Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry Roleplay Guild

Back to Guilds

A school of magic, based on J.K. Rowling's books. In need of Professors and Students! Join Now for the February - May year! 

Tags: Harry Potter, Hogwarts, Hogsmeade, J.K. Rowling, Roleplay 

Reply Great Hall
Slytherin Table Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 96 97 98 99 100 101 ... 177 178 179 180 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Digital Static

PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2013 6:07 pm
User Image

Amory Goodwin

User Image

First Year ~~~~ Slytherin House ~~~~~ Eleven Years Old ~~~~Slytherin Table

User Image

Mory looked over at the boy joking with the two he called "love birds." She smirked slightly at his remarks. "Remember, that goes both ways. You have to live with them for the next seven years too." She pointed out plainly, knowing that he wasn't a dummy. "Although I'm not sure exactly what it is you're threatening them with." She then added with a shrug, glancing around at the rest of the table again for a moment.

It would seem that one of the older Slytherin students had taken a seat next to the girl she was seated next to and was talking with her. Come to think of it, the expression on the girl's face was rather unusual for one just sorted into the great house of Slytherin. She decided to let that one play out and discover the reason later as she returned her attention to the other three first years. Mory could not assess some of her new classmate's personalities now that she knew who they were. Shouldn't take too long she imagined.

User Image

PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2013 6:13 pm
I settled down a twisted up frown
Disguised as a
smile, well

You would have never known
I had it all
But, not what I wanted
'cause hope for me was a place uncharted and overgrown

𝕯ominic 𝕸ontague
𝔖𝔩𝔶𝔱𝔥𝔢𝔯i𝔫 𝔓𝔲𝔯𝔢𝔟𝔩𝔬𝔬𝔡
Fifth Year, 𝔅eater
User Image

He laughed, long and hard and barely able to roll his eyes at her, her incredulous words, big daring dreams, and bold intuition. He laughed; it felt like it’d been so long since he last had. Eyes like sparkling waters danced under the moon, he loved moments like these, so simple, so serene. The chatter echoed noiselessly in the background, somewhere between the clink of goblets and the chipping wood under dented fingernails. For all that mattered, nothing mattered, not really—not when he had her. Even with her frown (which he couldn’t help but question in pursuit,) it hadn’t fazed him. He wouldn’t let it.

He could feel her hum vibrating through his flesh, permeating his existence with her own as she nuzzled in close. He shifted his guitar to one side and enveloped her in his arm on the other. For a moment, she seemed lost in a distant world, and he blinked. With a tilted head, he craned his neck to try and catch a glimpse of that misty eyed look in her face, just the thought of it made him smile to no end. Gods, how could one person have such an effect on him? Then she whispered and he blinked down at those glittering blue gems and he laughed.
”How about I play for you right now?” He blinked, he didn’t see why not. The hall was loud enough as it was, and most of the other students were too busy with the sorting to really spare him much a glance, save for those closest around him in the pit of serpents. ”It’s from a book my brother read, I can’t remember which, but, he was obsessed with it.” He laughed again, adjusted himself in his seat and situated his acoustic guitar in his lap. The song, of course, when it had been recreated a few decades ago, hadn’t been done on guitar. It took a while, but he’d managed to get the melody of it with as many times as his brother had chanted it in the bloody shower. Ugh, that was hell.

” And who are you, the proud lord said,
that I must bow so low?
Only a cat of a different coat,
that's all the truth I know.
In a coat of gold or a coat of red,
a lion still has claws,
And mine are long and sharp, my lord,
as long and sharp as yours.
And so he spoke, and so he spoke,
that lord of Castamere,
But now the rains weep o'er his hall,
with no one there to hear.
Yes now the rains weep o'er his hall,
and not a soul to hear.”

╔═══════════════════╗
Height: 5’7” ☣ Weight: 143lbs ☣ Age: 15
Slytherin Table
Rains of Castamere Song
╚═══════════════════╝

You'd make your way in
I'd resist
you just like this

You can't tell me to feel
The truth never set me free
So, I did it myself

Voice Credits go to The National, Song Credited to ’Game of Thrones’, an HBO Original Series based on George R. R. Martin’s series A Song of Ice and Fire

Essy ze Ninja
Vice Captain

Partying Phantom

10,275 Points
  • Dramatic Shipping 25
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Tipsy 100

Essy ze Ninja
Vice Captain

Partying Phantom

10,275 Points
  • Dramatic Shipping 25
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Tipsy 100
PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2013 6:36 pm
I have screamed until my veins collapsed
I've waited as my time's elapsed

Now, all I do is live with so much hate
I've wished for this, I've bitched at that
I've left behind this little fact:

You cannot kill what you did not create
I've gotta say what I've gotta say
And then I swear I'll go away

But I can't promise you'll enjoy the noise.

