Welcome to Gaia! ::

Soquili Era

Back to Guilds

Tags: soquili, horses, breedable pets, pet horses, familiars 

Reply Archived
=Soquili Stats Bonus Questions= December Questions Open! Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 95 96 97 98 99 100 102 103 104 105 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

ProphetOfProfit

Profitable Prophet

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2012 4:54 pm

Owner's Name:

DemonWingedPoetGirl

Participating Soquili:

Isolean Vriends

Link to Teepee:

Home Sweet Home

Has there ever been a time in which all hope seemed lost and then things suddenly changed in your favor? Describe that time if there was one:

once not long ago in the middle of the winter i lost my usual shelter to a piar of skinwalkers. With no place to go i was slowly freezing to death wondering about in the stomach high snow and the sun was quickly rising. My eyes burned till i was nearly blind in the harsh light so at my wits end with my body begging to rest i collapsed. i thought for sure i would die until out of no ware it seemed a stallion as pure and white as the snow its self appeared and laid beside me. draping his wing to shield me from the sun and his warm body soothing my chills. he even stayed awake while i slept to guard me.
it may seem strange but i had never known such kindness from a stranger. if it wasnt for him i most likely would have died."

What do you think would be the worst possible moment for your luck to run out?:

considering the question she looks back at her rump and back which shows marks of what looks like large patches of burns under her creamy coat.
"My everyday is clinging to one bit of luck to the next and when it runs out . . . well as you can see it can be quite dangerous. so i suppose you could say the worst time for me to run out of luck would be anytime. because anytime could be my last time . . ."

April showers bring May flowers. What have you done in the past that came back to you making you feel lucky?:

I was found by my loving family who despite my appearance and many who tried to dissuade them with silly superstition kept me and raised me as their own.

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2012 5:50 pm
Owner's Name: xKOVAKtheWOLFx
Participating Soquili: Vex
Link to Teepee: Teepee

Has there ever been a time in which all hope seemed lost and then things suddenly changed in your favor? Describe that time if there was one:
Yes, of course! I was all alone in the forest with Yakone in banishment, when one day, a Hellmaster Phibbrizzo appeared.

Hmm... -snorts- probably while doing something really important?

April showers bring May flowers. What have you done in the past that came back to you making you feel lucky?:
I found Yakone and he was the only thing that I call a friend. That's luck, ain't it?  

xKOVAKtheWOLFx
Crew

Trash

FallenThroughMidnight

Questionable Conversationalist

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2012 9:39 pm

Owner's Name: fallenthroughmidnight
Participating Soquili: Korev cert
Link to Teepee: Link

Has there ever been a time in which all hope seemed lost and then things suddenly changed in your favor? Describe that time if there was one: Things? Change in my favor? Oh now that’s funny, no really. You are hilarious. I guess if there’s a thing, it would be my mum meeting that stallion. Not my da, ‘course not. The other fella. She thought she would never find love after what happened, but just look at how happy she is now.

What do you think would be the worst possible moment for your luck to run out?: …I think you misunderstood the part where I ‘have’ luck. Ah well. Worst possible moment for luck to run out. Wouldn’t any unlucky moment be bad? Mmh. I suppose being chased by a predator would be a bad time to randomly get stuck in a briar patch or something.

April showers bring May flowers. What have you done in the past that came back to you making you feel lucky?: …point missed. Clearly. Well. Mhm. Helped out a foal that decided it could swim once. Parents were so glad that she was alright, they decided not to run me off their territory. Guess that could be lucky. ‘course, I left anyway. A traveler does not exactly stay in one place for very long after all.

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2012 7:00 pm
Owner's Name: Teh Cheryl and -Polar-
Participating Soquili: Invictus
Link to Teepee: {Teepee}

Invictus ducks his head, his ears pressed back against his mane as he answers, "...Not...really. ..." He wilts.

Invictus shuffles his feet nervously against the ground, his nervous habit that he still hasn't been able to break. "Well. I guess. Anytime is a bad time?" he answers, his voice lilting hopefully before he sighs, hanging his head a little lower than before. "I guess..."

"Dunno..." Invictus mutters, kicking up the grass as he nervously swings one of his front legs. "I don't think I'm any luckier than anyone else. But, ya know..." He shrugs, once again, his head sinking even lower and his mane practically covering his eyes. "I guess just having a family and a home makes me feeling pretty lucky."

