Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry Roleplay Guild

Back to Guilds

A school of magic, based on J.K. Rowling's books. In need of Professors and Students! Join Now for the February - May year! 

Tags: Harry Potter, Hogwarts, Hogsmeade, J.K. Rowling, Roleplay 

Reply Great Hall
Slytherin Table Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 92 93 94 95 96 97 ... 177 178 179 180 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

JayzStar13

PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2013 10:38 am
User Image

User Image
First Year | Slytherin | Single | @ Slytherin Table

"Yeah, that's all I need. Everyone hating me on day one," he said in response to Dom's comment about house points. Noah then began to tell the story of his family. His mother went to Beauxbatons and his father was a Ravenclaw at Hogwarts. They met at a Quidditch Tournament when they were 20, and that story tells itself.
"My father is... was a famous magical historian. That is until he decided to adopt my dreadful muggle brother and focus more on muggle studies." Noah tried his best to remain calm about everything with his father, especially in front of new company.

He explained why he talks with such a relaxed exposition; because his father had betrayed all things magical in Noah's eyes. He refused to incorporate any traits of his father, including the uptight studious approach to life that he constantly tried to embed in his son.

Essy ze Ninja

PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2013 11:04 am

𝕯ominic 𝕸ontague
𝔖𝔩𝔶𝔱𝔥𝔢𝔯i𝔫 𝔓𝔲𝔯𝔢𝔟𝔩𝔬𝔬𝔡
Fourth Year, 𝔅eater
User Image

He nodded his head politely, smirking and laughing when appropriate, it wasn’t until that Noah had, in a way, almost hinted that his father had passed away that Dom’s thin lips had down trodden into a solemn frown. But then he blinked—adopted a muggle? So his father was a blood traitor then? Well, that wasn’t exactly the type of information he’d have expected to instigate from him. He shrugged his shoulders; he didn’t care now, not like he would have years ago in his first year. He would have….

”Hm—well you won’t have to worry about that too much here, I suppose. Being in Hogwarts, you get to make your own choices.” Just like I did, he thought. He wasn’t so quick to show where his affiliations lie with purity of blood, after all, he had to maintain the image as long as he could in front of these poisonous eyes, just so that he could keep his little illusion of paradise where everything was perfect.

╔═══════════════════╗
Height: 5’7” ☣ Weight: 159lbs ☣ Age: 14
Slytherin Table
╚═══════════════════╝

Essy ze Ninja
Vice Captain

Partying Phantom

10,275 Points
  • Dramatic Shipping 25
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Tipsy 100

JayzStar13

PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2013 2:49 pm
User Image

User Image

Noah was comforted by the fact that Dominic told him that he could be his own person at Hogwarts. He hoped that the legacy of his father didn't follow him to school. His father was the studious sort, always willing to go the extra mile for professors when it came to studies, and Noah did NOT want professors to expect that from him.

Noah too was hesitant to exclaim his prejudices against those who weren't pure bloods, because he knew that he was going to be surrounded by a lot of different breeds. He was curious, however to, Dom's bloodline. He knew the Sinclair's were pure descent, they had that air about them he'd so often noticed at his parent's social gatherings, an air that although he was more inclined to those of pure descent he didn't feel the need to go around flaunting it. That just seemed obnoxious in his eyes.

"So, I don't know if I can ask this, but do you have any tips for a first year on who to watch out for and who are people that are one could trust?" Noah was still growing eager to see the rest of the castle, but figured it may be nice to get somewhat of an inside scoop on the rest of the Slytherins. He figured he'd start at home first... there was plenty of time to investigate the other houses.