User Image

𝔇mitri 𝕲rigori 𝔎amenev
я никому не уступлю
of house Slytherin ___________ Eleven Years Old
First Year

Slytherin Table

User Image

Spine stiff straight, shoulders square, chin even; he sat. There wasn’t much else to do, anyway. Lethargic eyes flickered towards the sorting, reflected the scenery with a pale veil. The thunder of applause hounded him at every corner, concaving around bodies, bouncing off the walls. It was loud, it was hot, he felt irritable with every passing moment. Soon, Sergio was sorted into Slytherin (oh joy) and then Hayden (good) and after that, he supposed he just lost track of it all. In the time to come, the Slytherin name would echo but he would not clap. What the hell was the point? Hope had little do wid, jes?” He smirked knowingly. ”You…” he paused, and his voice hung in the air by thin strings. Sergio had seen to cut them though, hack every fiber in half and distort his attention to have it swayed upon him.

Damn Italians, everything’s about them, isn’t it?

Before he could retort, another girl had. She’d only just promptly arrived after a chorus of clapping hands, nearly all were fresh and soft, never burdened with an honest day’s work. He nodded in agreement with her, whatever her name was. Damn, maybe he should pay more attention to the sorting. ”Hees charming person-alitee” He quipped up to Amory’s fleeting comment, enunciating every syllable with a thick Russian tongue.

He hoped it wouldn’t last long, though—the hard Russian accent—but he’d been in Russia for so long. Thoroughly annoyed he was interrupted, he swiftly turned back to Hayden and nodded. ”Look familiar, jes? I have seen you bee-fore, I sink.” He shook his head slightly and tried to clear his throat. ”Ehm, a banquet? No, several, I bee-lieve, long time go.

“You had dat look, one you had waiting in line, jes?”

We’re never who we say we are.

User Image

User Image

I guess I'll save the best for last
My future seems like one big past ________
You're left with me 'cause you left me no choice

PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2013 6:53 pm
User Image
So tell me what you want to hear
Something that will light those ears
Sick of all the insincere
So I'm gonna give all my secrets away

User Image

Jer sat down at the table, looking about. He had seen some of them in the boatride, and wondered how they actually were. Some of them honestly seemed full of themselves, and he briefly wondered as to how exactly he was going to get along with his housemates. He didn't know for sure, to be honest. Well, maybe the best thing he could do was break the ice. At least that's what he was thinking. Except there seemed to be an argument amongst his new housemates. Perfect. He rolled his eyes. "Oi, if yer done arguin', maybe ya better realize tha' no' all o' us are soddin' jerks. 'Sides, what'cha arguin' 'bout? Where he comes from? Seems a dumb reason ta me. Also, ya gotta deal wit' all o' us. So maybe ya better no' be makin' enemies righ' off. I know a Gryffindor tha' none o' his house likes. I don' know if ya wanna go tha' route."

-------------------------------------------
State: Annoyed
OOC: ...

This time, don't need another perfect lie
Don't care if critics ever jump in line
I'm gonna give all my secrets away

Diamond Wales

Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • Blazing Power of Friendship Wave 200
  • The Wolf Within 100
PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2013 7:31 pm
Who's gonna FIGHT for what's RIGHT
Who's gonna HELP us SURVIVE
We're in the FIGHT of our LIVES
And we're not READY to DIE
Who's gonna FIGHT for the WEAK
Who's gonna MAKE 'em BELIEVE
I've GOT a HERO
LIVING in ME

MARINA EUGENIE ALDRED
PROUD HALFBLOOD
SLYTHERIN FIFTH YEAR
User Image

It's just another war: Sympathetic | Just another family torn: Damien and Yesenia| Just a step from the edge: Poor thing... | Just another day in the world we live in: Slytherin Table |
Wearing

Marina offered the girl a wry grin, as she slid closer to her as well. She saw a bit of herself in the young girl, as Slytherin hadn't exactly been her first pick either. Of course, she'd been more angry than shocked, but most people didn't have her temper. "Bit of a surprise?" she asked sympathetically. "I'm Marina, fifth year and another Prefect." The rest of the first years seemed to be trading passive agressive insults. Or maybe they were all making friends and chatting happily. But somehow, she doubted that.

