Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry Roleplay Guild

Back to Guilds

A school of magic, based on J.K. Rowling's books. In need of Professors and Students! Join Now for the February - May year! 

Tags: Harry Potter, Hogwarts, Hogsmeade, J.K. Rowling, Roleplay 

Reply Great Hall
The Sorting Hat ~ CLOSED 2062-63 Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 96 97 98 99 100 101 ... 180 181 182 183 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

a porg
Vice Captain

Anxious Astronomer

PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2014 12:00 pm
User Image
The Sorting Hat
User Image

Saphira Nesya
User Image

[[eleven]][[pureblood]][[unsorted]]

Artemis took in the grandiose hall and the multitude of students. Here it was, Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry. Many powerful witches and wizards had graced this hall before her; and many of her own family as well. The magnitude of this moment was not lost on her. Here, her fate would be decided. Though Artemis felt she knew where she belonged, there isn't ever a way to truly control the sorting, and though she had heard stories of the hat asking the wizard, she never truly believed that happened. Instead, she was about to submit herself to the control of a magical object to decide just what kind of witch she would be. If there was anything the young Winderford hated, it was feeling out of control.

As her name was called, she took a deep breath, and steeled herself against her rising anxiety. Sitting on the stool, she held her breath as the hat was placed on her head.

Quote:
People say that, in a nutshell, I'm
Ambitious, calculating, and bitter

It stands to reason that people want what is best for them. However some desire it no matter the cost of hurting someone else. Artemis Winderford is the girl who would step on anyone to achieve her goals. Her parents have bulldozed over many young witches and wizards in their time in order to maintain and achieve a higher status with those who’s praise they desired, and Artemis is cut from the same cloth. She is the perfect companion to those in power, as long as power, and love, is promised in return. She desperately desires to feel part of a cause. She wants what she wants, and most of the time, knows exactly what means she needs to use in order to achieve her ends

A true snake, Artemis's bravery is limited, but her conniving mind is unmatched. A true snake knows when and how to deliver their limited strike to cause the most damage, they do not strike willy nilly at anything that moves. Her parents taught her this well. She quickly understands most situations and can twist most of them to her advantage. If you are useful to her, you have her attention, perhaps, even, her respect.

Because of her size and gender, she is often underestimated. Of course, there are many powerful witches, but, make no mistake, in her household and in much of the pureblood world, it’s the wizards that hold the power. Her charm helps her mask it, but she fights to be taken into account, to be praised and to be acknowledged as something other than a "helpmate". Often her anger towards this situation is channeled into rash action.

The Professor set the hat down carefully on the student's head. The hat hardly touched the student's head before speaking...
Slytherin

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2014 11:49 am
User Image

UNSORTEDFIRSTYEAR

Radha stepped up to the Hat. She wasn't too sure where she was going to go. She honestly didn't mind. She wasn't going to let some silly thing like a house define her.

Radha
              PERSONALITY TYPE: ESFP
              EXPLANATION: Radha is an only child who has been doted upon by her parents since her birth. They've done everything for her, but as she's gotten older, she's developed a craving to be more independent. She's courageous and a bit stubborn. More like a lot stubborn. Radha would much rather prefer to be outside being active than inside reading a book or some other activity that she would deem to be boring. Her manners are not the best and she can be a bit impulsive to the point where she will dig herself in far too deep. She'll even rush into situations without fully considering everything at stake.

a porg
Vice Captain

Anxious Astronomer

a porg
Vice Captain

Anxious Astronomer

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2014 11:52 am
User Image
UNSORTEDFIRSTYEAR

Cecilia walked up to the hat and tried to avoid the her mother's watch. She didn't need the whole school knowing that her mother was a professor here, although certainly some of them had already made the connection.

Cecilia
              PERSONALITY TYPE: ENFP
              EXPLANATION: Cecilia is an outgoing person who loves to be around people. She prefers living in the moment and never seems to be too concerned about the past. Cecilia is the type of person who sees life as a big, complicated puzzle where everything fits together somehow. She's always looking to bring a bigger meaning to that puzzle.

She is also quite independent which causes quite a few problems since she doesn't ever seem to like listening to the rules. At times, she turns this rebellion into creativity, deciding to make music. If Cecilia is bored, it is best to keep an eye on her as she can start to feel burned out from not being able to create anything.

