Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply Naruto Guild
Official SERIOUS Naruto Anime and Manga discussion Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 96 97 98 99 100 101 ... 114 115 116 117 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Pekora

PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2006 8:55 pm
Shikalee
Captain Verd
Shikalee
Captain Verd
Then based on the jutsu, it gives off an effect

Considering the jutsu Shikamaru is using, I'm going to go ahead and say the effect his blades are giving off are that of the Kage Mane origin.
You DON'T know it's Kage Mane. rolleyes God damn.
But it would make sense considering the blades take the property of whatever jutsu Shikamaru wants them to.
You don't know what he wants. s**t, you thought him and Kurenai should hook up. xd

Shikamaru didn't used Kagemane? I thought I heard him saying Kagemane Shuriken Jutsu or something, besides if he would've used Kage Nui, the shadow is supposed to split into ropes and bind the foe.  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2006 10:51 am
Juuyonbi_No_Peko_=3
Shikalee
Captain Verd
Shikalee
Captain Verd

Considering the jutsu Shikamaru is using, I'm going to go ahead and say the effect his blades are giving off are that of the Kage Mane origin.
But it would make sense considering the blades take the property of whatever jutsu Shikamaru wants them to.
You don't know what he wants. s**t, you thought him and Kurenai should hook up. xd

Shikamaru didn't used Kagemane? I thought I heard him saying Kagemane Shuriken Jutsu or something, besides if he would've used Kage Nui, the shadow is supposed to split into ropes and bind the foe.
Err... No? Let me check. I can read enough Japanese to tell you this one.

Oh you're right. He says "Kagemane Shiruken no Jutsu success."

MY point is, that Kagemane Shiruken no Jutsu =/= Kagemane
It's a DIFFERENT attack. By definition. Kagemane has a range and comes STRAIGHT from his body. That's what makes it Kagemane and NOT Kagemane Shiruken. If they were the same attack, he wouldn't have to call it something else.

So no. He didn't use Kagemane. He used Kagemane Shiruken.

I never said it was Kage Nui. You're putting words in my mouth. I think it's an entirely different jutsu than any of the others.

I will say it again: It's HIS version of maelstorm.  

Syndactyly

Pekora

PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2006 11:28 am
Shikalee
Juuyonbi_No_Peko_=3
Shikalee
Captain Verd
Shikalee
Captain Verd

It's a DIFFERENT attack. By definition. Kagemane has a range and comes STRAIGHT from his body. That's what makes it Kagemane and NOT Kagemane Shiruken. If they were the same attack, he wouldn't have to call it something else.

I never said it was Kage Nui. You're putting words in my mouth. I think it's an entirely different jutsu than any of the others.

maelstrom?

ummm, sorry I get confused quickly, Im kinda lost right now so dont hit me if Im saying dumb things >_<.
I said that if HE would've said Kage Nui Shuriken jutsu or w/e the chakra blades would've binded both Hidan and Kakuzu instead of trapping their shadows, and yeah, you're right, it IS a different attack because he's using knifes w/ his chakra instead of just performing a jutsu with his hands.

The chakra blades have a range accordingly to Shikamaru's range, so both Shika and the blades have the same range.  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2006 12:26 pm
Juuyonbi_No_Peko_=3
Shikalee
Juuyonbi_No_Peko_=3
Shikalee
Captain Verd

maelstrom?

ummm, sorry I get confused quickly, Im kinda lost right now so dont hit me if Im saying dumb things >_<.
I said that if HE would've said Kage Nui Shuriken jutsu or w/e the chakra blades would've binded both Hidan and Kakuzu instead of trapping their shadows, and yeah, you're right, it IS a different attack because he's using knifes w/ his chakra instead of just performing a jutsu with his hands.

The chakra blades have a range accordingly to Shikamaru's range, so both Shika and the blades have the same range.
My bad. It's maelstrom.

http://www.battle.net/scc/protoss/units/darkarchon.shtml
"A Dark Archon using Maelstrom on Hydralisks stuns them, allowing the Zealots and Dark Templar to attack..."
It's a stun.

Trapping shadows = binding. They're frozen and can't move.

That sounds more realistic. The part in blue. But did anyone say that?
Also... Why does everyone call him Shika? It makes me laugh. "So, Deer was kicking some major a**..." xd  

Syndactyly

Pekora

PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2006 12:59 pm
Shikalee
Juuyonbi_No_Peko_=3
Shikalee
Juuyonbi_No_Peko_=3
Shikalee
Captain Verd

maelstrom?

My bad. It's maelstrom.

"A Dark Archon using Maelstrom on Hydralisks stuns them, allowing the Zealots and Dark Templar to attack..."
It's a stun.

Also... Why does everyone call him Shika? It makes me laugh. "So, Deer was kicking some major a**..." xd

you highlighted it right? I dunno, it just crossed through my mind

same thing with Naruto '' The adventures of steamed fish-paste cake!'' (sorry if it's a lame translation, I dont happen to have a dictionary and I can't find an appropiate translator >_<)

I'm sorry Kage Nui means ''Shadow Sewing'', I thought it meant ''binding''
>.<.

and where the hell did you got that maelstrom?  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2006 1:16 pm
Actually, the technique theoriticaly has a longer range than Shikamaru's own basic one: Depending on how long the blades can hold the chakra charge, Shikamaru can charge them, use them in a trap, and then walk away. He wouldn't have to be anywhere near them to use them, as opposed to the basic Kagemane which demands he be there to see the target. Those chakra blades are fun toys.

The other nice thing about them is that they aren't heavly dependant on the lighting. As we saw in the battle with Temari, the higher the sun, the more difficulty he has with how far he can go. Thus, his base range is variable. But with the chakra blades, it's consistant, wich means it's probably longer than his range at high noon.

And they don't take up his concentration, either. With the standard justsu, he has to concentrate to keep it going. That means he's stuck in one place, and can't do anything else. With those blades, he's free to jump around, do other techniques. . . I'm betting that the base strength of the justsu charged chakra blades isn't as strong as if he'd been maintaining it himself, though.

All this fun stuff. I have to wonder why more ninjas don't use chakra blades. Are they rare? Expensive? Fragile? Not stylish? Do they clash with the standard ninja outfit?  

CrabappleRed

Pekora

PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2006 2:19 pm
CrabappleRed
Actually, the technique theoriticaly has a longer range than Shikamaru's own basic one: Depending on how long the blades can hold the chakra charge, Shikamaru can charge them, use them in a trap, and then walk away. He wouldn't have to be anywhere near them to use them, as opposed to the basic Kagemane which demands he be there to see the target. Those chakra blades are fun toys.

The other nice thing about them is that they aren't heavly dependant on the lighting. As we saw in the battle with Temari, the higher the sun, the more difficulty he has with how far he can go. Thus, his base range is variable. But with the chakra blades, it's consistant, wich means it's probably longer than his range at high noon.

And they don't take up his concentration, either. With the standard justsu, he has to concentrate to keep it going. That means he's stuck in one place, and can't do anything else. With those blades, he's free to jump around, do other techniques. . . I'm betting that the base strength of the justsu charged chakra blades isn't as strong as if he'd been maintaining it himself, though.

All this fun stuff. I have to wonder why more ninjas don't use chakra blades. Are they rare? Expensive? Fragile? Not stylish? Do they clash with the standard ninja outfit?

the blade power depends on the user, not itself, the blade is specially made to hold the chakra of the user, the limit of the blade is the limit of the user.  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2006 2:30 pm
Juuyonbi_No_Peko_=3

the blade power depends on the user, not itself, the blade is specially made to hold the chakra of the user, the limit of the blade is the limit of the user.

I'm not sure what you mean by that. If you mean the blade is limited by the amount of chakra that the user can hold, then Shikamaru can deffinatly charge them up and walk away. He could go home and catch a movie, and the blades could (theoreticaly) stay behind and keep pinning his opponent to one spot. People like Naruto would be even nastier, since they have such rediculous amounts of chakra to make use of.  

CrabappleRed

Syndactyly

PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2006 4:49 pm
Juuyonbi_No_Peko_=3
Shikalee
Juuyonbi_No_Peko_=3
Shikalee
Juuyonbi_No_Peko_=3

maelstrom?

My bad. It's maelstrom.

It's a stun.

you highlighted it right? I dunno, it just crossed through my mind

same thing with Naruto '' The adventures of steamed fish-paste cake!'' (sorry if it's a lame translation, I dont happen to have a dictionary and I can't find an appropiate translator >_<)

I'm sorry Kage Nui means ''Shadow Sewing'', I thought it meant ''binding''
>.<.

and where the hell did you got that maelstrom?
Yeah. I highlighted it makes the most sense out of everyone here (yes, even after Crabapple's post).

Heh... That's what his name actually means.

Yeah. xd Isn't it really gat?

StarCraft. I've been playing that game for about 10 years I think... xd  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2006 4:52 pm
CrabappleRed
THEORETICALLY. Your word does not bear over mine or anyone else's. Our theories are equally true until we see when the blades lose their effect. May the best man win.

Chakra blades are probably made of an extremely rare metal. Not sure what they called it if they've called it anything yet. Probably similar to the rare and magical metal mithryl (I have no idea how to spell it).  

Syndactyly

Captain Verd

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2006 10:10 am
Shikalee
CrabappleRed
THEORETICALLY. Your word does not bear over mine or anyone else's. Our theories are equally true until we see when the blades lose their effect. May the best man win.

Chakra blades are probably made of an extremely rare metal. Not sure what they called it if they've called it anything yet. Probably similar to the rare and magical metal mithryl (I have no idea how to spell it).
What makes you say they're made of a different metal? Exploding notes are made out of regular scroll paper. D:

Also, to what you said before, the Kurenai/Shikamaru thing wasn't serious. I thought that was obvious. neutral  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2006 11:43 am
Shikalee
CrabappleRed

I think that metal has something to do with that paper Kakashi had on his hand. He said that the paper was made of an special tree that's sensitive to chakra.  

Pekora

Pekora

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2006 11:46 am
CrabappleRed
Juuyonbi_No_Peko_=3

I'm not sure what you mean by that. If you mean the blade is limited by the amount of chakra that the user can hold, then Shikamaru can deffinatly charge them up and walk away. He could go home and catch a movie, and the blades could (theoreticaly) stay behind and keep pinning his opponent to one spot. People like Naruto would be even nastier, since they have such rediculous amounts of chakra to make use of.

*points at Shikalee post* =D  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2006 2:30 pm
Shikalee

Considering the fact that Shiakamaru is intent on fighting these guys, and not wandering off to go catch a movie, I very much doubt we'll get to see just how long the range is. More than likely something else will happen before then: either Hidan and Kakuzu will break the jutsu, or the knives will get pulled up, or some other random thing'll happen. Hell, maybe he'll even kill them before we get to see.

Unless thos cigarettes Shikamaru is smoking are actually pot, and he thinks it really is a good idea to wander off and go catch a flick.

Still thogh, I don't see how you can disprove the theory. Wether or not we see hard evedence in the manga, it still rests: Shikamaru's range with the original jutsu is limited, espicialy at noon. His range with the knives is consistant, and as long as his range is at a decent time for his jutsu use. Thus, it inevitably follows that his range with the knives will be better than it is with the standard jutsu at a time or under conditions that are not favorable to the standard jutsu.  

CrabappleRed

Pekora

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2006 5:55 pm
CrabappleRed
Shikalee

Considering the fact that Shiakamaru is intent on fighting these guys, and not wandering off to go catch a movie, I very much doubt we'll get to see just how long the range is. More than likely something else will happen before then: either Hidan and Kakuzu will break the jutsu, or the knives will get pulled up, or some other random thing'll happen. Hell, maybe he'll even kill them before we get to see.

Unless thos cigarettes Shikamaru is smoking are actually pot, and he thinks it really is a good idea to wander off and go catch a flick.

Still thogh, I don't see how you can disprove the theory. Wether or not we see hard evedence in the manga, it still rests: Shikamaru's range with the original jutsu is limited, espicialy at noon. His range with the knives is consistant, and as long as his range is at a decent time for his jutsu use. Thus, it inevitably follows that his range with the knives will be better than it is with the standard jutsu at a time or under conditions that are not favorable to the standard jutsu.

Blade's capacity = Shikamaru's capacity

That jutsu can only be dispelled by a 3rd, Shikamaru or if both make an unhuman strength to get free (watch the filler episode where Fuujin and Raijin can break Shika's jutsu) he's controlling both Hidan and Kakuzu's movements, so it's pretty hard to undo it.  
Naruto Guild

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 96 97 98 99 100 101 ... 114 115 116 117 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games