INTELLIGENCE without AMBITION is a BIRD without WINGS

I'm gonna FIGHT for what's RIGHT
Today I'm SPEAKING my MIND
And if it KILLS me TONIGHT
I will be READY to DIE
I've gotta FIGHT TODAY
To LIVE another DAY
SPEAKING my mind TODAY
My VOICE will be heard TODAY

PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2013 8:05 pm
User Image
User Image

Pureblood Fourth Year Single Slytherin

I'll dedicate it to the fact that it's so hard for you to dream
                                                          A million heartbeats all around you make it hard to sleep

Love love, kiss kiss... blah blah blah....

Virgil glared at Dominic and Gracie how dare she come over here to taunt him with her new boytoy. He turned away in discuss as he tried to watch the sorting. Thong truth be told he did not care a thing about these brats. He glanced over at the staff table and the Ravenclaw table. He kept an eye on his targets.

....You're making me sick.

Well do you find you like to fall in love with people that you're never gonna meet?
                                                          It's easier than breaking up and crying in the street

Xistund

TakaiOokami

PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2013 8:49 pm
User Image
ᵞᵋᶳₑᶮᵢₐ ᶴᵤᶵᵣᵢᵡ

First Year ø Slytherin ø Muggleborn

"Music is easy and simple, you don't have to worry about things like betrayal."
Yesenia glanced at the prefects, sizing them up. She certainly didn't want to give anyone a reason to start teasing her. But perhaps it was like with the upperclassmen at the platform, they were just trying to be helpful. And she was just too paranoid. She tried to relax and not get defensive like last time. "A pleasure, my name is Yesenia," she said, introducing herself as well. "I'm alright, just didn't expect it, that's all," she replied with a shrug. Surprise was one way to say it, and she was probably overreacting. She'd still find friends, just... probably not in Slytherin, or at least not in her grade, since they seemed to like insulting each other a lot. She was sure Veronica wouldn't judge her just because of her house, and Lyre wasn't about to disown her because of something like this.
"But in life, your best friends can end up as your worst enemies."

[ooc:]
Bass the Rabbit Status

The Forgotten Weasley
Cara MiaKitty

PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2013 9:10 pm
User Image
Damien is...spacespacespacespace
CURRENTLY // Looking Studious at Locationspace
CURRENTLY // single // crushing // loving Marina Aldredspaces
CURRENTLY WITH // Marina, and a first yearspacesp
CURRENTLY FEELING // Pleasantspacespa
CURRENTLY THINKING // 'She looks so nervous...' spacespac
'I know you don't like how I feel,
but please, try to remember,'

═════════════════════════════════

Damien offered the girl a smile. She seemed nervous... and like there was something she didn't want to say. His eyes flashed with interest. Maybe she was a halfblood, like Marina? All the other new Slytherins seemed to be more along the line of a traditional snake, reminding Damien a bit of himself at that age... which wasn't a compliment. He'd been a prat, and a prejudiced one at that. He glanced at Marina, taking her hand and squeezing it a bit, feeling guilty for his past crimes. But, he was better than that now, and he wasn't going to let it bother him that he'd been such a jerk. "I suppose that must be odd. I always knew I'd be a Slytherin. My parents were Slytherins. Their parents were; it was expected of me to follow suit. But, not everyone gets the sorting they expect." He flashed his girlfriend a smile, his other hand discreetly patting the pocket of his robes to check that a certain box was still there. Technically, they hadn't become official until later in the year, but honestly, Damien didn't remember that day nearly as well as he remembered their first kisses on the train. He supposed that the date coinciding with their return to school might help his memory in that regard. And that he'd been planning that conversation for weeks, whereas the day he'd given her his ring had just sort of happened. The point was, it was their anniversary, at least as far as he was concerned, and he had a gift for her. But that would have to wait. He squeezed her hand again, turning back to Yesenia. "I know there are a couple of people in my year who didn't get what they expected under the hat. I don't think Marina expected to be in Slytherin, either." She certainly hadn't wanted to, he thought, recalling their rather passive-aggressive argument on the way to the school, and their subsequent hatred of each other. Oh, he'd been such a bloody prat. And he suspected that a fair few of the new sorts were, as well. He ignored them, more concerned with the young lady at present. If things got out of hand, he'd step in, but for now, they were just... well, being Slytherins, if he were honest. It seemed to be in their nature to lash out and insult one another. It was how they got a feel for one another, learned. His first conversation with Dom, while not quite so rude or insulting, had been along those lines. A power struggle. He sighed at the thought. When would these children ever learn?

