Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry Roleplay Guild

Back to Guilds

A school of magic, based on J.K. Rowling's books. In need of Professors and Students! Join Now for the February - May year! 

Tags: Harry Potter, Hogwarts, Hogsmeade, J.K. Rowling, Roleplay 

Reply Great Hall
Gryffindor Table Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 95 96 97 98 99 100 ... 190 191 192 193 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Cinnabun Gryffie
Vice Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100
PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2013 3:38 pm
User Image
User ImageGryffindorFourth YearSeekerWriterPureblood

Once upon a midnight dreary, while I pondered, weak and weary,
Over many a quaint and curious volume of forgotten lore—
While I nodded, nearly napping, suddenly there came a tapping,
As of some one gently rapping, rapping at my chamber door—
"'Tis some visitor," I muttered, "tapping at my chamber door—
Only this and nothing more."

Romy smiled at Anna, a slight hint of pink in his cheeks making his eyes evermore vibrant. He couldn't hold eye contact with the girl without his heart hammering inside his chest. Why had he kissed her? They weren't dating, nor did he think she ever wanted to... so why had he done it? As of now, he was blaming it all on teenage emotions and fear. He hadn't wanted to die without a first kiss, after all, but what person did? She seemed a bit distracted as he spoke, so his eyes melted into a concerned look. Why was she talking to him like he had just escaped an asylum? Maybe his earlier confession to being crazy finally hit her? "Always a story, should one have the eye to see it, the mind to think it, and the hand with which to write." Well... at least it sounded poetic? Now she was saying how they fit together, given that neither fit in elsewhere. Maybe their weirdness just clicked. There was a quote about that somewhere in the dredges of his mind... "We’re all a little weird. And life is weird. And when we find someone whose weirdness is compatible with ours, we join up with them and fall into mutual weirdness and call it love." He blinked at his outpouring of words. "Erm... M-most people say Dr. Seuss wrote that... b-but he didn't... um.. It's accredited to Robert Fulgham..." Random trivia time? Apparently. Only he could quote, source and cite said quote. No wonder people thought he was weird....

Wearing

And the Raven, never flitting, still is sitting, still is sitting
On the pallid bust of Pallas just above my chamber door;
And his eyes have all the seeming of a demon's that is dreaming,
And the lamp-light o'er him streaming throws his shadow on the floor;
And my soul from out that shadow that lies floating on the floor
Shall be lifted—Nevermore!

PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2013 3:49 pm
User Image
User Image

GryffindorThird YearReserve Beater

Tevye's eyes lit up at the talk of a new broom. "Oh wow really? What model?! How much did it cost? Can I try it?!?!" He asked shooting the questions one after another, He loved the idea of having your own broom. Being muggleborn his brooms came from the school and are rather old compared to the ones he's seen in the shops.
{OoC:}

Xistund

Sir Spazalots

Fashionable Lover

PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2013 5:21 pm
User ImageUser Image

The Korean sat at the table silent, he was not in his usual cheerful mood. One could see so as his hair was jet black. Not like it's usual colorful array. He had fallen asleep on the train ride and had the nightmare again. This time though, the masked woman did not save him and he had no chance of escape. He was surrounded by the masked figures from the circus. This dream had haunted him since the Circus. Since he saw countless die before him.

It was just then he shook his head, trying to clear her mind. It was a success. His hair changed from Black to a light Purple. "Hi. I'm Eun." he said as he looked at the group of first years. I need to forget. he thought as he smiled at the group.  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2013 5:33 pm
User Image
User Image

Once again, just as every sorting, Keith pulled out a shining Galleon. A smirk on his face. "Oi! Firsties. I'm Keith Alvern. Recognize the name? Nice shiny Galleon if you can tell me why." He said rolling the coin around the table. Should I give them a hint? he wondered as he looked at the first years. Yes, once again the boy was bragging about his famous parents. His mother being the Head of the Daily Prophet. His father being the captain of the National English Quidditch Team. "I'll give ya Five Galleons if ya can tell both reasons." he said.

Sir Spazalots

Fashionable Lover

Sir Spazalots

Fashionable Lover

PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2013 5:48 pm
User Image
User Image

Sean had been writing his quill scratching away. A report on the odds of the first Quidditch Season. When he heard his twin speak. "Honestly, Keith, must you do this every year? Your such an idiot." he said. He looked at the boy who was his twin, the arrogant prat. He really needs to grow up. he thought glaring at Keith.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2013 7:23 pm
The cycle repeated
As explosions broke in the sky
All that I needed
Was the one thing I couldn't find
The colors conflicted
As the flames climbed into the clouds.
I wanted to fix this
But couldn't stop from tearing it down.