Teh Cheryl

BelaLucina

Tiny Explorer

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2012 8:15 pm
Owner's Name: Belalusiia
Participating Soquili: Abdiel
Link to Teepee: here

Has there ever been a time in which all hope seemed lost and then things suddenly changed in your favor? Describe that time if there was one: There have been times, when wandering far from home in the cold and all alone, that I feared I would not make it to the next day, whether it be from lack of food, or from a lack of will to carry on. In those times, a glimmer of hope has always been found, or a friendly face appeared to cheer me on.

What do you think would be the worst possible moment for your luck to run out?: When faced with a foe, or a hunter.

April showers bring May flowers. What have you done in the past that came back to you making you feel lucky?: I've never really set much store in luck, but believed in my own strength within me. However, during certain times it seems that the gods are watching over me, and that makes me feel lucky.  
PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2012 8:43 pm
Owner's Name: [+Katch+]
Participating Soquili: Chemosh
Link to Teepee: LINK
Chemosh wrinkled his nose and hissed " Hardly!" he flicked his shadowy tail in distaste, finding the question uninteresting " Nothing hasss ever been lossst for me, not totally anyway, if you are sssmart enough you can figure out waysss around everything." He snorted.
" MY luck?" He laughed, a shaarp harsh hissing sound " As if! I make my OWN luck you sssilly creature. But IF i wasss ever in sssuch a predicament...i sssuposse It would be if I wassss...hunting." He smiled abnormally wide " ussse your imagination on WHAT I'd be hunting...but yesss...hunting accidentsss...not like LUCK hasss anything to do with my ssskill."
" Flowerssss, how sssilly of a notion, only you two leggersss could think up sssomething that ssstupid." He sneered, his fangs glinting " Ohhhhh, well I AM proud of my ssskill at picking up fine, dangerousss beautiesss." He chuckled, his tail lashing about. " Pity you're not one of thossse."  

[+Katch+]

Kawaii Hunter

mindsend
Vice Captain

Ghost Trash

17,975 Points
  • Waffles! 25
  • Bold Squire 75
  • Dragon Master 50
PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2012 7:03 pm
Owner's Name:Mindsend
Participating Soquili: Taarab
Link to Teepee: http://www.gaiaonline.com/guilds/viewtopic.php?t=15175157

Testing his recently re-healed tooth with his tongue, Taarab winced softly, still tender from his recent altercation with a skinwalker who had attempted to hurt the foals he had sired, "Recently? The fact that one of the guards that came to the rescue was part unicorn.. And that we have skilled healers joined in the flock."

"Almost happened today" Taarab rested his head on a log with a bit of fur draped over it like a blanket, one of the few comforts available in a guard camp, "If I had not been lucky enough to dodge that last blow, I doubt I'd be here."

Taarab smiled softly, thinking about a few things, "... My loyalty to the flock and becoming Aylin's Protected, as well as being productive beyond the minimum requirement for a stallion. While I'm sure they'd have healed me regardless, since I am a flock stallion and we're not under attack and strained for resources, I'll likely get at least a little extra rehabilitation so I could continue my duties since I need to be able to do more than just lounge about."

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2012 10:54 pm
Owner's Name: SkyDragono
Participating Soquili: Albert
Link to Teepee: Teepee

I have come across this several times, especially when coming across odds that are rather, lets say, are not in ones favor. Though, sometimes, I tend to manage to escape, no matter what the odds are. It's amazing the situations you can get out of and surviving. Surviving is the key. A whole lot of luck comes second.

For luck to run out. Hmm. Probably galloping across a field either going to face an opponent or fleeing from one that has proven that their skills have far surpassed yours. If your not that sure of foot, then that would be a terrible time to step in a gopher hole, or a rabbit hole.

Are you kidding? I have my mate, and my foals, and they have their own foals. What makes a stallion feel more lucky then to have his chosen mare at his side, and his foals growing and grown. The fact that I could find her, and that we were lucky enough to have them... What could make one feel more lucky?  

SkyDragono

Dangerous Healer

12,775 Points
  • Married 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Battery 500

techabyte
Crew

Inquisitive Gawker

10,000 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Gender Swap 100
PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2012 11:55 am
Owner's Name: x blame it on the --- x
Participating Soquili: Yazoo
Link to Teepee: Linkage

The stallion stared toward the human, before grunting and looked away, his eyes distant and thoughtful. For a moment, he considered the question, before shaking his head, and looked back forward. "That is none of your concern. But if you must know, yes, it has, and no, I will not describe the time. It is my personal memory and I will hold it as such."

