Welcome to Gaia! ::

Absolute Furry the Guild

Back to Guilds

Gaia's Oldest Furry Guild 

Tags: Furry, Furries, Anthro, Anthropomorphic, Roleplay 

Reply Adult Furries Guild
AFG Sallies Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 971 972 973 974 975 976 ... 1043 1044 1045 1046 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Psycho Lee

Shameless Lunatic

7,000 Points
  • Sausage Fest 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Nudist Colony 200
PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2010 5:23 pm
Mmm yes, but some people are overly obsessed with anything Apple. I've seen apples crash or screw up or get infected, and even had an iPoop that first had a battery die, and then the hard drive failed.  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2010 5:30 pm
I have a "friend" who would probably screw his mac if he could.
Everyday I'm like, "HEY WE SHOULD DO THIS," "YOU SHOULD DOWNLOAD THIS" "CHECK THIS OUT".
And he's like, "I can't, I have a Mac".
And he still thinks it's the greatest thing ever.

He's going to ask for an iPad for his 16th birthday. If he gets one, I'm never speaking to him again, because he's a spoiled ******** brat child. :I

Atlaas

Davin_Nightwind

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2010 5:44 pm
Psycho Lee
Mmm yes, but some people are overly obsessed with anything Apple. I've seen apples crash or screw up or get infected, and even had an iPoop that first had a battery die, and then the hard drive failed.

Ok, I'll give you that one XD Some people are a little TOO obsessed with their Macs.

Granted, I have an iPod, and I honestly can't see myself with a different MP3 player.

But then, you have to admit...Some people are like that with their PCs, or hell, even their consoles. I see it everyday on the TF2 forums XD  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2010 7:07 pm
Davin_Nightwind
Psycho Lee
Man, a mac-only program in this day and age? The company must be run by SteveJobs Whores. AKA the idiots that think Macs are god's gift to computers, and being a computer geek I point and laugh at their stupidity.

You know what, dude? Macs are actually better at some things than what a PC is. Animating, Photoshop type stuff (After all, it was originally a Mac program. They ported it over to the PC), music, and stuff like that. Plus, they boot up about 5 times faster than what a PC will.

And no, I don't have a Mac, but I work with them at school. I'm a PC guy, myself, since that's where all the games are, but I still appreciate Macs. Good systems, they are.

Seconded. I admit I'm highly biased towards Apple (don't worry, I won't preach it from the rooftops-- unless you ask me to X3), but if you're in an artistic field, you really do need a Mac. Depending on your field, it's industry standard.  

Sunegami

Playful Nerd

22,040 Points
  • Pizza Party Attendee 500
  • 1000 High Score 100
  • OTP 200

Selene Aries

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2010 7:17 pm
The only thing that keeps me from buying an Apple PC is price compared to nearly all the other companies. Even if I did have one, it would still have Windows running on it. I am not a fan of Apple's OS.  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2010 7:33 pm
Selene Aries
The only thing that keeps me from buying an Apple PC is price compared to nearly all the other companies. Even if I did have one, it would still have Windows running on it. I am not a fan of Apple's OS.

True...If I get a Macbook, I already know that I'm going to install Bootcamp on it, so I can dual boot Windows XD  

Davin_Nightwind

Garek Maxwell

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2010 8:10 pm
I'm very much a PC user, so I'm going to say right now that I'm biased heavily on them.

That said, a Mac is just an overpriced and over-hyped PC. Anything a Mac can do a PC can do cheaper. However, I've heard they're getting cheaper so for a regular computer they're pretty much the same thing with nothing outstanding about them.

In addition, as a PC user I absolutely hate the interface and controls to the Macs. I have to use them in some classes and often times the way the controls are set up make it 25% slower about to just do anything. I think the biggest sins the Macs made are 1-button mice, two delete keys that do two entirely different things on the keyboard, and for some reason rather than encourage PC users to switch by making shortcuts and keyboards similar to what 90% of the world uses, they make them different for no good reason.

Everything else about them are just minor annoyances over certain things and in some cases the very inefficient interface that is touted to be "better" and even copied somewhat for who knows what reason by Microsoft's latest OS because it looks pretty. I want efficiency, not looks. I'll add in pretty stuff myself instead of being stuck with theirs because the manufacturers think that's what I want. (This goes for both Microsoft and Macintosh. I've yet to try Linux, though I bet it's better than both in that regard.)

I've yet to like Mac's, and they've done nothing but annoy me with their inefficiencies and pointless differences between them and PC's for the sake of looks.

Of course, this is ignoring the "mac maniacs", who aren't regular mac users but people who put it on a pedestal because it's fashionable. They annoy me the most, because they spread many myths about macs and someday it's going to blow up in their faces. (Particularly the myth that Macs are somehow immune to any sort of malware. No computer is. Someday that's going to bite them hard and they won't be claiming that again.)

Anyway, yeah, biased. I still don't understand why artists flock to them anyway. PC's can do the exact same thing. Bleh, I'll stop Mac hatin' now. xp  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2010 11:12 pm
I love my PC....'nuff said  

Rainey_angel81

Lunatyk5

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2010 3:58 am
I was thinking of buying a Mac... but that would require doing something about it and I can't be bothered... instead I'll just replace Windows Vista with something else...  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2010 4:02 am
Saying Macs are better for one thing is silly. I'm 100% sure a PC can do whatever you ask it to. Not to put down Macs, they're pretty neat an' innovative (NOT the iPad. That technology is a decade old.), but mostly just trendy.

I have a PC because, as someone said, that's where the games are.

Also for anyone looking to get an iPad, better reconsider.
http://i.gizmodo.com/5458382/8-things-that-suck-about-the-ipad  

Kaya is here

O.G. Fatcat

Psycho Lee

Shameless Lunatic

7,000 Points
  • Sausage Fest 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Nudist Colony 200
PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2010 9:55 am
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Do you have a Pad I can borrow?

The iPad is just a giant, overpriced iTouch full of fail and stupid.  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2010 6:28 pm
Gaia has a Grammy thread, and it only mentions Taylor Swift, Beyonce, and Kanye West, which of course were the three people involved in Kanye's interruption; Taylor had won the award and Kanye interrupted and said Beyonce should have won.

The real question is, why the ******** is those the only three singers they mention in the thread? Those three have to be the worst singers on the history of the planet. That's like asking who people think should win best rock group of all time, Nickleback, Coldplay, or Creed?

First off we shouldn't even be giving Kanye the time of day, let alone giving him ANY attention. IF we just ignore Kanye and pretend that ******** doesn't exist, maybe he'll go away. Maybe he'll be so depressed he'll throw himself in front of a New York subway train. And then we will be rid of the fail that is him. But as long as we give him attention that d**k will keep on coming back and being annoying and singing absolutely ******** shitty rap music.

and uh, Imma gonna let you finish....

oh yea, and Lady Gaga has horrible fashion sense, and mediocre music (although some of her tunes are a bit catchy), but she's not as awesome as most people say. So people need to shut up about her as well.  

Psycho Lee

Shameless Lunatic

7,000 Points
  • Sausage Fest 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Nudist Colony 200

Garek Maxwell

PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2010 12:19 am
Psycho Lee
oh yea, and Lady Gaga has horrible fashion sense,

Hey, that horrible fashion sense has made a school assignment of mine a lot easier. So don't knock her for that too much. I mean, it's not like anyone's wearing Elizabethan inspired clothes these days (they're so odd looking to begin with), but she managed to do that and top it!

...actually, come to think of it I think she may be one of the few people who's actually willing to wear some of those frightening clothing items you see in "high fashion" shows... I'm not sure if that's good or bad. I'm amused, so I go with good. razz  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2010 7:23 am
Garek Maxwell
it's not like anyone's wearing Elizabethan inspired clothes these days (unless they're a medieval re-creationist)

Fixed that for ya. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.  

Sunegami

Playful Nerd

22,040 Points
  • Pizza Party Attendee 500
  • 1000 High Score 100
  • OTP 200

Psycho Lee

Shameless Lunatic

7,000 Points
  • Sausage Fest 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Nudist Colony 200
PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2010 11:05 am
Or if they're into LARP or Renaissance festivals (recreations like Sune said) like I am. Well, I'm in to the recreation and festivals, not LARP. Depending on the LARP, the costumes can be a lot cheaper looking though, I've seen too many D&D, RPG fans who pretend they're in WoW or a fantasy game and they wear the cheapest a** costumes you can think of. But I did see some LARPers recreating midieval battles and their costumes were authentic.

But lady gaga just wears the craziest crap... stuff that sticks out at weird angles and doesn't look like it would fit in a doorway.  
Adult Furries Guild

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 971 972 973 974 975 976 ... 1043 1044 1045 1046 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games