Welcome to Gaia! ::

Absolute Furry the Guild

Back to Guilds

Gaia's Oldest Furry Guild 

Tags: Furry, Furries, Anthro, Anthropomorphic, Roleplay 

Reply Adult Furries Guild
AFG Sallies Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 93 94 95 96 97 98 ... 1043 1044 1045 1046 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Shaviv

PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2006 10:09 am

Quote:
I'm sure someone around knows how to change a tire

Someone here does? It's easy, as long as you have the right tools (basically, yourself, a jack and a tire iron).

The car's manual will tell you where to place the jack, and cranking it is simple. If you don't have a jack, you can't do this. And if you don't have a tire iron you can't do this. Don't use a regular wrench on lug nuts, ever. You'll damage them.

1. So, place the jack as instructed and crank it, crank it well, until the bottom of the tire is off the ground.
2. Then, take off the lug nuts and put them aside.
3. Then, pull the wheel off the hub. This takes some strength. When you put the wheel aside, make sure it's not getting scratched up or otherwise damaged. So don't just chuck it.
4. Take your spare and line it up with the wheel bolts sticking out of the hub. If it won't fit, crank your jack upward a few times and try again.
5. When that's done, put the lug nuts back on by hand, and then tighten them with the tire iron. Don't use too much pressure, just do it firmly.

When that's done, you're good to go. Drive to your nearest shop and ask them to repair your tire. The shop I go to usually charges less than $20 for a routine puncture repair.

Also, if your tire iron is this cast-iron affair that is shaped kind of like a crowbar, go out to some store (Pep Boys, or National Wholesale Liquidators, or whoever) and buy a cross-iron. This is a tire iron with four differently sized sockets, one at each end, and it's a lot easier to crank than a crowbar-shaped iron. Plus, the crowbar-shaped ones, being made of iron, are stupidly brittle and will break, while a cross-iron is made of a tougher, but still hard alloy.
PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2006 10:18 am

That's about as detailed an instruction I've ever seen. I still think I need someone with me when I do it xp

Af Mas

FogSage

PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2006 4:56 pm

Wonderful. I was blocked for THREE DAYS for calling someone in the ED a "offensive breeder twit". -_- I'll never go to the ED again........
PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2006 4:59 pm

FogSage
Wonderful. I was blocked for THREE DAYS for calling someone in the ED a "offensive breeder twit". -_- I'll never go to the ED again........
Well your really not suppose to sling insults in there, or anywhere on gaia for that matter. ED is suppose to be a place to hold intellectual debates with a decent amount of control.

Krissim Klaw

FogSage

PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2006 5:31 pm

Krissim Klaw
FogSage
Well your really not suppose to sling insults in there, or anywhere on gaia for that matter. ED is suppose to be a place to hold intellectual debates with a decent amount of control.

Exactly. And then, you have complete IDIOTS that come in there and the stuff they say is so FREAKING STUPID you want to shake them and scream at them.

Which is the equivelent of what I did. -_-"
PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2006 5:35 pm

FogSage
Krissim Klaw
FogSage

Exactly. And then, you have complete IDIOTS that come in there and the stuff they say is so FREAKING STUPID you want to shake them and scream at them.

But then you are only stooping to their level. If they are that bad just ignore them and then yoiu won't be burdened with their dribble.

Krissim Klaw

FogSage

PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2006 5:38 pm

Krissim Klaw
FogSage
Krissim Klaw
FogSage

But then you are only stooping to their level. If they are that bad just ignore them and then yoiu won't be burdened with their dribble.

You can't ignore stupidity so stupid it makes you laugh and cry at the same time.

Also, I've been branded a n00b and a troll. Apparently, the only reason I go to the ED is because "you like pissing people off". -_-
PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2006 5:57 pm

FogSage
Krissim Klaw
FogSage
Krissim Klaw
FogSage

You can't ignore stupidity so stupid it makes you laugh and cry at the same time.

