Welcome to Gaia! ::

Absolute Furry the Guild

Back to Guilds

Gaia's Oldest Furry Guild 

Tags: Furry, Furries, Anthro, Anthropomorphic, Roleplay 

Reply Adult Furries Guild
AFG Sallies Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 92 93 94 95 96 97 ... 1043 1044 1045 1046 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Rainey_angel81

PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2006 9:45 pm
Zella L.
Rainey_angel81
Zella L.
Rainey_angel81
Zella L.
:pokes teh Raineys:
Yesterday I was at a Search and rescue meeting.
Police person: "blah blah blah Search and Rescue dogs, at the last comeptition Contra Costa County took first, second and third."
Me: 0_0 "Was the first placer named Haley?"
Police Person: "Yuh-huh."
Me; =DD "I know heeeeeeeer!" =DDDD

why were you at a search and rescue meeting?

And that is so cool.

THere's some program...I think they call it "explororers" for people ages 14-21 interested in search and rescue.

I was an explorer ^.^ I didn't know the guys were still doing school talks. They do all sorts of fun stuff. We went to the shooting range when I was one, and whitewater rafting and skiing.

Woah, Awesome. Maybe I'll see you on the job sometime? Do you think I could get a job doing that or something when I'm older? Is it a good job? Should I take these questions to one of the police dudes? They did mention something about firefighters. ;D

it's volunteer, but what it will help you in the future for firefighting. Since we do low angle rescue, medical training and Urban SAR.
I would recommend that you join. BUT...it does take up a lot of time and it is sort of expensive. So, you kind of have to think along those lines.  
PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2006 9:46 pm
Af Mas
I've discovered today the horrors of a flat tire. Thankfully, it was just out of air and didn't need changing. Just hope it'll still be inflated tomorrow, otherwise I'm screwed. I have no idea how to change a tire ^^;;

call AAA....I don't even know where my spare is  

Rainey_angel81

Af Mas

PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2006 9:54 pm
Rainey_angel81
Af Mas
I've discovered today the horrors of a flat tire. Thankfully, it was just out of air and didn't need changing. Just hope it'll still be inflated tomorrow, otherwise I'm screwed. I have no idea how to change a tire ^^;;

I would have then, if I had brought my cell. I have it, yet I never bring it with me. I really need to get into that habit sweatdrop I was wondering what was up when I left for work because I heard a weird sound, but it went away when I get on the highway. When I got back to my car afterwork, the back right tired was flat, and I had no idea what I was gonna do. I thought I might be able to make it home, but when I couldn't even go over 15 without the car shaking like crazy, I didn't think I would make it. I'm glad the gas station was close by, because I needed to get some gas and I could also use the pump there. I filled the tired back up and was able to make it home just fine. But there's no cap on the little nozzle for the tire, on both tires on the right side. Just hope it was just a random occurence  
PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2006 9:58 pm
Af Mas
Rainey_angel81
Af Mas

I would have then, if I had brought my cell. I have it, yet I never bring it with me. I really need to get into that habit sweatdrop I was wondering what was up when I left for work because I heard a weird sound, but it went away when I get on the highway. When I got back to my car afterwork, the back right tired was flat, and I had no idea what I was gonna do. I thought I might be able to make it home, but when I couldn't even go over 15 without the car shaking like crazy, I didn't think I would make it. I'm glad the gas station was close by, because I needed to get some gas and I could also use the pump there. I filled the tired back up and was able to make it home just fine. But there's no cap on the little nozzle for the tire, on both tires on the right side. Just hope it was just a random occurence
Meep did you check for nails. Tires don't just go poofy. @.@  

Krissim Klaw

Af Mas

PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2006 10:01 pm
Krissim Klaw
Af Mas
Rainey_angel81
Af Mas

Meep did you check for nails. Tires don't just go poofy. @.@

I didn't, but I'll check tomorrow. I'm sure someone around knows how to change a tire  
PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2006 10:05 pm
As long as you know where a jack, spanner set and the spare tire is. Then there are no problems.

Jack up the rear of the car (using the jack on a secure part of metal, although funny looking at the plastic bend, not really recommended), undo the nuts, take the tire off, put the new one on, do up the nuts tightly, put away the stuff you used, and bob's most likely not your uncle. Tire changed.  

Crenn

Krissim Klaw

PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2006 10:07 pm
Or do it the Krissim way *pull out cell and call Daddy to come to the rescue* Course I don't have a car of my own yet anyways. XD  
PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2006 10:09 pm
Krissim Klaw
Or do it the Krissim way *pull out cell and call Daddy to come to the rescue* Course I don't have a car of my own yet anyways. XD

*laughs* Awwr, and miss out the fun of cursing because you can't find the nuts?  

Crenn

Af Mas

PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2006 10:10 pm
Krissim Klaw

That's what I would have done, sorta, had I brought my cell ^^;  
PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2006 10:14 pm
Af Mas
Krissim Klaw

That's what I would have done, sorta, had I brought my cell ^^;
rofl  

Krissim Klaw

Krissim Klaw

PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2006 10:15 pm
Crenn
Krissim Klaw

Krissim is to lazy for that. Makes me think of when my friend locked us out of the car... and it was still running. rofl

That was a funny little adventure  
PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2006 10:35 pm
Rainey_angel81
Zella L.
Rainey_angel81
Zella L.
Rainey_angel81
Zella L.
:pokes teh Raineys:
Yesterday I was at a Search and rescue meeting.
Police person: "blah blah blah Search and Rescue dogs, at the last comeptition Contra Costa County took first, second and third."
Me: 0_0 "Was the first placer named Haley?"
Police Person: "Yuh-huh."
Me; =DD "I know heeeeeeeer!" =DDDD

why were you at a search and rescue meeting?

And that is so cool.

THere's some program...I think they call it "explororers" for people ages 14-21 interested in search and rescue.

I was an explorer ^.^ I didn't know the guys were still doing school talks. They do all sorts of fun stuff. We went to the shooting range when I was one, and whitewater rafting and skiing.

Woah, Awesome. Maybe I'll see you on the job sometime? Do you think I could get a job doing that or something when I'm older? Is it a good job? Should I take these questions to one of the police dudes? They did mention something about firefighters. ;D

it's volunteer, but what it will help you in the future for firefighting. Since we do low angle rescue, medical training and Urban SAR.
I would recommend that you join. BUT...it does take up a lot of time and it is sort of expensive. So, you kind of have to think along those lines.

Thanks! I really would like to join. A lot. One more quick Q: How would you get transported from say school to the scene if they called you? I can't drive yet so, I'd just run home and get my dad to drive? Or would they not call someone in the Explorers?
And...about how expensive over how long a period of time?  

Zella L.

Crenn

PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2006 10:41 pm
Krissim Klaw
Crenn
Krissim Klaw

Krissim is to lazy for that. Makes me think of when my friend locked us out of the car... and it was still running. rofl

That was a funny little adventure
'

That's why it's also good to have a coat hanger in a hidden location on your car. My grandpa (after I managed to lock the keys in his brand new ute) taught me out to open a car with a coat hanger. It's not something I want to have to do again.  
PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2006 10:55 pm
Quote:
Thanks! I really would like to join. A lot. One more quick Q: How would you get transported from say school to the scene if they called you? I can't drive yet so, I'd just run home and get my dad to drive? Or would they not call someone in the Explorers?

It's a lot of fun. you should join ^.^
1. Well..it depends. It would be a parent, or..if someone who livd close by was going too, they could drive you. Usually...searches are not on a weekday in the middle of the day. They're usually in the wee hours of the night or early morning. And on the hottest and coldest days of the year. The only searches you wouldn't be called to are the ones they use cadaver dogs, firearms and explosives dogs and trailing dogs because those are often times either criminal cases or high risk areas.

2. Uh...the cost has gone down some. Depending on how expensive you get of things, I would say it could go as low as $250 and as high as $500.
Because of the amount of time I've spent in doing dogs and spending money to get my dogs to where they are today, I'd say I spent a whole lot more than most people.  

Rainey_angel81

Zella L.

PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2006 9:52 am
Rainey_angel81
Quote:

It's a lot of fun. you should join ^.^
1. Well..it depends. It would be a parent, or..if someone who livd close by was going too, they could drive you. Usually...searches are not on a weekday in the middle of the day. They're usually in the wee hours of the night or early morning. And on the hottest and coldest days of the year. The only searches you wouldn't be called to are the ones they use cadaver dogs, firearms and explosives dogs and trailing dogs because those are often times either criminal cases or high risk areas.

2. Uh...the cost has gone down some. Depending on how expensive you get of things, I would say it could go as low as $250 and as high as $500.
Because of the amount of time I've spent in doing dogs and spending money to get my dogs to where they are today, I'd say I spent a whole lot more than most people.

*dies of excitement*
And I could afford that, yeigh. ^^  
Adult Furries Guild

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 92 93 94 95 96 97 ... 1043 1044 1045 1046 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games