'It's natural for a thing like me...'

User Image

(( OOC: ))

TakaiOokami

The Forgotten Weasley

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Loving Fortune Seeker 250
  • WilyTrickster 50

VixenViVi

Desirable Vampire

PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2013 11:58 pm
User Image

User Image

Penny had watched the first years as they one by one made it to the table. Everyone cheered after each new addition. She clapped politely as was expected of her but didn't yell and cheer as the other's. Happy to have some fresh faces around, she took the time to study them while they paid no attention to her. She was curious to see how the new batch would interact with the rest of the group. Deciding she was unsure of who to greet she just did them all general. "Welcome to Slytherin." She said toward the new students. Penny didn't care much for starting new conversation though she didn't mind talk once started. Glancing at the hat she was ready for the feast to start.

User Image
User Image

PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2013 9:31 am
User Image

Amanda focused her eyes onto Dominic as he walked towards the Slytherin table. She returned his nod with one of her own as well as a half smile. He doesn't know what's in store for him, she thought, her half smile turning into a smug smirk. As several students were placed into Slytherin, Amanda eyed them. The blonde sat quietly in her seat, observing the first years' faces. The house of snakes had many new students this year it seemed.

((OOC: outfit in top picture))

kiska166
Crew

Devoted Winner

x-Phoenix Phyre-x

Obsessive Bibliophile

9,800 Points
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Millionaire 200
PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2013 12:48 pm
User Image
Edajin Tarot

Slytherin/Second Year/Single/Half-blood/Wearing

User ImageUser ImageUser Image

Edajn sat quietly in his seat at the Slytherin table, watching the large group of first years get sorted. It felt like yesterday he was in that same spot.. but now he wasn't. It was a brand new year. As he watched a sizeable group of new students get sorted into Slytherin, all that was on his mind was the upcoming Quidditch tryouts. More than anything he wanted to play Quidditch again - and his father had bought him a brand new broomstick over the summer break that he was itching to put to use.

With:

PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2013 7:34 pm
Who's gonna FIGHT for what's RIGHT
Who's gonna HELP us SURVIVE
We're in the FIGHT of our LIVES
And we're not READY to DIE
Who's gonna FIGHT for the WEAK
Who's gonna MAKE 'em BELIEVE
I've GOT a HERO
LIVING in ME

MARINA EUGENIE ALDRED
PROUD HALFBLOOD
SLYTHERIN FIFTH YEAR
User Image

It's just another war: Sympathetic | Just another family torn: Damien and Yesenia| Just a step from the edge: Poor thing... | Just another day in the world we live in: Slytherin Table |
Wearing

Marina stifled a laugh at her boyfriend's words, and shook her head. "That old hat can be tricky. I thought for sure I'd be a Ravenclaw, but as you can see..." she shrugged a little. "It takes a while to adjust, that's for sure. But you'll be fine. You're certainly handling it better than I did. I spent the entire feast of my first night here fuming and glaring at everyone." The girl, Yesenia, seemed very calm and well mannered at least. Not a little angry brat like Marina had been, moody and sullen. The redhead chanced a glance at the other first years. No outright fights had started yet, but she was keeping her eye on them.

INTELLIGENCE without AMBITION is a BIRD without WINGS

I'm gonna FIGHT for what's RIGHT
Today I'm SPEAKING my MIND
And if it KILLS me TONIGHT
I will be READY to DIE
I've gotta FIGHT TODAY
To LIVE another DAY
SPEAKING my mind TODAY
My VOICE will be heard TODAY

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • Blazing Power of Friendship Wave 200
  • The Wolf Within 100

TakaiOokami

PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2013 8:11 pm
User Image
ᵞᵋᶳₑᶮᵢₐ ᶴᵤᶵᵣᵢᵡ

First Year ø Slytherin ø Muggleborn

"Music is easy and simple, you don't have to worry about things like betrayal."
Yesenia looked at the girl, she seemed to have gone through something like this before. The two also seemed to know each other, which, now that she thought about it, was kind of obvious. Oh well. "I didn't really expect a certain house... I suppose I just didn't think there was such thing as a muggleborn Slytherin. Wizard hats are strange," Yesenia replied, as if commenting on the weather. She still wasn't sure what to make of either of these 'prefects', so perhaps if she gave the flat out truth she'd know what to expect from most members of her house, or at least the older members. Now that she had calmed down some, she realized this couldn't be so bad. Since she had already heard from a few of the people from her class, she knew what to expect and didn't have to be careful like she had to with these two. She noticed they were eyeing the other first years down the table. "I'm fine, I'd be more worried about them if I were you," she told them, nodding down the table.
"But in life, your best friends can end up as your worst enemies."