She is also quite curious, which is something that at times can get her into trouble. She doesn't let rules get in the way of her discoveries. However, Cecilia often finds it difficult to focus on one thing. Part of this is because she tends to overthink and part of this is because she stresses herself out easily.

As far as working with other people, Cecilia is someone who sticks to what she thinks is right or wrong. She doesn't like to think too much on her decisions and as a result people often think that she only thinks of herself when making choices. She's not afraid of breaking rules if she has to and she's not afraid of consequences either.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2014 1:32 pm
User Image
The Sorting Hat
User Image

Violet the Maestro
User Image

UNSORTEDFIRSTYEAR

Radha stepped up to the Hat. She wasn't too sure where she was going to go. She honestly didn't mind. She wasn't going to let some silly thing like a house define her.

Radha
              PERSONALITY TYPE: ESFP
              EXPLANATION: Radha is an only child who has been doted upon by her parents since her birth. They've done everything for her, but as she's gotten older, she's developed a craving to be more independent. She's courageous and a bit stubborn. More like a lot stubborn. Radha would much rather prefer to be outside being active than inside reading a book or some other activity that she would deem to be boring. Her manners are not the best and she can be a bit impulsive to the point where she will dig herself in far too deep. She'll even rush into situations without fully considering everything at stake.

The Professor set the hat down carefully on the student's head. For a moment the hat was silent before speaking....
Independent and stubborn, eh?
You crave action and have an impulsive side,
I believe you fit best here...

Gryffindor!

Diamond Wales

Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100

Diamond Wales

Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2014 1:39 pm
User Image
The Sorting Hat
User Image

Violet the Maestro
User Image
UNSORTEDFIRSTYEAR

Cecilia walked up to the hat and tried to avoid the her mother's watch. She didn't need the whole school knowing that her mother was a professor here, although certainly some of them had already made the connection.

Cecilia
              PERSONALITY TYPE: ENFP
              EXPLANATION: Cecilia is an outgoing person who loves to be around people. She prefers living in the moment and never seems to be too concerned about the past. Cecilia is the type of person who sees life as a big, complicated puzzle where everything fits together somehow. She's always looking to bring a bigger meaning to that puzzle.

She is also quite independent which causes quite a few problems since she doesn't ever seem to like listening to the rules. At times, she turns this rebellion into creativity, deciding to make music. If Cecilia is bored, it is best to keep an eye on her as she can start to feel burned out from not being able to create anything.

She is also quite curious, which is something that at times can get her into trouble. She doesn't let rules get in the way of her discoveries. However, Cecilia often finds it difficult to focus on one thing. Part of this is because she tends to overthink and part of this is because she stresses herself out easily.

As far as working with other people, Cecilia is someone who sticks to what she thinks is right or wrong. She doesn't like to think too much on her decisions and as a result people often think that she only thinks of herself when making choices. She's not afraid of breaking rules if she has to and she's not afraid of consequences either.

The Professor set the hat down carefully on the student's head. For a moment the hat was silent before speaking....
Another independent sort,
With an outgoing personality and a curious nature,
I believe your sense of right and wrong will do well here...

Gryffindor!

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2014 5:35 pm
Amelia Lynn Bradbury
════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════
Unsorted ♔ First Year ♚ Pure Blood ๏ Single ♚ Amy ♔ 4' 3"
════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════

xxxxxAmy nervously stepped through the doors into the hall, lost among the other first years. She could barely see through the crowd as they pushed and shoved, all seemingly anxious as they paraded down the center of the room. Amongst the bodies of the other students she could feel the eyes of the room following her movement.

xxxxxJust take a deep breath. This isn't scary, nothing bad os going to happen, she whispered to herself. You have looked forward to this for years.

xxxxxAmy stood a little taller, still unable to see past the wall of first years, even more so dwarfed by the professors and older students sitting along the corridor between the tables. She felt miniscule. Closing her eyes she slowed her thoughts and relaxed so she could see straight.

xxxxxDragons can sense fear, among with many animals both magical and muggle. The trick is to look past the fear and relocate all thoughts into a clear and serene place, she whispered the advice to herself. It is a sign of weakness, and in most packs the weakest link in naturally eliminated...you are not the weakest.

xxxxxFinally, her name was called. Slowly, from the back of the remaining first years she pressed through, feeling the eyes lock onto her. She took a breath as she turned around to face the hall, struggling to crawl up onto the top of the stool as she righted her clothes as she looked out at the sea of students as the hat flopped over her eyes.

xxxxxPlease, she pleaded silently only wanting to make her family proud. Please let this year be better than the muggle world.