"In a fight. That is an obvious one." Yazoo stated, nodding his head curtly. In the back of his head his mind went to another, and he shook out his mane, pushing her from his thoughts before murmuring something to the small lion familiar, who dashed away quickly in response.

Yazoo stared, his ears perking up at the question, before he considered it thoughtfully. What had he done? Shaking his head, he looked toward the sky. "Nothing, really. All I have achieved feels to be from skill, rather than luck. But who is to say something I have done recently won't come into play later? It is all a matter of time."  
PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2012 12:56 pm
Owner's Name: ladyfirefox89
Participating Soquili: Keely
Link to Teepee: Here

Has there ever been a time in which all hope seemed lost and then things suddenly changed in your favor? Describe that time if there was one: Keely's eyes turned hard as the words reached her. "Yes, there have been many a time things seemed lost...." Her eyes turned a little fuzzy as she looked down. No matter how she felt now, she remembered what Carlisle had done for her. "When Carlisle rescued me from the swamp..... that is when things turned around for me...."

What do you think would be the worst possible moment for your luck to run out?: "My luck has already run out. When pregnant with my first brood, I got flash backs of the terrible past I had forgotten. Since then, I have yet to forgive any one who knew me and kept that past from me."

April showers bring May flowers. What have you done in the past that came back to you making you feel lucky?: Her lips quivered between sorrow of loss, and a small smile of remembrance. I was very lucky to find my Ironforge and to have his offspring."  

Jackariah Beckett

Fluffy Firestarter

14,975 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50

medigel

Anxious Spirit

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2012 6:13 pm
Owner's Name: Ol-j-man
Participating Soquili: Falconwing
Link to Teepee: x

"I've never lost hope! Things always go in my favor if I push hard enough," Falcon said with a sniff. "And if it doesn't go that way, I make it."

The stallion tilted his head in thought. "Uhhh. I guess if you're flying and then suddenly your wings, I dunno, stopped working or whatever? Get struck by lightning?" The very idea made him shiver.

"Uhhhhhhhh." He frowned thoughtfully and, finding nothing suitable in his memories, decided to lie with a boastful grin. "I saved a mare once when she was about to get attacked by wolves. Dove right in like a hawk and beat those stupid mutts right up. She gave me a kiss and I've been high flying ever since~"  
PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2012 10:29 pm
Owner's Name: Darkmoon Dancer
Participating Soquili:Avia
Link to Teepee: [ here ]

"Oh, yes! I thought that my life was going to be led and continue from where I was with my lovely mother and sister, but then one night, something amazing happened! I found my dashing, lovely prince charming! He came to me and whisked me away in the dark of the night. It was soooo romantic!" the mare's eyes fluttered and she nearly swooned, remembering that fateful night not too long ago.

"Well, that should be any time one runs into becoming someone else's dinner, I should say!" She shudders slightly, "I hope that never happens to me!"

"Well, remember how I said Prince Charming found me?" She nods, regardless of your reaction, "Well he found me because I was singing that night! And the night before, and the one before, and the one before that! I doubt he would have been able to find me again if I hadn't continued to sing to the twinkling stars! That was pretty lucky, if you ask me."  

Darkmoon Dancer

Shameless Ladykiller

tefla

Enigmatic Star

19,400 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Object of Affection 150
PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2012 5:36 pm
Owner's Name: tefla
Participating Soquili: Kayleena
Link to Teepee: http://www.gaiaonline.com/guilds/viewtopic.php?t=18150559&page=1

Has there ever been a time in which all hope seemed lost and then things suddenly changed in your favor? Describe that time if there was one: Kayleena debates this."I'm living this moment as we speak. Things have yet to change in my favor though. I was tricked by someone I met one day and things have not gone smoothly for me since. Maybe things will change but so far ... nothing."

What do you think would be the worst possible moment for your luck to run out?: "When you are stuck in the middle of a group of Soquili that are led by a skinwalker named Samsara." Kayleena shivers. "Trust me it probably won't go well for you."