[ooc:]
Bass the Rabbit Status

The Forgotten Weasley
Cara MiaKitty

PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2013 8:39 pm
User Image
Damien is...spacespacespacespace
CURRENTLY // Looking Studious at Locationspace
CURRENTLY // single // crushing // loving Marina Aldredspaces
CURRENTLY WITH // Marina, and a first yearspacesp
CURRENTLY FEELING // Pleasantspacespa
CURRENTLY THINKING // 'She looks so nervous...' spacespac
'I know you don't like how I feel,
but please, try to remember,'

Damien's eyes went a bit wide when the girl said she was a muggleborn. Oh, wow. That... that was certainly a new one. He was sure that there'd been others in the past, but he didn't actually know of any. Most muggleborns figured out really quickly that they should keep certain things to themselves... particularly their blood status. He didn't really like the fact that they did; it only perpetuated the idea that they had something to be ashamed of, after all. But, he didn't want to alarm the girl, seeing as she'd finally stopped looking like she'd seen a ghost... which, come to think of it, she had, Damien, thought, glancing at the myriad of ghosts floating around. And, since she was muggleborn, it was probably the first time. He smiled at her. "There certainly aren't many. And I don't know about Wizard Hats in general, but I'd say the Sorting Hat is a bit odder than his fair share." Damien personally thought that the old hat had to be going batty at this point, it was over a thousand years old and spent most of the year cooped up in the Headmaster's office. He thought he might have heard a joke once that the reason the Hat's sorting song was different every year was because it had nothing better to do all year but write a new one. Well, the person telling it might have thought it was funny, but Damien hadn't. He wondered if hats could get lonely...

At Yesenia's mention of the other first years, he sighed, rolling his eyes a bit. They were right little prats, the lot of them, he thought. Already proving themselves to be more trouble than most of them were probably worth. One of them, a very outspoken young man whose lower class accent stuck out like a sore thumb at the table of noble lineages, seemed like he had a fair bit of sense. But Damien doubted the poor kid had done anything other than make the others turn their noses up at him, either because of his accent or because he'd actually come out and said what he thought, instead of trying to cover it up with propriety and nobility. He sighed.
                                                          "I think they're fine... for now. They're not shouting or threatening each other from what I can tell, and if I let myself get involved in every little argument the younger kids have, I'd never have any free time. If they start getting loud or the wands come out or anything, I'll step in. Right now..." He wanted to say they were just being Slytherins, but again, he didn't want to scare the girl off or make her hate her whole house. After all, not all of them were horrible. The blonde first year seemed to have his head on straight, as did she. If they were lucky, the two of them would make friends with each other and members of the other houses, and then the attitudes of their housemates wouldn't matter. "Right now, they're just being kids. I suppose a few of you are more mature than others." Damien's voice was soft, not loud enough to reach the ears of the squabbling first years. And it was a good thing, since he was fairly certain that if any of them heard him, they'd argue that they were, of course, more mature than anyone else around them could possibly be, and do you know who my father is, and who my mother is, and who my grandparents were? He shuddered at the thought and was thankful that those days were behind him.

'It's natural for a thing like me...'

User Image

(( OOC: ))

TakaiOokami

The Forgotten Weasley

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Loving Fortune Seeker 250
  • WilyTrickster 50

Diamond Wales

Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2013 9:38 pm
User Image
So tell me what you want to hear
Something that will light those ears
Sick of all the insincere
So I'm gonna give all my secrets away

User Image

Jer snorted as he realized everyone was ignoring him. Great. He glared at them and decided to let his attention wander. That was when he noticed the blonde girl saying high. So instead of being rude like the others, he decided to turn his attention to her instead. "Wotcher. I'm Jeremy. Nice ta meetcha. Ev'ryone's always this antisocial, huh? I havn't even had a chance ta introduce myself, an' already I feel like maybe I go' placed wrong, pearl. Does this happen ta ev'ryone or jus' me?."

State: Annoyed
OOC: ...

This time, don't need another perfect lie
Don't care if critics ever jump in line
I'm gonna give all my secrets away

Great Hall

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 96 97 98 99 100 101 ... 177 178 179 180 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games