People say that, in a nutshell, I'm rather quiet with a tendency to babble, when nervous, about my studies. I prefer to keep to myself, mostly because I find most people are too quick to jump rather than to think their plans through. I do have a temper when I am cornered with ignorance or hostility, though I do try my best not to do anything brash. I wish people would like me. I try to excel at everything I do, to an obsessive point and get frustrated when I fail. I am fiercely competitive, which makes me a pain as an opponent. I am incredibly observant and usually learn things about people they usually wish to keep hidden. When I make friends, I would be loyal and honest to a fault.

IvorianAngel

a porg
Vice Captain

Anxious Astronomer

PostPosted: Sat Nov 08, 2014 1:11 pm
User Image
The Sorting Hat
User Image

IvorianAngel
Amelia Lynn Bradbury
══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════
Unsorted ♔ First Year ♚ Pure Blood ๏ Single ♚ Amy ♔ 4' 3"
══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════

xxxxxAmy nervously stepped through the doors into the hall, lost among the other first years. She could barely see through the crowd as they pushed and shoved, all seemingly anxious as they paraded down the center of the room. Amongst the bodies of the other students she could feel the eyes of the room following her movement.

xxxxxJust take a deep breath. This isn't scary, nothing bad os going to happen, she whispered to herself. You have looked forward to this for years.

xxxxxAmy stood a little taller, still unable to see past the wall of first years, even more so dwarfed by the professors and older students sitting along the corridor between the tables. She felt miniscule. Closing her eyes she slowed her thoughts and relaxed so she could see straight.

xxxxxDragons can sense fear, among with many animals both magical and muggle. The trick is to look past the fear and relocate all thoughts into a clear and serene place, she whispered the advice to herself. It is a sign of weakness, and in most packs the weakest link in naturally eliminated...you are not the weakest.

xxxxxFinally, her name was called. Slowly, from the back of the remaining first years she pressed through, feeling the eyes lock onto her. She took a breath as she turned around to face the hall, struggling to crawl up onto the top of the stool as she righted her clothes as she looked out at the sea of students as the hat flopped over her eyes.

xxxxxPlease, she pleaded silently only wanting to make her family proud. Please let this year be better than the muggle world.

People say that, in a nutshell, I'm rather quiet with a tendency to babble, when nervous, about my studies. I prefer to keep to myself, mostly because I find most people are too quick to jump rather than to think their plans through. I do have a temper when I am cornered with ignorance or hostility, though I do try my best not to do anything brash. I wish people would like me. I try to excel at everything I do, to an obsessive point and get frustrated when I fail. I am fiercely competitive, which makes me a pain as an opponent. I am incredibly observant and usually learn things about people they usually wish to keep hidden. When I make friends, I would be loyal and honest to a fault.

An observer and a discoverer,
Not to mention a good mind as well.
I do believe you'll find your friends in...
Ravenclaw!

PostPosted: Sat Nov 08, 2014 1:13 pm
User Image
HUFFLEPUFF HEAD OF HOUSE || DEPUTY HEADMISTRESS || HERBOLOGY PROFESSOR

Pandora finished reading off the names on the list, and watched as the last girl that was sorted had the hat removed. "The Sorting is now closed. Congratulations to all of the new students, and good luck in your new houses," she said as she turned and took the Hat and stool away to be stored for the next year.

OOC: SORTING IS CLOSED

a porg
Vice Captain

Anxious Astronomer

a porg
Vice Captain

Anxious Astronomer

PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2015 5:38 pm
User Image
HUFFLEPUFF HEAD OF HOUSE || DEPUTY HEADMISTRESS || HERBOLOGY PROFESSOR

It was finally time. Pandora set the Hat on the stool and took out the scroll that listed all of the students' names. She started to call their names and place the Hat on their heads as they came up. The Sorting had begun.

OOC: SORTING IS OPEN~

PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2015 6:02 pm
Oh, my dear, where have you been?
So near, so far, so in-between...
What have you heard?
What have you seen?
Oh, tell us, are you big or small?
To try this one or try them all?
It's such a long, long way to fall...
How can you know this way not that?
You choose the door, you choose the path!
Perhaps you should be coming back-
Another day, another day!
And nothing is quite what it seems.

User Image
V I O L A N T E
F A Y E
L I L L A N T I N E

UnsortedFirst YearPurebloodAdopted

Vio didn't particularly enjoy the boat ride, because the lake scared her just a little, and she was relieved when she was back on land and soon after following the headmistress up to the school. She liked the fact that Hogwarts was an honest to goodness castle probably a tad too much. It made her feel important just to be attending. It seemed that they hardly had to wait at all in the antechamber, which was good, because she hated to wait. When they filed into the Great Hall she kept her head up proudly, and cast the occasional glance over to all four tables. She did have family in all four houses, after all. But she wasn't afraid, she reminded herself sharply. She wasn't even nervous. She was confident she'd do well in any house. When her name was called she glided up to the stool and the Hat as if it were merely a practice run and not the real thing.

People say that, in a nutshell, I'm the perfect little lady. Or close enough, anyways. I'm generally quiet and reserved, but I'm perfectly capable of making polite small talk. I've been told I'm very charismatic, and I'm good at giving out compliments and getting on someone's good side. I'm generally serious, but I do have a sense of humor that reveals itself on occasion. I tend to take the lead in most situations, usually because I have a lot of confidence in my decisions. I'm rarely indecisive or wishy washy about things. I can be impatient with other people and what I see as their failings, which I'm quick to point out to myself. I enjoy seeing through other people's lies, because it makes me feel better about my own insight. When I'm pushed to my limits I can be harsh and brusque with others and even cruel with the way I treat them. I can say very cutting things without thinking, and I tend to be even more irate if I end up regretting what I said. I don't like to sit around and let other people decide things for me, and though I try to appease everyone, at least initially, I'm going to do what's best for me. I can be really secretive, even unnecessarily so, and I've been known to tell little white lies just because I get a kick out of it or don't think the truth is required of me. I have a sentimental streak, and I have a habit of wanting to look out for those I see as weak or in need of help, specifically my help. I'm very respectful towards strangers but I can be too personal with my friends, bringing up things they'd rather not discuss because I'm sure I know best. I'm certain I know best. I try my best to be flexible- no one likes a stubborn idiot who won't budge from their views. Sometimes I can be too flexible, to the point where I don't take full responsibility for my choices or try to shift the blame to anything and anyone but myself. I rarely feel bad about myself and I can be downright snobby and cold in regard to people I dislike, especially behind their backs, because I don't like offending people to their face unless I've lost my temper.

OOC:
Username

Oh, how will you find your way?
No time for tears today!
So many doors, how did you choose?
So much to gain, so much to lose...
So many things got in your way...
No time today, no time today!
Be careful not to lose your head;
Remember what the Dormouse said!
Did someone pull you by the hand?
How many miles to Wonderland?
Please tell us so we'll understand....

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • Blazing Power of Friendship Wave 200
  • The Wolf Within 100

a porg
Vice Captain

Anxious Astronomer

PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2015 6:11 pm
User Image
The Sorting Hat
User Image

The Forgotten Weasley
Oh, my dear, where have you been?
So near, so far, so in-between...
What have you heard?
What have you seen?
Oh, tell us, are you big or small?
To try this one or try them all?
It's such a long, long way to fall...
How can you know this way not that?
You choose the door, you choose the path!
Perhaps you should be coming back-
Another day, another day!
And nothing is quite what it seems.

User Image
V I O L A N T E
F A Y E
L I L L A N T I N E

UnsortedFirst YearPurebloodAdopted

Vio didn't particularly enjoy the boat ride, because the lake scared her just a little, and she was relieved when she was back on land and soon after following the headmistress up to the school. She liked the fact that Hogwarts was an honest to goodness castle probably a tad too much. It made her feel important just to be attending. It seemed that they hardly had to wait at all in the antechamber, which was good, because she hated to wait. When they filed into the Great Hall she kept her head up proudly, and cast the occasional glance over to all four tables. She did have family in all four houses, after all. But she wasn't afraid, she reminded herself sharply. She wasn't even nervous. She was confident she'd do well in any house. When her name was called she glided up to the stool and the Hat as if it were merely a practice run and not the real thing.

People say that, in a nutshell, I'm the perfect little lady. Or close enough, anyways. I'm generally quiet and reserved, but I'm perfectly capable of making polite small talk. I've been told I'm very charismatic, and I'm good at giving out compliments and getting on someone's good side. I'm generally serious, but I do have a sense of humor that reveals itself on occasion. I tend to take the lead in most situations, usually because I have a lot of confidence in my decisions. I'm rarely indecisive or wishy washy about things. I can be impatient with other people and what I see as their failings, which I'm quick to point out to myself. I enjoy seeing through other people's lies, because it makes me feel better about my own insight. When I'm pushed to my limits I can be harsh and brusque with others and even cruel with the way I treat them. I can say very cutting things without thinking, and I tend to be even more irate if I end up regretting what I said. I don't like to sit around and let other people decide things for me, and though I try to appease everyone, at least initially, I'm going to do what's best for me. I can be really secretive, even unnecessarily so, and I've been known to tell little white lies just because I get a kick out of it or don't think the truth is required of me. I have a sentimental streak, and I have a habit of wanting to look out for those I see as weak or in need of help, specifically my help. I'm very respectful towards strangers but I can be too personal with my friends, bringing up things they'd rather not discuss because I'm sure I know best. I'm certain I know best. I try my best to be flexible- no one likes a stubborn idiot who won't budge from their views. Sometimes I can be too flexible, to the point where I don't take full responsibility for my choices or try to shift the blame to anything and anyone but myself. I rarely feel bad about myself and I can be downright snobby and cold in regard to people I dislike, especially behind their backs, because I don't like offending people to their face unless I've lost my temper.

OOC:
Username

Oh, how will you find your way?
No time for tears today!
So many doors, how did you choose?
So much to gain, so much to lose...
So many things got in your way...
No time today, no time today!
Be careful not to lose your head;
Remember what the Dormouse said!
Did someone pull you by the hand?
How many miles to Wonderland?
Please tell us so we'll understand....

Quite the little lady aren't we,
With one face smiling and the other twisted?
Yet you still wish to help others,
But wish not to deal with the consequences when things go bad.
I think you'll do quite well in....
Slytherin!

PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2015 6:14 pm
There's a black bird in the cage of my ribs,
I can hear his song all night long.
And when he sings, the air, it shatters...
Like a thousand shards of glass.
And I will open my body!
But I know he will not fly free!
Sorrow, she comes a courtin',
With her pale hands held in mine.
And I will lay there by her side...

User Image
α и т ı g ø и e
¢ α š š ı ø ρ e ı α
ł ı ł ł α и т ı и e

υиšøятeđfıяšт чeαяρυяeвłøøđše¢øиđ вøяи

Anti had to wonder if it were possible to go numb with terror. Rather than being shaky or jittery, she didn't feel much of anything, as if all her limbs had fallen asleep. No, it wasn't the lake supposedly full of man-eating merpeople (if Vander was to be believed) or the boats that cut through the water all on their own or the eerie march uphill to the castle that scared her. It was the raggedy old hat on a stool at the head of the brightly lit hall. She'd drifted away from Violante in the crowd after the boat ride, and hadn't spoken to anyone else either. She'd been going numb, after all. Her tongue felt thick and heavy in her mouth and her throat was so dry it hurt to swallow. Her stomach couldn't sink any lower. If she were reasonable, she shouldn't be afraid. She was a Lillantine and like all Lillantines there was only one place she could go. Still, she'd learned that if there was anything she was good at it was disappointing. She had to stare straight ahead as she came into the Great Hall, she had to. If she looked around she'd look at the Slytherin Table and see her brother staring back at her with the same unnerving gaze. You have to get this right, she chanted to herself. This is your moment to prove your worth. When her name was called she closed her eyes for a moment before they flicked back open heavily and she walked up to the Hat, her expression entirely blank but her eyes wide and shining in the candle light.

People say that, in a nutshell, I'm gloomy. I never seem very happy, or really anything at all. I usually have a blank face, and I tend to expect the worst. I'm not really a full-blown cynic, but I'm certainly pessimistic, with a dreary outlook on life. I'm a pretty passive person who's used to being ignored or bullied, usually by my family. I used to try to seek attention, especially my mother's, by crying and whining a lot when I was little. All that ever did was get me in trouble, and now that I'm older I've been told I need to start acting like it, so I've basically given up on it. I still crave attention though, and I can cry on command if the situation calls for it. I'd rather have pity than apathy any day. I'm the smartest of my siblings, but my intelligence is usually unnoticed or dismissed because I'm the middle child, and the girl of the family. I live inside my head a lot because of this, and I rarely share my thoughts and opinions with anyone but myself. This makes me seem very distant, and I'm always being told I need to be more outgoing, more charming. I don't really know how to do that. I hate being pushed around and patronized, so I try to leave other people alone in the hopes that they'll do the same for me. I'm usually shy around people I don't know, but I slowly open up as I get to know them. I don't feel like I'm in control of my life, but at least I'm in control of my head. I can be extremely sarcastic, usually when I feel threatened or vindictive, and when I'm riled I'm not above shoving my quicker wit in people's faces. I'm used to being told what to do, but I'm also used to doing it as slowly and reluctantly as possible. I'd usually rather let other people walk over me than get into a fight about it. It's just easier. I'm much more of a follower than a leader. I get uneasy about breaking rules or traditions, and I'm doubly uneasy about doing something that goes against my siblings or parents. I may not like them, but I do feel loyal to them.

OOC:

All night long and we will walk.
Through this garden of serpent trees!
And I will yet dream through this night...
Filled with falling stars.
There's a bright bird in the seat of my skull,
And when he sings, he brings the dawn to me.
When he sings, the air, it shimmers!
Like a thousand tongues of fire!
And I will draw him close and I pray he will not fly away.

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • Blazing Power of Friendship Wave 200
  • The Wolf Within 100

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Loving Fortune Seeker 250
  • WilyTrickster 50
PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2015 6:19 pm
User Image

c υ r r e n т l y
                                                          ╔═══════════════════════════════╗
                                                          ṡïṉģlε
                                                          Looking Unruly in the Great Hall with The Sorting Hat
                                                          xxxғeelιngxxx
                                                          Bewildered
                                                          xxxтнιnĸιngxxx
                                                          ❝ It's a ratty old hat? Seriously? ❞
                                                          ╚═══════════════════════════════╝

ḋø ÿøυ εṿεɾ ώαṉṉα сατсh ṃε? ✫ ✫ ✫xxx
                                                          ɾïģhτ ṉøώ ï'ṃ ƒεεlïṉģ ïģṉøɾεḋ ✫ ✫ ✫xxxxxx
                                                          ṡø сαṉ ÿøυ τɾÿ α lïττlε hαɾḋεɾ? ✫ ✫ ✫xxxxxxxxx
                                                          ï'ṃ ɾεαllÿ ģεττïṉģ вøɾεḋ ✫ ✫ ✫xxxxxxxxxxxx
                                                          ═════════════════════════════════════════════════╗

spaceIvy was still snickering ever so slightly at the antics of some aquatic visitor at the boathouse. She knew that a lot of her fellow first years seemed nervous, but she wasn't really sure why. She guessed what house you were in was somehow a big deal? The redhead just hoped that she wasn't in that one house, the Raven one. It was the one her Mum had wanted to be in, and the one Joel's dorky cousin had been in, which told her pretty much all she thought she needed to know about it. Namely, that it wasn't the house for her. The child didn't have long to way, her last name starting with a 'B,' so she didn't really get to see that many students go before her. When she heard her own name called, she approached the Deputy Headmistress and her stool with a curious expression. Catching sight of the hat, it grew confused. The thing looked positively ancient! It had to be being held together by nothing more than a wish and a prayer! Or, well, magic, she supposed. But she could see that it vaguely seemed to have some sort of face on it, which was even stranger. When she sat and it was placed upon her head, she waited, more curious as to what this hat had to do with the sorting than which house she'd end up in. The voice that sounded in her ear made her eyes go wide, sucking in breath. It could ruddy talk?! That was seriously weird, but undeniably cool. And it chose your house for you? Insane. Truly. Magical people, she decided then, were all absolutely nutters.

╚═════════════════════════════════════════════════
                                                          xxx✫ ✫ ✫ сøṃε øṉ! ṡhøøτ ƒαṡτεɾ!
                                                          xxxxxx✫ ✫ ✫ јυṡτ α lïττlε вïτ øƒ εṉεɾģÿ
                                                          xxxxxxxxx✫ ✫ ✫ ï ώαṉṉα τɾÿ ṡøṃετhïṉģ ƒυṉ ɾïģhτ ṉøώ
                                                          xxxxxxxxxxxx✫ ✫ ✫ ï ģυεṡṡ ṡøṃε ρεøρlε сαll ïτ αṉαɾсhÿ

(( OOC: ))
                                                          Personality under first spoiler

■ BRASH Ivy has a tendency to act first and ask questions later. She doesn't believe in wasting time sitting around considering the consequences. She'd rather just go out and do it and deal with what happens. It tends to get her in a lot of trouble, but she'd rather get a detention or be grounded than regret not trying something. Especially when that something involves getting in a fist fight over some bully picking on someone smaller than them. Which happens a lot.
                                                          ■ CURIOUS She's filled with an insatiable curiosity. She loves to explore, to dig around and try to unearth something interesting. However, she doesn't care much for reading or research; she'd rather learn through either a hands-on demonstration, or, failing that, being told. She's far too impatient to read or study.
                                                          ■ HEADSTRONG Like her father, Ivy is stubborn as a mule; she doesn't back down, she doesn't give up, and it takes some serious evidence to change her mind about anything once she's formed an opinion. It can be something of a strength, when it comes to needing to stick to her guns. But, it also leads to a lot of problems when she insists on clinging to something or doing something just because she's declared it so.
                                                          ■ DAREDEVIL Ivy likes to be active, and she's something of an adrenaline junkie. She likes danger, even if it's the smallest hint of it. She's taken an interest in martial arts as a result, because there's something amazingly exciting about learning to fight. She'd never really try to hurt anyone (with the exception of bullies who make the mistake of angering her), but she enjoys the challenge of it. She also has a dream to go skydiving, bungee jumping, just about anything that even remotely implies she might die. Since learning about magic, she's determined that, just once, she wants to get up close and personal with a dragon.
                                                          ■ ATHLETIC As stated, Ivy enjoys martial arts; her athletics don't stop there. While in general she's not overly fond of participating in anything involving a ball, she does enjoy things that'll make her work up a sweat. Her favorites are martial arts, running, and gymnastics. Anyone who tells her than any of those things are not sports will grow to regret ever saying such to her face. And, while she doesn't usually play traditional sports, she does have an avid interest in them from a fan perspective, and is more than willing to kick a ball around with a friend.
                                                          ■ HONEST Because of how horribly the secret of her mother's magical family blew up in her family's face, Ivy despises lies. She thinks that there's never a real reason to lie, and that anyone doing so, even if they think it's for someone else's good, is really just being selfish or trying to avoid an uncomfortable truth. She personally tries to never lie, and feels physically ill if she realizes she has. She gets herself into trouble a lot because she always confesses to her misbehavior, and tends to take her friends down with her.

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2015 6:21 pm
User Image
                                                  This ain't a song for the broken-hearted
                                                  No silent prayer for the faith-departed
                                                  I ain't gonna be just a face in the crowd
                                                  You're gonna hear my voice
                                                  When I shout it out loud

User Image
                                                  ════════════════════════

MцgglєBоґи || Fїґ$т Уёaя || Цп₴оґтєd

════════════════════════

Joel looked around, certain that he was not going to enjoy this. Not by the fact that he didn't know what was going to happen, no, that Grayso had informed him about. Just by the fact that a hat was deciding where he should go. Rolling his eyes, he sat down on the stool when his name was called and waited. It wouldn't place himin somewhere he didn't belong, right?

■ ATHLETIC Joel is a very active individual, more apt to be out there and doing something. He is constantly playing sports as a result, and one of his favourites is football. He also as a result has a bit of a competitive streak, making him a bit cocky when it comes to sports.
                                                  ■ FRIENDLY Despite his cockiness, Joel happens to be a friendly individual. He's always willing to make friends, and has a ready smile on his face when he meets new people. His friendliness doesn't make him any less awkward than other people, however, he is willing to make the attempt to interact with people rather than avoid them.
                                                  ■ INTELLIGENT Contrary to the stereotypical dumb jock role, Joel is quite intelligent. While not nearly as intelligent as his cousin, he however is bright enough to ease through his lessons without too much difficulty. Thankfully he does not have his cousin's single-minded focus.
                                                  ■ ADVENTUROUS Joel is also adventurous. He has no problem with exploring things he has never been around, and will actively search out excitement in his life. This however can get him into trouble since he could run across things he isn't prepared to deal with.
                                                  ■ CONFIDENT He is also confident, without thankfully the problem of being conceited. He will admit when he has gone overboard and will admit his faults, however, what he is good at he knows and isn't afraid of his abilities.
                                                  ■ COURAGEOUS Perhaps because of it all, Joel is brave. He isn't afraid to take chances and step in the way if he needs to. He also believes that if he doesn't, then something worse might come around.

════════════════════════
                                                  Thinking: Let's see where I get put...
                                                  OOC:

Scrum

This is for the ones who stood their ground
                                                  For Tommy and Gina who never backed down
                                                  Tomorrow's getting harder make no mistake
                                                  Luck ain't even lucky
                                                  Got to make your own breaks

Diamond Wales

Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100

a porg
Vice Captain

Anxious Astronomer

PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2015 6:23 pm
User Image
The Sorting Hat
User Image

The Forgotten Weasley
There's a black bird in the cage of my ribs,
I can hear his song all night long.
And when he sings, the air, it shatters...
Like a thousand shards of glass.
And I will open my body!
But I know he will not fly free!
Sorrow, she comes a courtin',
With her pale hands held in mine.
And I will lay there by her side...

User Image
α и т ı g ø и e
¢ α š š ı ø ρ e ı α
ł ı ł ł α и т ı и e

υиšøятeđfıяšт чeαяρυяeвłøøđše¢øиđ вøяи

Anti had to wonder if it were possible to go numb with terror. Rather than being shaky or jittery, she didn't feel much of anything, as if all her limbs had fallen asleep. No, it wasn't the lake supposedly full of man-eating merpeople (if Vander was to be believed) or the boats that cut through the water all on their own or the eerie march uphill to the castle that scared her. It was the raggedy old hat on a stool at the head of the brightly lit hall. She'd drifted away from Violante in the crowd after the boat ride, and hadn't spoken to anyone else either. She'd been going numb, after all. Her tongue felt thick and heavy in her mouth and her throat was so dry it hurt to swallow. Her stomach couldn't sink any lower. If she were reasonable, she shouldn't be afraid. She was a Lillantine and like all Lillantines there was only one place she could go. Still, she'd learned that if there was anything she was good at it was disappointing. She had to stare straight ahead as she came into the Great Hall, she had to. If she looked around she'd look at the Slytherin Table and see her brother staring back at her with the same unnerving gaze. You have to get this right, she chanted to herself. This is your moment to prove your worth. When her name was called she closed her eyes for a moment before they flicked back open heavily and she walked up to the Hat, her expression entirely blank but her eyes wide and shining in the candle light.

People say that, in a nutshell, I'm gloomy. I never seem very happy, or really anything at all. I usually have a blank face, and I tend to expect the worst. I'm not really a full-blown cynic, but I'm certainly pessimistic, with a dreary outlook on life. I'm a pretty passive person who's used to being ignored or bullied, usually by my family. I used to try to seek attention, especially my mother's, by crying and whining a lot when I was little. All that ever did was get me in trouble, and now that I'm older I've been told I need to start acting like it, so I've basically given up on it. I still crave attention though, and I can cry on command if the situation calls for it. I'd rather have pity than apathy any day. I'm the smartest of my siblings, but my intelligence is usually unnoticed or dismissed because I'm the middle child, and the girl of the family. I live inside my head a lot because of this, and I rarely share my thoughts and opinions with anyone but myself. This makes me seem very distant, and I'm always being told I need to be more outgoing, more charming. I don't really know how to do that. I hate being pushed around and patronized, so I try to leave other people alone in the hopes that they'll do the same for me. I'm usually shy around people I don't know, but I slowly open up as I get to know them. I don't feel like I'm in control of my life, but at least I'm in control of my head. I can be extremely sarcastic, usually when I feel threatened or vindictive, and when I'm riled I'm not above shoving my quicker wit in people's faces. I'm used to being told what to do, but I'm also used to doing it as slowly and reluctantly as possible. I'd usually rather let other people walk over me than get into a fight about it. It's just easier. I'm much more of a follower than a leader. I get uneasy about breaking rules or traditions, and I'm doubly uneasy about doing something that goes against my siblings or parents. I may not like them, but I do feel loyal to them.

OOC:

All night long and we will walk.
Through this garden of serpent trees!
And I will yet dream through this night...
Filled with falling stars.
There's a bright bird in the seat of my skull,
And when he sings, he brings the dawn to me.
When he sings, the air, it shimmers!
Like a thousand tongues of fire!
And I will draw him close and I pray he will not fly away.

I sense great intelligence within you,
Why let it hide?
You'll find an ear or two in...
Ravenclaw!

Great Hall

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 96 97 98 99 100 101 ... 180 181 182 183 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games