User Image
Tobias Philemon Walsh
- Halfblood Gryffindor - First Year - Twin -
[feeling: disappointed] [thinking: aw...] [with: Veronica and Miranda] [at: Gryffindor Table]

Toby nodded eagerly at Ronna's suggestion of Princess Slytherin going green. It sounded good to him. She seemed the prissy, ridiculously superior type, exactly the kind of girl funniest to mess with. "Hey, you have my vote for that. It'd be hilarious, at the very least." He looked to the other girl. "Nice to meet you two. I'm Toby. Saw your splash, by the way. I'm now having second thoughts about my plan to try and find the Giant Squid." His keen ears picked up Miranda's whispers and he shook his head. "Trust me, you don't want to go anywhere near Brother Russia over there. My twin sister and I met him at Ollivander's. He called her a mudblood within a few minutes of meeting her." Honestly, if that arse went anywhere near his sister, faces would be punched and hexes would be learned. Toby considered it his duty to make sure no one messed with his sister, because as much as she could handle herself, she was still a tiny wisp of a girl who didn't know when to stop talking. He gave an older student who said hello to them a friendly nod, before his attention was caught by the arrogant blonde braggart who arrived on the scene. "You're sort of a self obsessed idiot?" he muttered slyly in reply, eyes on the galleon. Could he nick it? Maybe...

So... Can we set something on fire now?

mc2

Forks Anonymous

Sir Spazalots

And you were there at the turn
Caught in the burning glow
And I was there at the turn
Waiting to let you know
We're building it up
To break it back down
We're building it up
To burn it down

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • Blazing Power of Friendship Wave 200
  • The Wolf Within 100

Cinnabun Gryffie
Vice Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100
PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2013 8:45 pm
User ImageUser Image
Second YearGryffindorPurebloodSingle

Minn sighed. She'd been sitting alone, bored and upset. No one had spoken to her, and, being Minerva Nolynn, she needed interaction! Emerald eyes glanced up and down the table, before settling on a very, very sad looking figure. What the heck was wrong with Eun?! It looked like he hadn't slept in weeks! She stood up, then started over to the boy. On her way, she was distracted by Sean... (or was it Keith?) being a prattle head. "Your daddy is a Pro Quidditch player, Mommy runs the Daily Prophet, and you're a wannabe Beater who thinks he's got a shot. That'll be five Galleons, please!" Why was she so snippy at him? Was it because he was a prat on the field all year? Was it because neither Remy nor Dhyl liked him? Either way, the second year held out her hand, eyes looking to Eun. She was determined to talk to him. "Ya know what? Pay me later. I've got stuff to do." She grinned, then skipped over to the colorful teen. She plopped beside him, eyes focused on his. "Eun? What's wrong? You look sad..." Her body language showed her concern, innocence, and openness all in the way she sort of slumped, but still made perfect eye contact and somehow had nearly perfect posture. The girl was an enigma, much like the older Nolynns.

{OoC:}

PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2013 8:51 pm
User Image
And you can tell everybody, this is your song,
It may be quite simple but, now that it's done...

... I hope you don't mind ....

... I hope you don't mind that I put down in words
How wonderful life is while you're in the world

ιяαηđα αusт
1st Year Gryffindor MOOD HERE LOCATION HERE WITH

`.¸¸.´´¯`••.¸¸.´´¯`´`.¸¸.´´¯`••.¸¸.´´¯`´

Nam et ipsa scientia potestas est.

"The scrawny blonde girl?" Miranda asked Ronna as she eyed the Slytherin table to take a look at the students she was up against. "... I could take her." Miranda said with a devilish grin as she conjured up a billion ways to make the girl's life a living hell, though she knew she'd never even so much as attempt it unless the Princess made the first move. Miranda wasn't quite the fighting type, and she'd like to avoid getting in trouble in her first year as she had a feeling that her parents' money wouldn't be able to buy her back in unlike the other schools.

"I feel like I've mastered the lake well enough to search for such a thing, if it really exists... call me if you have second thoughts, Toby." The girl said in a half-serious, half-joking tone at the mention of his plans. Did such a thing really exist? She felt like she had skimmed over something along those lines when she went through her first year texts while on the train. After he revealed to her the Russian boy's true nature, Miranda pursed her lips. "On second thought... he's dead to me. But what else would you expect? Perhaps I'll find a suitable suitor in Gryffindor house instead." Miranda said to the pair jokingly before winking. "Who knows? Maybe you guys will find your soul mates here as well. There's lots of stories out there about students who fall in love while in school, and go on to have families."

Then a strange, older student introduced himself to the group of first years at the table. Miranda looked at him curiously, completely unsure of what to say, but Toby saved the day with his witty remarks, prompting Miranda to giggle snort in the most unattractive manner possible. "I think he deserves a galleon for that one, even if it's not the right answer." She said innocently, looking up at the Fifth year to gauge his reaction.

˙ʇsǝ sɐʇsǝʇod ɐıʇuǝıɔs ɐsdı ʇǝ ɯɐ

mc2

The Forgotten Weasley

Sir Spazalots

Forks Anonymous

Newbie Noob

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2013 9:11 pm
Forks Anonymous

The Forgotten Weasley

Sir Spazalots
User Image

User Image

Blood Status: Muggleborn
Wand: Inflexible//13 inches//Laurel//Dragon Heartstring
Current Age: 11
Year at Hogwarts: 1st year

Oh God! I forgot bravery comes with cockiness, sometimes.

Ronna smiled at Toby's approval of her suggested antics and raised a brow at the term 'mudblood' and snorted slightly and muttered, "What kind of term is that rubbish?" She glanced over at Miranda's decision not to pursue the Russian after finding out his true nature. Actually, Ronna was a bit surprised that the Russian hadn't called her rude and ridiculous names since she practically broadcasted she was muggleborn. Maybe he was too enamored by the princess-Hayden, right?

She paid attention to the interruption by the boy asking if they recognized the name and noticed there was a similar looking boy down the way. Family? Ronna chuckled at Toby's comment but then burst out laughing at the green eyed brunette who quickly shot him down while answering the question before turning her attention to the Asian kid who had purple hair- wasn't it black before? She tried to remember if she had read anything about hair colors that changed randomly. First there was one of her years, a girl sorted in Ravenclaw, who pulled it off and now this boy.

She raised a brow at Miranda's comment about finding a suitor and decided she had better things to do this year like try to get the best grades she can. Good grades do help you go a bit farther. And, she obviously still had catching up to do on the Wizarding world.

Then, she smiled at Miranda's opinion that Toby deserved one galleon for his answer. "Meh, I think Toby is sort of right. It would be like me acting like I could get away with anything because Dad's a cop or you being a spoiled brat because of rich parents," Ronna pointed out. She smiled at the boy, Sean, and said with a smile, "And, you were answered by an upperclassmen who ruined all your fun. So your Dad is a sports star, your Mom runs the Daily Prophet-by the way is there a discount for Muggles? Dad wants me to get him a subscription the next time I get a chance- and you think your hot stuff." She turned to Miranda and said, "Someone catch me I'm going to swoon in this man's glory."

User Image

In Company of: Miranda Faust and Tobias Philemon Walsh
[Wearing:plain black school robes]

{ }

PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2013 9:32 pm
User Image
User Image

Keith shot a glare at the boy you responded. Saying he was self obsessed? These bloody first years didn't even now him! He gripped his wand in his pocket. Oh how he wanted to hex the brat. He more than deserved it calling him such a thing. And then Minn, that annoying second year spoke up, "The Question was for the First years. You won't be getting any gold." he said dropping the coins back in his pocket. This dang first years are no fun this year. he thought as he glared at the girl who said the brat should get paid for his answer.

Sir Spazalots

Fashionable Lover

Sir Spazalots

Fashionable Lover

PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2013 9:40 pm
User Image
User Image

Sean shook his head as his idiotic twin carried on. He recognized the boy's reaction. He had seen it enough times before. He was mad. He really needed to control his temper. Just then Sean was torn from his thoughts as a first year spoke to him, addressing him as though he was his brother. "Pardon me, but I am not the one who was being a prat. Unlike Keith I am not hotheaded or arrogant." he said as he looked back at her curiously. Interesting. Muggle born and already pretty knowledgeable and brave. he thought as he studied her. "So your a muggle born then? I've been taking muggle studies for two years now. Is it true they have wands made of metal they use to fire stones at each other?" he asked curiously. "And sadly we normally do not send the prophet to muggles." he said.

mc2

PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2013 9:49 pm
Sir Spazalots
User Image

User Image

Blood Status: Muggleborn
Wand: Inflexible//13 inches//Laurel//Dragon Heartstring
Current Age: 11
Year at Hogwarts: 1st year

And they are brothers. Hmm... suppose I was right. Twins, then?

Ronna raised a brow at Sean's question and answered with a sigh, "Guns and bullets? They actually should be used for things like hunting animals for meat or sport not for shooting at 'each other'. Dad's taken me on the range a couple times. However, criminals will misuse anything. I suppose it is just like magic: it can be used for good or bad."

"And about the prophet I suppose I'll just have to order one myself and Dad can send the owl Dad bought to pick it up when I'm done with it," She replied with a shrug. "It is silly to think muggles with witch or wizard children should be ignorant of the world their children live in. The best way to learn about muggles is to actually interact with them. There is no reason to tear families apart. I would think a muggle with a witch or wizard in the family would have enough sense not to blabber it to the world. After all, talking about magic as if it is real is a good way to get yourself locked up in the muggle world."