((OOC: His father isn't dead haha. My bad- I worded that strangely. He's just no longer a magical historian because he spend all of his time with Muggle Studies))

Essy ze Ninja

PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2013 5:08 pm
Damien Warren Edgeworth
Slytherin // Fourth Year // Great Hall: Slytherin Table // Wearingspace
CURRENTLY// single // crushing // lovingsspace
CURRENTLY FEELING // Happyspspace
CURRENTLY WITH // Marinaspaspace
CURRENTLY THINKING // 'That went... so much better than expected.'spacspace
'I know you don't like how I feel,
but please, try to remember,'

═════════════════════════════════

User Image

When the new first year who'd exchanged greetings of a sort with him and Marina began speaking with Dom, Damien listened to the conversation, keeping his attention mostly on Marina. But, his ears perked when he heard the boy comment about his 'dreadful muggle brother.' That answered that question, he supposed, and Damien was instantly aware of Marina, his entire being focused on her. Had she heard it? Would she say something? History seemed to indicate that yes, Marina would, in fact, say something. He really wished she wouldn't, though. It would only cause trouble. When the boy asked about trustworthy Slytherins, Damien fought back a snort of derision. None of them was the answer. Absolutely none. Not with that attitude. As far as Damien could tell, being a blood purist and being the backstabbing sort seemed to go hand in hand. So, he remained silent, gently squeezing Marina's hand, willing her to please, please not say anything. Not tonight. Not now. He just wanted one night before everything went to hell.

═════════════════════════════════
                                  'It's natural for a thing like me...'

User Image

(( OOC: ))

Monday: ... Tuesday: ... Wednesday: ... Thursday: ... Friday: ...

The Forgotten Weasley

Essy ze Ninja

JayzStar13

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Loving Fortune Seeker 250
  • WilyTrickster 50

a porg
Vice Captain

Anxious Astronomer

PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2013 5:11 pm
User Image
▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄
J A S M I N E
E L I Z A B E T H
A C A C I A

▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄
Slytherin PrefectHead....Boy?!Seventh YearQuidditch CaptainKeeperSingle
House RobesQuidditch RobesFall/WinterSpring/SummerSong
Out of Quidditch

This would be an interesting year with first years thinking they could just leave before the feast had even begun. To do what? Go wandering around the castle and get into who knows what. Jasmine was wary of students who tried skipping out on feasts. "Well, getting involved is good. Listening to professors. Keep your friends close and your enemies closer. Slytherins are the house most likely to bite you in the back," she suggested to Freya.

Realizing that there was no book club, Jasmine got an idea. "Say Amelia, you could always start a book club. I don't think we've got one. All you'd have to do is pitch the idea to our head of house, Professor Brighton. He's the one who sorted you I think. I don't pay much attention to that sort of thing now."

Finally, Belle arrived at the table. She seemed to be worried about a commotion over at the Hufflepuff table. All Jasmine saw was a girl being floated out of the hall. "That would be a very good question. I'm half tempted to go investigate," Jasmine replied.

User ImageUser ImageUser Image

panic_memors

Zombilious

Essy ze Ninja

PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2013 6:14 pm
Do you CARE about me?
Do you THINK I don't BLEED?
Why are you trying to HIDE behind a stupid LIE
When the TRUTH is your EYES
Have you LOST YOURSELF?
Always TRYING to SELL
The PERSON that you THINK you are
You stay ALONE 'cause real's just too HARD

MARINA EUGENIE ALDRED
PROUD HALFBLOOD
SLYTHERIN FOURTH YEAR
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

You say you'll never go that far: Happy | But you're not who you say you are: No pressure... | Your time is up in too many places: Damien and Dominic | You've got too many faces: Slytherin Table |
Wearing

Marina was content to sit there quietly beside Damien, listening to snippets of the conversations going on around her. Until she heard the words "dreadful muggle brother". Her immediate reaction was to open her mouth to make a sarcastic remark along the lines of 'So just how far IS that pureblood stick shoved up your arse?'. Her eyes blazed in irritation and her entire body stiffened. But then Damien squeezed her hand gently and she topped for a moment to consider the situation. This first year was a little piece of work, yes. A piece of work worth picking a fight with? Not really. Saying something would only make everyone mad at her, and just for once she didn't feel like provoking a bunch of her housemates. She just wanted to enjoy this small period of time before the huge sh*t storm that was just on the horizon struck. So she bit her tongue, quite literally, gave Damien a look that said 'Only for you am I holding my tongue just this once', and simply rolled her eyes a little. That kid was so lucky. Even now a part of her was thinking about how easy it would to simply take that butter knife and 'accidentally'- No. Calm, happy thoughts, not ones involving jabbing with butter knives.

You've got your HEART in too many PLACES

Cara MiaKitty

Essy ze Ninja

JayzStar13

Always LAYING the BLAME
You're never ONE and the SAME
Could it be that you're AFRAID to look INSIDE
And find you'll NEVER get it RIGHT
So many SIDES to YOU
Nobody KNOWS the TRUTH
How you EVER gonna keep it STRAIGHT?
Do you WANNA be a MEMORY?

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • Blazing Power of Friendship Wave 200
  • The Wolf Within 100

Diamond Wales

Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2013 8:12 pm
User Image

Just when you think, you got me figured out
The season's already changing

User Image

Eretria's eyebrow rose higher and higher as she listened to the boy badmouth his own brother. Flesh and blood or not, his father had decided to help raise the boy in a better environment, and was understanding of his origins. That was nothing to be ashamed of, and her ire rose. She glanced over to Marina, who was quick to cover up her own reaction. Which of course left Eretria and all of her, as Dom put it, 'poison and fangs'. "You know, I would be careful about who overhears you speak badly about your 'muggle' brother. Some people here might take offense, especially some of us that might have recently lost family members and would be offended at the suggestion that a muggle boy is in a pureblood's home. Especially some that hold blood purity high in esteem." She then leaned forward, smiling a bit like a shark that smelled blood in the water. The only one that knew she had squibs for brothers was Amanda, and she would never tell a soul, thankfully. "I would also keep that information quiet around those that would rip you to shreds for insinuating that your blood is better than theirs, simply because of an accident of birth. There are plenty of muggleborns and half-bloods in the school that would be offended by that talk. Then again, it's your choice to speak how you wish. Don't blame me if it comes back to bite you in the arse."

----------------------------------
State: Calculating
OOC: ...
----------------------------------

I think it's cool, you do what you do
And don't try to save me

JayzStar13

PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2013 8:22 pm
User Image
User Image

Amanda turned her attention away from the Hufflepuffs who had left the Great Hall and onto Annabelle, who had entered the room and approached the Slytherin table. "I dunno. Something happened to Michelle's sister or somethin'," she replied with a shrug of her shoulders. That was what she understood happened based on the fourth year running after the Hufflepuff bunch, and then listening to the discussion her mates were having about it. The fifth year turned her head to see who Eretria was speaking to since she sounded quite angry. Of course, that kid again, she thought as she stared hi down, still listening to every word that came out of her friend's mouth. Apparently, he bad mouthed his brother muggle. Amanda knew exactly why Eretria reacted the way she did, but instead of saying anything, the fifth year surprisingly waited for the first year to respond. If he acted like an arse again, however, she would definitely have to teach the little bugger a lesson.

==== ☠ ====

Format by Diamond_Wales

kiska166
Crew

Devoted Winner

JayzStar13

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2013 2:46 am
User Image

User Image

Noah could tell he had set some tension with something he said. He assumed it would be the talk of his brother, but he knew it was a lose/lose situation. There would be people he would tick off if he was in favor of muggles and clearly others for being against them.

The girl who stopped him earlier, of course, had something to say upon the matter. He realized after two brief interactions that they were most certainly not going to be friends in the near future, but how to handle the situation at this point was the tricky part. He could feel all of the older eyes glaring upon him, knowing his response to Eretia's statement could set a stink with the older students for a long time...

"It's truly not because of the fact that he's a muggle. He's not just muggle born, he's non-magical what-so-ever. It's a long story of how he came into our lives. One that, if you don't mind, I don't feel like sharing at the moment. I meant no offense to any of you who may or may not have blood other than pure blood," he said quoting with his fingers, "Honestly, the way I see it, Slytherins are all put into this house for a reason. That's enough for me. In my book, a great wizard is a great wizard."

Noah's response was partially to mend whatever forming bonds he could make with Damien, Dom, and Marina. Eretia was already on her second strike with him & although he was smart enough to know he was clearly no match for a prefect, he wasnt in any hurry to befriend her. Amanda was still relatively unfamiliar to him, he would wait to learn more about her before trying to make a true effort or judgement.

Diamond_Wales
The Forgotten Weasley
Cara MiaKitty
kiska166

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2013 6:53 am

𝕯ominic 𝕸ontague
𝔖𝔩𝔶𝔱𝔥𝔢𝔯i𝔫 𝔓𝔲𝔯𝔢𝔟𝔩𝔬𝔬𝔡
Fourth Year, 𝔅eater
User Image

Dominic’s silence lingered; he had to tread carefully through the trench of black waters, knowing just how badly everyone everywhere would love to see him drown. A hardening stone formed in the back of his throat as he clenched his jaw and darted crystalline eyes back and forth between Noah, Damien, Marina, Eretria, Jasmine, Amanda, Belle, and even Erianthe. He tried to swallow that rock that threatened to suffocate him.
”Err…” Few seemed convinced, others seemed indifferent—and Dominic?

Well… He was just trying to keep up the façade of being in class of pure of blood while his mother watched over him like a hawk from the staff table and the perilous, judging eyes of his peers kept a steady gaze on him. The world would all find out soon enough—he just didn’t want it to be so soon, not when his mother was so damned close.
”But he’s still your brother.” Dominic quipped up so quickly, he hadn’t even realized he’d said it aloud until all eyes were on him. He blinked. Sure, he understood the rivalry of brotherhood, he had an older brother, albeit, his blood brother, but that made none of the attention and rivalry and “special treatment” any different. All the same, he wouldn’t know what he’d do without the ruddy skinny bugger.

Either way, Dominic decided the best tact right now, would just be to change the subject before any more scrapped knees and black eyes were exchanged.
”….So! Blimey, have you lot heard of what happened to the Radcliffe family?

“I heard some people say they jus’ completely bloody disappeared… What do you reckon happened to em? Arthur Radcliffe was Head Auror, too, wasn’t he…?

“I wonder what would make them all just up and go without a word to anyone?”
His attention became transfixed upon the entire table, everyone seated around, because, in some way, he was hoping to get as much attention off of the poor first year as he could without tensions skyrocketing.

╔═══════════════════╗
Height: 5’7” ☣ Weight: 159lbs ☣ Age: 14
Slytherin Table
╚═══════════════════╝

Essy ze Ninja
Vice Captain

Partying Phantom

10,275 Points
  • Dramatic Shipping 25
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Tipsy 100

kiska166
Crew

Devoted Winner

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2013 2:55 pm
User Image
User Image

Amanda waited as patiently as she could for Noah's answer. She assumed he would continue to say something against muggles, for if he did the opposite, he would then only be siding with Eretria to gain her respect. That, of course, wouldn't work considering he already bad mouthed them. "Is him being muggle born and non magical an issue?" she asked when the first year continued. The fifth year rolled her eyes when the boy used quotations as he said the word "pureblood." Although she didn't personally take any offense to what the first year said earlier, she did care about what came out of the boy's mouth. Some of her mates would, and obviously were, offended. Also, she cared about any house points that would be lost due to her peers acting up. When Dominic spoke up, Amanda scanned her eyes over to look at him. "Exactly," she agreed, nodding and looking back at Noah. "If he's got a brother like you, hes lucky his parents actually care for him." After saying so, Amanda leaned back in her chair and crossed her arms, narrowing her eyes onto the empty plate in front of her. This thought came from her own family, really. However, no one knew anything about her family. No one but Leonidas. What does it matter anyway? He's gone. An inaudible sigh escaped her lips before she looked back at Dominic. Amanda raised an eyebrow before shooting the Hufflepuff table a skeptical look. Katrina Radcliffe was a badger, wasn't she? she wondered, scanning all the faces that sat there. The Slytherin quickly scanned the other tables in case she was mistaken; however, there was still no sign of the annoying, brunette girl. "There wasn't anything written about it in the Daily Prophet, was there?" she asked, looking back at the fourth year. The chaser hadn't remembered reading anything about the Redcliffes in there.