April showers bring May flowers. What have you done in the past that came back to you making you feel lucky?: Kayleena tries to think of an event in the past and fails. She gives a helpless shrug. "I'm having a hard time thinking of anything that has resulted in my feeling lucky. Maybe I need to give it more time?"  
PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2012 8:37 pm
Owner's Name: Bardess Ookami
Participating Soquili: Inoshishioni
Link to Teepee: Home Sweet Home

Has there ever been a time in which all hope seemed lost and then things suddenly changed in your favor? Describe that time if there was one: "When it seemed to me that all hope seemed lost, or when it might have looked that way to an outsider?" Inoshishioni cocked his head and considered the question. "While I would love to find out from another when it seemed that way to him or her about my situation, no one has voiced such a thing to me as of yet. Therefore, I can answer the question far more easily if I presume that the intention was that it seemed lost to me, which I can answer with far less subjective inference.

"However, when all hope is lost is a phrase that I am not much accustomed to using. You see, I start from the conjecture that hope is simply will. As I live, I can have and even exert my will. If, however, you meant to equate hope in this case with luck, as the context would imply, then that is a different matter all together.

"You see, luck is often merely happenstance, mixed with effort. More random chance, I will grant, then effort, as if it were more work then chance, it would hardly be called luck. Which term would be the best suited could be debated at a later time, if you wish. I would be most pleased to have that discussion. On this topic however, if we accept the theorem that luck is primarily a series of random occurrences tainted by your view on life - and there is another whole angle, perception - then I fail to see how I could acknowledge a scenario in which I would be persuaded to feel that luck ha run out. Probability quite simply does not work in that manner.

"Now, as to perception, well, how one views an incident can often change if they call an event good luck or bad, or even no luck at all. For example, should one plan to spend the day in peaceful meditation of the day prior, and be interrupted by a chatty sort who literally falls upon you, one could take it as an ill turn. After all, you've collected a bruise, lost your train of thought, and should she stay, lost your whole day, falling behind on your schedule. However, you could choose to see it as an opportunity to hear the views and thoughts of one eager to share all she knows and thinks. The bruise then is simply the price of admission, and well worth the pain. This could then be seen as a decidedly good stroke of luck." He was aware that he had strayed from the original question some, but that was alright.

What do you think would be the worst possible moment for your luck to run out?:Well, my brief oration above does display that I feel that it is rather impossible to run out of luck, however, I could answer as though the question was asking when would the worst moment be for it to take a bad turn, for happenstance to not work in my favor.

"There are many instances where that could go poorly, and I hesitate to call any single one the worst, but I can think of a few rather bad ones. I could sum the ideas up into a single broad category, however. When the life of one I care about or even my own, were in jeopardy. Not to say that I do not care about my own life, that is. I was simply making sure to be inclusive of both."

April showers bring May flowers. What have you done in the past that came back to you making you feel lucky?: "I found a pleasant place to sit and contemplate the day before. Things have gone quite well for me since."  

Bardess Ookami

Devoted Bibliophile

14,700 Points
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Grunny Rainbow 100

DeeJaye
Crew

O.G. Hunter

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2012 10:30 pm
Owner's Name: DeeJaye
Participating Soquili: Shikoba
Link to Teepee: [click!]

Has there ever been a time in which all hope seemed lost and then things suddenly changed in your favor? Describe that time if there was one: "Of course there has been times - but to say it... suddenly changed perturbs me slightly; you're implying as if it it was because I was lucky, which is definitely not the case. It was simply skill and talent that allowed me to switch an impossible situation into something hopeful and eventually promising in my favor. I may not be able to spot the particular situation, but when I was able to weasel myself out of an arguement, it was through my cunning ideas... Not because of some silly thing called luck."

What do you think would be the worst possible moment for your luck to run out?: He frowned, and tilted his head slightly, as if going through some thought process. "I don't particularly believe in luck, and I said earlier.. But if I had to answer, I guess being stuck in some unfortunate situation like... Well, like facing some extreme condition - like a volcano or rising waters - while being cornered and no way out." The stallion shrugged. "I don't know, something where it seems the tides won't turn in your favor. Something where it looks like death might be imminent."

April showers bring May flowers. What have you done in the past that came back to you making you feel lucky?: The stallion huffed. "I guess not hooking up with this mare I came across a long while back. She was... Well, she had my heart captivated, but looking back on the time, I believe it was for the best that we drifted apart. I'm sure she was great but... Well, I wasn't ready for commitment."  
Archived

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 95 96 97 98 99 100 102 103 104 105 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff