Welcome to Gaia! ::

Absolute Furry the Guild

Back to Guilds

Gaia's Oldest Furry Guild 

Tags: Furry, Furries, Anthro, Anthropomorphic, Roleplay 

Reply Adult Furries Guild
The AFG Official Monthly Collectible's Thread! Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 95 96 97 98 99 100 ... 108 109 110 111 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Garek Maxwell

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2009 3:17 pm
Designing and actually creating the artwork in each pixel item is -very- difficult. It takes hours upon hours of work. At least, it did when I tried to do it before.... (not for gaia) You also have to be aware of layering, previous colors used to make it blend semi-well with the previous works and items so as not to have 50 different kinds of black. (It's noticeable on their earlier older items. There is no consistency with black until more recently, and they still vary somewhat now and then.)

Now ideas...those are tricky things. The problem is that I don't know who comes up with them. If it's the artists, then they should have a large image bank to work with...either in their head or in books they own or on their computer. They can be quite original.
However, they're probably not free to do whatever they want. There's usually a big master plan of some kind, something that says "this is a really good item idea, but lets keep this for later." Or some such thing. I'm sure they don't just come up with these ideas the moment the week before. (I would hope not anyway, though that would explain a lot...) Interestingly, a part of that does have to do with money. The more expensive items are always going to be the best/most desirable. The good ideas are always used to best profit. It's a free site, but money is always at the heart of it. This isn't just for the fun of things anymore now that they have sponsors and bills to pay.

So. Yeah, I agree the stuff is very similar to older things and it's kind of a cheap a** thing to do... But it's likely been planned this way. ...Oh, and this is excluding copyright issues. They can only get away with so much. If they released a hat that was all black with two big black circles on either side, you can easily bet Disney would sue them so fast the site would be shut down in an hour.  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2009 3:37 pm
I think part of the problem is that they've been focusing so much on the damn Cash Shop. It's driven the quality of MCs waaaay down, IMO.  

Sunegami

Playful Nerd

22,040 Points
  • Pizza Party Attendee 500
  • 1000 High Score 100
  • OTP 200

Manda_Tifa

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2009 1:59 am
Sunegami
I think part of the problem is that they've been focusing so much on the damn Cash Shop. It's driven the quality of MCs waaaay down, IMO.
Agreed. I think it might be fun to throw an EI into the MCs once in a while, but that might just be asking too much.....

The EIs are just too expensive to jump on on a regular basis. I was perusing some of the old ones earlier, and it's kind of crazy how much they cost.... sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2009 11:39 am

I actually kind of like the new armor set, buy, yeah, I rolled my eyes a bit when I saw the recolored pixie.

Artemis Vulpes

Garek Maxwell

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2009 1:20 pm
Manda_Tifa
Agreed. I think it might be fun to throw an EI into the MCs once in a while, but that might just be asking too much.....

The EIs are just too expensive to jump on on a regular basis. I was perusing some of the old ones earlier, and it's kind of crazy how much they cost.... sweatdrop

The snake egg and tentacle monster from a flask thing are pretty cheap now. The ordinae is also pretty cheap. The dionasil evolving item was cheap until the final gen finished, then it went up a few thousand. Just got to keep an eye on prices. They will drop pretty quickly if it's a "thought to be a great one but turns out crappy" item. There's plenty to work with on the snake one at least, so I don't see what's so bad about it. neutral

Artemis Vulpes

I actually kind of like the new armor set, buy, yeah, I rolled my eyes a bit when I saw the recolored pixie.

I liked the armor too, but I had no use for it since you'd need more than one to have the full armor. I also have little that would go with it to make it prettier.  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2009 5:53 pm
My problem is that all the ones I like are, in fact, awesome. Like the Urn. X3 I lucked out and was gifted with Inari's Beads and Yama no Tamago, otherwise I'd have no EIs at all.  

Sunegami

Playful Nerd

22,040 Points
  • Pizza Party Attendee 500
  • 1000 High Score 100
  • OTP 200

Rastiel

5,050 Points
  • Contributor 150
  • Hygienic 200
  • Profitable 100
PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2009 6:31 pm
NOW I remember why I didn't like the Dragon Armor.

It just SCREAMS Yu-gi-oh.  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2009 6:51 pm
CoffeeFox
NOW I remember why I didn't like the Dragon Armor.

