.

"So…" he said now trying to make conversation again to keep his mind off of things. "After you get out of here, what do you plan to do? " He asked. He didn’t want to feel like he was prying, but the more he got to know this girl the more comfortable he would feel around her. Not that he wasn’t comfortable around her right now, he was just one of those kinds of people.

Thus a conversation of getting to know her seemed like a good idea, until someone was able to find the two of them.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2009 6:47 pm
Elian opened her eyes as the song ended, her smile growing until she heard more of the chaos outside. Quickly, her expression turned to that of a more worried one, however, she did feel more at ease with Lyon. "That was beautiful, even without an instrument." she quickly complimented after his statement regarding his violin. Elian almost wanted him to find it more than she wanted to find her journal. He had such an attachment to it, that, well, she could almost feel his pain. "But I expect you to play it for me when we get out of here, and we find your violin, alright?"

Smiling, she let out a soft sigh, keeping herself calm. She only perked up again once he asked his question, her smile growing as she thought of what she wanted to do once she got out of that crazy place.

"Well... I want to go to Europe. I think the region is simply beautiful. Once I get established there, then I'll find a hospital, and hopefully become a surgeon. That's the short story. The entire thing is much more complicated, I promise." she said with a small laugh. "If anything else... I just want to help people. You know in third grade where they ask you what you want to be? Well, I wanted to be a super hero." Elian admitted, laughing a little louder that time. "I wanted to be a super hero. Fly around with a cape and save people. Fight monsters and rescue hostages. Silly, isn't it?" leaning back against the wall, she sighed once again, thinking back onto her childhood days.

"But, once I realized that they don't sell the super hero gene, I had a choice between law enforcement and the medical field. Truthfully, I'm not one for fighting anymore, so, I took the medicine track. And now, here I am... Tied up in some strange mansion war zone. I knew I should have chosen police woman." she joked, laughing softly. She hoped to raise his spirits a bit, and in the meantime, distract herself from the chaos outside.

"What about you Lyon?"

Alastriona Estelle

Enduring Prophet

8,950 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Partygoer 500

Magroodles

Big Egg

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2009 8:16 pm
Lyon watched as the girl's expression changed before his eyes. He was glad that he was about to comfort her a little bit for that time, but once again he was lost for something to do. But it was hard. This was the most danger that he has ever been in, and in fact, he would probably prefer a mugging right now to this. At least that would be quick and simple, but now here he was stuck in a room with fear filling him with every second. Then the sounds from outside the room seemed more dangerous than he wished they would be. Maybe it's just something simple like balloons popping, but then again everything pointed to the sound of shootings. This day just wasn't one of his bests.

He gave off a small smile when Elian said that the song sounded beautiful. "Haha, thank you. Even though I'm not a very good vocalist. I'm better with my hands than I am with my voice." he said and let off a little laugh with the statement. "Alright," he said to her when she said that he should play the song for her once they get out, "when we get out of here I'll be sure to do that. It's a promise. But that means you'll have to stay with me until the end so that I will be able to." The thought that struck him was that he could get separated from her, and as of right now that scared him more than anything. He needed the company.

"Oh yes, Europe is quite a nice place to go to. You will have lots of opportunities there. But a surgeon? That takes skill, I'm glad to hear that you are such a talented person. I wish you luck on your journey."

Though her comment about being a superhero made the boy burst out in quiet laughter. "That's not silly at all. Most people wanted to be ridiculous things at one time or another. And well, you pretty much did become a hero. You are still helping save people, and I guess you could consider the viruses the monsters that you fight off. The flying part is the only problem with the whole scenario though." He smiled at her to show that he enjoyed the little story that she gave him.

"Who knows. If you had chosen the work of a police you may have been sent here on a job as well. So either way, you'll never know. But I'm kind of glad to hear that I will have a doctor nearby if anything happens." he let off a little smile. But he really hoped that nothing would happen that he would need a doctor. That was for sure.

Lyon raised his head to look up once more out of thought. He never really thought about these things. Lyon was more of a person that would live in the moment, not really think about the future. "Well, I guess when I get out of here I would like to continue on my journey. There is so much that I still have yet to see. But I know that I won't be able to travel forever, so I guess, in a way, I'm looking for a good place that I can settle down in with a good person to spend with my life with." He let out a sigh. "Haha, but all of my traveling kind of causes problems for starting a relationship. I get the occasional `you love that violin more than you love me` and well, sometimes it's true. Unlike some of the kids in the third grad class that said they wanted to be princesses, superheroes, and even the president, I knew exactly what I wanted to do. And that was to be the best violinist the world ever saw. I touched my first violin at the age of four and haven't put it down since. So I'm still living for that goal, but I still have a long way to go. So I travel, seeing how music is portrayed all over the world, and I play for others. It's pleasing to see the smile on people's faces as you play for them, which is why I think I love doing it so much. "

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2009 8:33 pm
Elian's smile remained as Lyon told of his wishes for the future, his ambitions, and his luck with love. Sounded a lot like her life, actually. "It sounds like we both have problems with finding love. For you, it's your violin, for me, it was my studies." She sighed, thinking back to high school and college. "I had my head too far into my text books to be concerned with anything that required commitment. Even my family started to get short changed for the effort." she admitted, nearly wishing she could kick herself. "But... It let me graduate at the top of my class, and well, this whole traveling business was supposed to balance that out. Now I wish I had just gone to work."