User Image

In Company of: Miranda Faust, Tobias Walsh, Keith, and Sean
[Wearing:plain black school robes]

{ }

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200

Forks Anonymous

Newbie Noob

PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2013 10:36 pm
User Image
And you can tell everybody, this is your song,
It may be quite simple but, now that it's done...

... I hope you don't mind ....

... I hope you don't mind that I put down in words
How wonderful life is while you're in the world

ιяαηđα αusт
1st Year Gryffindor Playful Gryffindor Table With Ronna, Toby, Keith and Sean

`.¸¸.´´¯`••.¸¸.´´¯`´`.¸¸.´´¯`••.¸¸.´´¯`´

Nam et ipsa scientia potestas est.

Miranda giggled at Ronna's comment about being swooned by the Gryffindor. "Don't look to me, Ronna. His sheer awesomeness is already making me a little faint." She said playfully with exaggerated hand motions to the first year before turning her attention to the boy. Miranda matched Keith's glare with one of her own, though hers was more playful and whimsical. There was a hint of respect for her superior behind the big brown eyes of hers. "So tell me, child of sports star named Keith, what makes Quidditch such a great sport? How does it fare against, for example, muggle football? Because if truth be told, I have to say nothing could ever beat a good game of footy." She asked in a serious tone, raising an eyebrow. Miranda didn't quite understand the sport at all, though arguably reading about it was entirely different from actually seeing Quidditch live, which Miranda was actually quite looking forward to this year.

After overhearing the talk of guns, Miranda turned to face the other twin. "You've never seen a gun before? They're like.. everywhere!" She said to him, bemused. But then Miranda remembered that not everyone at Hogwarts was a muggle like her - some people were probably born into this other world, they were more used to magic. Muggle technology fascinated them as much as magic fascinated her, it only made sense that 'Muggle Studies' would be a subject in a school where magic was the main focus. The girl took note of that for future reference - if she needed a grade booster, that would probably be the best class for her to take. "Have you ever been... you know, outside of this world? In the cities where we- muggles, you call them - live?"

˙ʇsǝ sɐʇsǝʇod ɐıʇuǝıɔs ɐsdı ʇǝ ɯɐ

PostPosted: Fri Aug 02, 2013 2:31 am
User Image
~Yvette Tarot~

Gryffindor/Third Year/Single/Pureblood/Wearing

User ImageUser ImageUser Image

With: Tevye

User Image

Yvette laughed a little at Tevye's sudden excitement about the broomstick. "Um, it's a Cleansweep 11 I think. My father said that's the same brand he used when he was a Gryffindor Chaser, though he had the 7 model. I don't know how much it cost.. And no, I don't think he would let you ride it.. He's rather possessive of it." She smiled a bit apologetically. "What sort of broom do you use? You play Quidditch, don't you?"

User Image

Xistund

x-Phoenix Phyre-x

Obsessive Bibliophile

9,800 Points
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Millionaire 200

Essy ze Ninja
Vice Captain

Partying Phantom

10,275 Points
  • Dramatic Shipping 25
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Tipsy 100
PostPosted: Fri Aug 02, 2013 8:49 am
Storming through the party like my name was El Niño
When I'm hangin' out drinking in the back of an El Camino
As a kid, was a skid and no one knew me by name.
I trashed my own house party ‘cause nobody came.
Cause we like having fun at other peoples expense and,
Cutting people down is just a minor offence then,
It's none of your concern, I guess I'll never learn.
I'm sick of being told to wait my turn.
𝕮hristian 𝕭arrett

User Image

𝕮rash
𝕾econd 𝔜ear 𝔊ryffindor

He was late, but, seriously, he hadn’t expected to have gotten lost so easily after having an entire year of adventures (mostly due to misdirection and poor judgment.) In any case, after spending way too much time trying to find the damn restrooms (and ended up just going outside anyway…)

He finally made it to the Great Hall with a bit of a sigh of relief. Most of the sorting was through with, good, that meant more time for food. He hustled to the table, for once, without his skateboard in tow. He knew he’d just get in trouble with it anyway, at least now, it couldn’t be confiscated. He’d have no hope of ever being able to find another one to buy while trapped in Hogwarts. He joined the table of red and gold that was already in full swing. Chocolate eyes flicked around as he chewed on some sugar quills he’d knicked off the trolley cart when nobody was looking, and that’s when he spotted Ronna, from the train station.
”Hey, you made it to Gryffindor, congratulations.”

╔════▄▀▄▀▄▄▀▄▀▄══════════════╗
Height: 5ft 4in Weight: 125lbs Age: 12
Great Hall
Gryffindor Table
Gryffindor Pride
╚══════════════▄▀▄▀▄▄▀▄▀▄════╝

User Image User Image  
Great Hall

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 95 96 97 98 99 100 ... 190 191 192 193 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games