It just SCREAMS Yu-gi-oh.

I thought the same thing.

Artemis Vulpes

Artemis Vulpes

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2009 1:08 pm
Okay...

I have not sold any MC's in a very long time and thought I would take to see how my stock pile was appreciating. To my shock I come to find that the market price for MC's has taken a bit of a dive.

Do people just not care about them as much anymore? Has massive influx of items created too much competition?

To me this is just further sign I need to stop with my pack ratting ways on Gaia. Gold seems to be rather pointless unless you are just not wanting to spend the time/money to get the other items.

I used to collect items for the fact they were an investment, but now it seems all rather pointless. This place is just becoming a money sink.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2009 1:47 pm
Artemis Vulpes
Okay...

I have not sold any MC's in a very long time and thought I would take to see how my stock pile was appreciating. To my shock I come to find that the market price for MC's has taken a bit of a dive.

Do people just not care about them as much anymore? Has massive influx of items created too much competition?

To me this is just further sign I need to stop with my pack ratting ways on Gaia. Gold seems to be rather pointless unless you are just not wanting to spend the time/money to get the other items.

I used to collect items for the fact they were an investment, but now it seems all rather pointless. This place is just becoming a money sink.

Now it's the EI's that are really expensive. I was looking up the Picolitrosso's urn and even the last generation was 280k.  

Rainey_angel81

Krissim Klaw

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2009 6:17 pm
Artemis Vulpes
Okay...

Do not invest in MC's they are the worst bang for your buck. Best items to invest in long term are evo items. When they first come out buy 1st gen. Now here is the important part. When they reach the end of their evo sell. For popular ones (don't bother with ones you can tell are flops) wait a week or two till the excitement of them just reaching the end to die down, than buy the cheapest off the marketplace (doesn't matter what gen) with the gold you got for selling off your 1st gens. By doing it this way you can end up with 2-3 times the amount of items for the same amount of cash. Best part is within a month or two, all gens will be worth approximately the same.

For short term investments your best bet is the random item boxes. You have to do it carefully, don't invest unless the box is popular and a good price. For instance the Fortune egg was 99cents and after only a few weeks leaving the cash shop can be sold for 80k. Thus you earned 80k for every 99cents spent.

Often It is cheaper with fortune boxes to buy them, then turn around and sell them right away and use the gold to buy other cash shop items you like that way. For instance when the fortune egg was still in the cash shop you could get about 30k for one thus 30k for 99cents. Buy 5 of them and you could get 150k turn around and buy a fallen wish of the marketplace. Thus it would cost you half the the cash it would have cost you buying it straight from the cash shop. 3nodding

Edit- Suddenly I am feeling pathetic for being so in tune with investing. Tis what a poor addicted Gaian has to do to have any hopes of keeping up with item releases I suppose. crying  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2009 8:00 pm
Just not sure I have the heart to do any sort of investing into Gaia with the cash cost being so high to keep up with things. One of the reason I started cleaning out my inventory on Diana. Just so disappointed how much prices have dropped on the letters I have been storing. Feels like so much past effort wasted.  

Artemis Vulpes

Krissim Klaw

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2009 8:12 pm
Artemis Vulpes
Just not sure I have the heart to do any sort of investing into Gaia with the cash cost being so high to keep up with things. One of the reason I started cleaning out my inventory on Diana. Just so disappointed how much prices have dropped on the letters I have been storing. Feels like so much past effort wasted.
Well the wonderful thing with you *pats your hefty invo* Is at this point you could probably dump/sell off excess low level letters and such and hoard/invest using strictly gold. I'm curious though is there something particular you were saving up for?  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2009 8:22 pm
Krissim Klaw
Well the wonderful thing with you *pats your hefty invo* Is at this point you could probably dump/sell off excess low level letters and such and hoard/invest using strictly gold. I'm curious though is there something particular you were saving up for?

Just to help people with quests. whee

Artemis Vulpes

Krissim Klaw

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2009 8:24 pm
Artemis Vulpes
Krissim Klaw

Just to help people with quests. whee
The Gift Fairy Foxy! You know your too nice for your own good right? X3  
Adult Furries Guild

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 95 96 97 98 99 100 ... 108 109 110 111 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games