Laughing softly, Elian leaned forward from the wall, finding herself uncomfortable no matter what the position. "You know, I think it's sweet, what you're doing. It's good to have a passion for people when carrying out your work."

Alastriona Estelle

Enduring Prophet

8,950 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Partygoer 500

Magroodles

Big Egg

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2009 8:52 pm
Lyon smiled. He understood what it was like. But instead of the books he had his instrument. Always practicing that he really didn't make much time for anyone else. All the same, it seemed that the two of them had more in common that he thought. It was kind of refreshing to find a girl that understood him like this.

"Well," he spoke up, "If you are going to be in the kind of job that you want, then it really does require that kind of attention. Your ambitions were different from those around you, and thus you had to tend to it in different ways. I know well enough that if you want to accomplish something, then you need to work for it. And you proved that you can work for it."

"That's really nothing. No one really listens to it anymore. They have jobs they need to get to, places to go, and I'm just the creepy guy on the street that mothers hurry their children by. But you," he said giving a nod of his head to her seeing how he couldn't point, "you save people's lives. People can trust their lives with you, unlike those that hurry by me, perhaps thinking I am some sort of ***** let off a small sigh. No one understood the passion to music anymore. All they did was hurry by, not even giving a second chance.

"But there are those people that actually stop every now and again. They are the reason for my continuation on the matter. I'm glad to see that there are still people out there that can truly appreciate music still. "

PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2009 10:08 am
((Are Lyon and Elian in the building Smith is clearing? That was the impression I was getting.))

"Squad one! Move up, we'll cover you!" The grenade would probably do the job of clearing that particular area, but Smith wanted to be careful in this. He kept his revolver prepared, and the other soldiers watched for targets, preparing to provide covering fire while eight or so soldiers moved up. Once they were up, the second squad would move, under cover from the first squad.

Juliet herself joined the advancing party, not bothering to reload yet. She kept her eyes open for attacking forces.  

SirBayer

Alastriona Estelle

Enduring Prophet

8,950 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2009 10:36 am
(( You are correct. It's some sort of factory according to Native.))  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2009 10:38 am
((Bayer, yes they are.
NO TIME FOR AN ACTUAL POST! PROBABLY WON'T HAVE TIME TODAY FOR IT EITHER.
TOMORROW! I PROMISE!))  

NativeForeigner

Just an Innocent Face

Blessed Seeker

PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2009 4:26 pm
Shikyo couldn't help but wonder how this was so easy, everything fell into place and everyone in their group had thus far gone virtually unscathed...They were invading a large factory against many times their own numbers in enemies with nothing more than handguns with Smiths powerful rifles and the sniper team being the only exceptions. Still he wasn't going to complain that things were going well and it only continued to astound him that the enemies didn't have their own marksmen, they had no turrets, the grenades they had werent being used. None of it made sense but everyone else appeared to allow themselves to be pulled away with the sweeping tide of this ghastly world they had been flung into.

Five handgun shots kept Shikyo ducked into his cover. When the shots came to a pause he could hear the repeated clicking of the gun clicking from a lack of loaded ammunition. Shikyo lept upon this obvious hole in the attackers front and laid low in the dirt as he fired 3 bullets at the disorientated soldier.

He quickly shifted back into cover and loaded the 4 stray bullets into his clip to save himself time later.
((-3 bullets, +4 bullets into clip))
Shikyo's clip: 9 rounds  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2009 4:36 pm
((Okay, that was good to know. I assume we'll be breaking you out here, sooner or later.

Ruined factory... interesting.))  

SirBayer

Dark Angel of Sol

PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2009 9:18 pm
((Sorry I am late. I've been having a hard time with my characters lately though it seems that the hard times are ending. I will be posting more often from now on.))

Orion and the solder advanced as the rest regrouped and got ready to breach the factory walls. As they arrived at the front lines the soldier started to speak: “Well Greenie, it's about to get a lot hotter so you better get ready. Oh and for the record, I'm Jack.” Orion replied in a slightly laughing tone, “Oh great. I'm Orion by the way.” Jack shook his head: grinning underneath his mask. He replied in a friendly tone, “Don't worry to much, stay out of sight and run and you should be ok. Just don't get in the way of any of the real fighters. Oh and if you get shot, cover the wound as fast as you can. This air is about as good for wounds as it is for breathing.” Orion responded with a slight smart-a** tone, “Yeah I've tried that. Didn't work out too well.” Orion and Jack took the right flank of the attack line as there witty banter continued.

Out of nowhere, Jack held up his hand and only the sound of gun shot could be heard. Orion peered past Jack and saw two enemies focusing there attention towards the center of the attack line. Orion took out his gun and looked towards Jack who nodded in approval. Orion used his knowledge of video games and aimed down the iron-sights. Jack whispered, “You take the left one I'll take the right. Orion, who was targeting the right one quickly switched to the left one as Jack started the countdown: “In 5....4....3....2....” He left the 1 silent as on the unsaid zero they fired: Jack a small burst, Orion 3 quick shots.

((Orion -3 bullets. Can I get and update on my remaining bullets I forgot how many I have.
P.S. I was thinking his last name should be Effinsweet.))  
11 Level 3 - Advanced RPs (archive)

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff