Welcome to Gaia! ::

Absolute Furry the Guild

Back to Guilds

Gaia's Oldest Furry Guild 

Tags: Furry, Furries, Anthro, Anthropomorphic, Roleplay 

Reply Adult Furries Guild
AFG Sallies Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 974 975 976 977 978 979 ... 1043 1044 1045 1046 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Sonya Khatsworth

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2010 7:51 am

Whichever moron at Hewlett Packard who suggested making tiny DVD-drive-less laptops that require an external disc/key to access the recovery partition needs to be lynched.

Really don't see how it's so hard to just make a D2D Ghost utility boot option you can choose to activate and then mark as a startup device in the BIOS for the sake of convenience when they already go through so much trouble to hide the stupid partition in the first place... effin' 0x27 their paychecks, see how they like it.

*grumble grumble*

Edit: Also, the guy who made the USB flash key utility.
'Cause, y'know, I can totally run an non-DOS executable file in Windows when I'm trying to recover a system that doesn't even get that far anymore. stressed

EditEdit: Ah screwit, I'm putting in the store's own Windows and that'll be all. Just tried calling HP support, and even though I selected french from the machine's option, I just had to spend 50 minutes getting transfered between english people and finally to someone who spoke spanish (wtf?).

I wouldn't mind the english so much if these people didn't all have an accent so bad I couldn't understand anything they said. And after the 4th person, spelling out serial numbers in NATO phonetic alphabet gets old. >.O

Seriously, whiskey-tango-foxtrot is this crap? DX
Ugh, if I had to charge this lady in literal hours trying to find a solution for her laptop she'd be paying more than she did to buy the blasted thing. I'll just give her a discount on a license.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2010 9:14 am

All that went right over my head ._.;

Af Mas

Sonya Khatsworth

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2010 9:22 am

Af Mas
All that went right over my head ._.;

Now imagine how the old lady who brought me the computer would feel trying to solve all this on her own, and most of the folks here (including her) don't even speak english. sweatdrop

Anyways, just ranting about computer repair problems. I love/hate my job. XP

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2010 10:09 am

Sonya Khatsworth
Whichever moron at Hewlett Packard who suggested making tiny DVD-drive-less laptops that require an external disc/key to access the recovery partition needs to be lynched.

[...]

I just had to spend 50 minutes getting transfered between english people and finally to someone who spoke spanish (wtf?).

I wouldn't mind the english so much if these people didn't all have an accent so bad I couldn't understand anything they said. And after the 4th person, spelling out serial numbers in NATO phonetic alphabet gets old. >.O

I actually got an external drive converter thingy so I could have an external DVD drive for a laptop that doesn't have one (I thought they all had one like it was a requirement or something D: ). I don't think they cost much, but it's a bit of work getting the drive in there and stuff. You might have spent 50 minutes on that instead depending on how friendly it is. sweatdrop

Also, Spanish, French? Aren't they the same thing? You know, except "El take-o me to el town-o for el taco" is "Le take-o me to le town-o for le crows aunt". See? French! biggrin Us Yankees are such experts on these foreign things. 3nodding

(Though what's this NATO phonetic thing? Is it a computerized voice? >.> )

Garek Maxwell

Davin_Nightwind

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2010 10:31 am

Garek Maxwell

(Though what's this NATO phonetic thing? Is it a computerized voice? >.> )

It was developed by the military for use over radios. Since several letters sound similar, they came up with a phonetic alphabet, so instead of saying A, B, and C, they say Alpha, Bravo, Charlie, ect. It makes it much easier to understand over a radio, especially in a firefight.
PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2010 3:05 pm

Strange, I got a RIP Conan in the daily chance and it's not in my inventory. Now I can't sport that sexy flipped pompadour. sad

Psycho Lee

Shameless Lunatic

7,000 Points
  • Sausage Fest 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Nudist Colony 200

Sunegami

Playful Nerd

22,040 Points
  • Pizza Party Attendee 500
  • 1000 High Score 100
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2010 10:46 am