Also, I've been branded a n00b and a troll. Apparently, the only reason I go to the ED is because "you like pissing people off". -_-
No, I mean physically put them on your ignore list. Then you won't have to look at any of there posts anymore.

Krissim Klaw

Lloxie

PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2006 7:35 pm

Erf, just wanted to let everyone know I'm DSL-less at the moment. Our ISP crapped out on us the other day, so I won't be online for a few days. >_< I'm currently using dialup on my mom's comp (26k at that) which doesn't even work a lot of the time. So yeah. I'll be back asap, hopefully by the end of the week at the latest. Miss you guys... much love! *hugs and nuzzes everyone*
PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2006 8:53 pm

Lloxie
Erf, just wanted to let everyone know I'm DSL-less at the moment. Our ISP crapped out on us the other day, so I won't be online for a few days. >_< I'm currently using dialup on my mom's comp (26k at that) which doesn't even work a lot of the time. So yeah. I'll be back asap, hopefully by the end of the week at the latest. Miss you guys... much love! *hugs and nuzzes everyone*

Wondered what happened. Glad it's just your internet not working and not something else

Af Mas

Record Producer Jay-Z

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2006 12:30 am

Well today sucked, my good friend Josh's aunt was found dead in her house. His mom went over to her house since she hadnt called in some time and found her dead. So Im quite sad for his loss. Also which was odd that he had a nightmare of his family dying. So this wasnt a good thing to wake up to
PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2006 3:46 am

Krissim Klaw
FogSage
Krissim Klaw
FogSage
Krissim Klaw
FogSage

No, I mean physically put them on your ignore list. Then you won't have to look at any of there posts anymore.
That actually doesn't keep you from seeing posts in the forums. I know Mephi had me on his ignore list, and even though I couldn't PM him, he could see my RP posts.

Leyla Giselle

Manda_Tifa

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2006 7:26 am

So I feel the need to rant, but to do so I'm just gonna make a long story short:

When I was born, my grandfather set up a trust fund in my name, so that by the time I was in college, it would be all grown and full of money that I can spend on my education. Theoretically. Well, now that he's passed away, I need to get the account moved over to my bank account, and get the money that's in it. I have absolutely NO idea how much that is, cause they won't tell anyone but me now. When I tried to find out how much, and how to get it transferred to me, they're telling me that I need their street address. But the one that my grandmother currently lives at (and both grandparents have lived there for the past 15 years) is different from the one listed on the account. Which means I need to find out what they're OLD street address is. *sigh*

I haven't spoken to my grandmother since before my grandfather died, and I have no idea what I'm supposed to say, but now I have to call her back and find out what her old street address was so I can finally get the money out of limbo.

What a headache this is turning out to be..... gonk
PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2006 7:31 am

Manda_Tifa
So I feel the need to rant, but to do so I'm just gonna make a long story short:

When I was born, my grandfather set up a trust fund in my name, so that by the time I was in college, it would be all grown and full of money that I can spend on my education. Theoretically. Well, now that he's passed away, I need to get the account moved over to my bank account, and get the money that's in it. I have absolutely NO idea how much that is, cause they won't tell anyone but me now. When I tried to find out how much, and how to get it transferred to me, they're telling me that I need their street address. But the one that my grandmother currently lives at (and both grandparents have lived there for the past 15 years) is different from the one listed on the account. Which means I need to find out what they're OLD street address is. *sigh*

I haven't spoken to my grandmother since before my grandfather died, and I have no idea what I'm supposed to say, but now I have to call her back and find out what her old street address was so I can finally get the money out of limbo.

What a headache this is turning out to be..... gonk

*rubs Manda's temples* I am sure it will all get sorted out. You are still lucky to have money set aside like that for your education. I haven't been able to attend any college corses because of a lack of funds, Though I do hope to have enough saved up in the near future to start taking classes again.

Selene Aries

Angel Natavi

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2006 7:33 am

Ouch. Yeah, that would be a major headache.
Adult Furries Guild

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 93 94 95 96 97 98 ... 1043 1044 1045 1046 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games