==== ☠ ====

Format by Diamond_Wales

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2013 5:16 pm
User Image
𝓓𝓪𝓷𝓲𝓮𝓵𝓵𝓮 𝓢𝓪𝓿𝓪𝓷𝓽
First Year ~ Slytherin

"Look like th' innocent flower,
═━┈┈━═
Bright eyes scanned the house table with interest as Danielle smirked to herself, scratching the back of her green head. Finally there was some excitement here. Or, at least, the starting of some. For awhile now, Danielle had just been an invisible tiny bump on the log, hovering on the edges of conversations all around her, quietly observing and sizing up her fellow snakes. It was a nice distraction from her growing hunger and a good opportunity to get to know people without actually having to socialize, but it was also beginning to grow boring. It finally seemed as though something interesting might happen. It looked like one of the other newbies had said something idiotic and managed to upset one of the older students. Danielle giggled to herself when an older girl reprimanded him and was eager to hear his response. Unfortunately, an older boy with dark hair quickly changed the subject and the matter seemed to be temporarily dropped. Oh well. At least this new topic sounded interesting. With one ear there and the other one scanning the rest of the table Danielle sat and continued to listen.
═━┈┈━═
But be the serpent under ’t."

Grim Vanity

Tipsy Lover

JayzStar13

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2013 6:24 pm
User Image

User Image

Noah was SO relieved when Dominic had tried to change the subject. ...He's a good one... I can trust this guy. This idea brought a small smile to Noah's face and Dom's comment did make him reconsider the relationship, or current lack there of, with his brother. However most of the things the other Slytherins were saying were going in one ear and out the other. If you were trying to make a point with Noah scolding, lecturing, or criticizing was most certainly NOT the way to do it. It was the same story and lecture he'd heard before.

Dominic asked his story, he responded the fact that he was getting attacked was starting to get under his skin, as he had his hands tightly clenched together underneath the table. Not now... Do NOT lose it here.

Forcing himself to stay calm, he simply tried to ease the situation, by aiding Dominic's change of conversation. "I don't know anything about the situation. Maybe they got mixed up with the wrong people?" Noah asked, trying to continue the conversation they were having before everyone decided to have an opinion on the way he viewed his family situation. It honestly, got blown way out of proportion, but I guess that's the kinds of things he had the next seven years to deal with. He just hoped he wouldn't always be getting ambushed.

In the back of his mind though he thought, Man, if I'm getting reamed for just disliking my brother... Those twins are in for a RUDE awakening...

The Forgotten Weasley
Cara MiaKitty
Essy ze Ninja
phoenixfeather1007

Diamond_Wales
x-Grim_Robot-x

kiska 166

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2013 7:34 am
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
First Year | Slytherin | Single | Wearing | Mood; Tired

xxxBewildered and turning around to answer the older student's voice. Compared to Amelia this girl....woman was an adult where Amelia was still such a child. "How would I go about doing that?" She was curious and it would be really fun to do so.

[OCC; Sorry for late reply was with my mom all weekend]
[With; Freya, Hershel. Jasmine]

Pale Mist

panic_memors

Violet the Maestro

Zombilious

Friendly Gaian

Essy ze Ninja
Vice Captain

Partying Phantom

10,275 Points
  • Dramatic Shipping 25
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Tipsy 100
PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2013 1:19 pm
So you wanna call me the devils' advocate
But you don't even know the half of it
I was raised to believe in miracles
My life is so cold

User Image
Head Girl Annabelle Emery Rich
Seventh Year Seeker, Slytherin Prefect

”Hmmm,” she hummed, gently rasping her nails against the hard wooden table inhabited by serpents and dragons alike. Pale and misty eyes glazed over the scene around her, wavered over the doubtful face of first years and the criticism of her older peers, and she’d almost thought she was about to witness a brawl right then and there—until her cousin seemed to douse the flames. At least he was starting to learn….

”Whatever it was, I’m sure we’ll all find out soon enough whether we want to or not…” Her wispy voice fluttered in the air as she nodded her head towards Jasmine and Amanda.

Hearing the curious young first year, Belle reiterated on Jasmine’s suggestion. ”Just find the Head of House Professor Brighton, and like Jass said, discuss it with him to get it approved. It’d probably be easiest to find him in his office in the hospital wing, to be sure.”

╔════▄▀▄▀▄▄▀▄▀▄══════════════════╗

Fashionably: Classy
Troubles: Patience

╚══════════════════▄▀▄▀▄▄▀▄▀▄════╝

Great Hall

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 92 93 94 95 96 97 ... 177 178 179 180 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games