So yesterday I had a really bad case of the hiccups, and I think I may have sprained/strained my diaphragm. I didn't even know that was possible, but the entire right side of my ribcage and neck, and my right shoulder, are killing me, and I can only breathe slowly and shallowly, so I don't know what else it could be. Coughing sends stabbing pains through my chest (again, only the right side), as well; so does laughing too hard. Also, I could only sleep on my left side last night; laying on my right side, or my back, resulted in the same stabbing pain. <********> XP  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2010 10:48 am

Maybe you collapsed a lung o.o;; That sucks Sune, that really really does.

I think I caught a sinus infection, or a really bad cold, or the flu x.x I've got a mild fever, just shy of 100, and I took off from work at noon. I feel bleh. I probably could've gone the whole day if I had actually slept good last night, but I really don't think I can any sleep. I can't honestly say.

Af Mas

Sunegami

Playful Nerd

22,040 Points
  • 1000 High Score 100
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2010 11:14 am

Af Mas

I don't think so; nothing comes up when I cough, and my lung feels fine, albeit painful if I breathe too deeply. If I had collapsed a lung, I don't think I'd be able to breathe at all, and I'd probably be coughing up blood or something. It just feels like a muscle strain. Hopefully it'll resolve itself in the next few days if I take it easy.

Aww, I hope you get well soon, too.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2010 11:57 am

Sunegami
Af Mas

I don't think so; nothing comes up when I cough, and my lung feels fine, albeit painful if I breathe too deeply. If I had collapsed a lung, I don't think I'd be able to breathe at all, and I'd probably be coughing up blood or something. It just feels like a muscle strain. Hopefully it'll resolve itself in the next few days if I take it easy.

You're probably right, I just remember some of my coworkers at Target went to the hospital because of a collapsed lung. But, then again, they're both smokers. You don't strike me as a smoker, so I think you'll be fine. But I think if this doesn't get better soon you should get yourself checked out.

Af Mas

Sunegami

Playful Nerd

22,040 Points
  • 1000 High Score 100
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2010 1:44 pm

Af Mas
You're probably right, I just remember some of my coworkers at Target went to the hospital because of a collapsed lung. But, then again, they're both smokers. You don't strike me as a smoker, so I think you'll be fine. But I think if this doesn't get better soon you should get yourself checked out.

You're right, I've never smoked. But yea, don't worry; if it's still this bad by Friday, I'm definitely gettin' my a** to a doctor.

EDIT ('cause I didn't want to double-post): It's now almost 2p Thursday, and despite a little residual soreness, I'm fine. ♥

PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2010 11:32 am

My bunny's decided that a good idea is kicking her litter (recycled paper pulp) and hay everywhere. She emptied out half her very large litter box while I was outside the room. I AM QUITE UPSET > sad *frowns at Waffles)

Alektorphobia

Af Mas

PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2010 2:37 pm

I think something is wrong with my cat Willie. He's walking around pretty slowly and growling for no reason. I thought he hurt his foot but he seems to be walking fine on it. Apparently he threw up today, but he does that from time to time, so I dunno what's up.
PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2010 2:47 pm

Af Mas
I think something is wrong with my cat Willie. He's walking around pretty slowly and growling for no reason. I thought he hurt his foot but he seems to be walking fine on it. Apparently he threw up today, but he does that from time to time, so I dunno what's up.

that sounds like what happened to my cat Doormat...he had a tumor in his stomach that ruptured and he walked like he was in pain and growled at everyone and everything. The only way we knew something was up was that his stomach felt firm and jelly-like

Rainey_angel81

Atlaas

PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2010 2:53 pm

My cat is sick too.
I think she was just having stomach troubles, but she was up a lot last night puking.
And I was up late with her cleaning up after her/making sure she was okay.

Which sucked because I had to wake up at six this morning for work. gonk
Adult Furries Guild

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 974 975 976 977 978 979 ... 1043 1044 1045 1046 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games