Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Avatar Battle Royale Guild: R.I.P. KING OF POP ;A;

Back to Guilds

Reply IT'S TIME TO D-D-D-D-D-DUEL
Talk Here (Spam Hut) Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 987 988 989 990 991 992 ... 1213 1214 1215 1216 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

0 Zhou 0

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2008 1:43 pm
User ImageUser Image

Nothing says "LOLSECKSMEE" Like unborn chickens

*thrust*

LOL

I MAED GENERAL CAO'S FROM SCRATCH!

its nummeh

AND THERES NO/LITTLE MSG!

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2008 2:12 pm

User ImageUser ImageUser Image

her hair is too gold... It needs to be dark brown and orage >.<

her name is 宝 (bao)

not that you care or anything

0 Zhou 0

Zen Rider

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2008 2:46 pm
The rangers are complete.  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2008 3:17 pm
NUH UH!!!

I still have... like...

7 more to doooo  

0 Zhou 0

Zen Rider

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2008 3:28 pm
Zhou Zheng
NUH UH!!!

I still have... like...

7 more to doooo

What are they for anyways?  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2008 3:32 pm
User ImageUser Image

I probably should have explained...

I've been writing... for like ever now

And not ONCE could i effectively produce art for the characters...

Now that i made some bases that would work, i thought id start drawing them

Its turning out okay...

0 Zhou 0

DrunkenStyle
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2008 6:07 pm
Zhou Zheng
Issues im having- On the third one, The R value is 255, and for some reason, Pure R/G/B values dont burn in gimp...

My pressure sensitivity doesnt work on my tablet

I draw too small to color and detail clearly >.<

ALSO: Skin color... Im terrible with it... 1 is from south china, 2 is from Hawaii, 3 is from India, and 4 is from Brazil.... Did i do it right?

Fix me?

Zhou Zheng
The R value is 255, and for some reason, Pure R/G/B values dont burn in gimp...

ALSO: Skin color... Im terrible with it... 1 is from south china, 2 is from Hawaii, 3 is from India, and 4 is from Brazil.... Did i do it right?

Zhou Zheng
Pure R/G/B values dont burn in gimp...

Skin color... Im terrible with it... 1 is from south china, 2 is from Hawaii, 3 is from India, and 4 is from Brazil

Zhou Zheng
burn in gimp

I draw too small

Skin color... Im terrible with it...

Zhou Zheng
burn

gimp

draw too small

Skin color

Those are your problems. xD

Download PS7 if you have a chance. But if not then it's not a big deal to use Gimp since it's just a tool.

Burning isn't a very effective way to shade. Use a more complex pallette by picking out the colors yourself rather than burning. It'll give the drawings more life.

Also, draw in larger resolution. Ever wonder why really good artists like in Soul Calibur can look so great on the computer? Because they draw in huuuuuge 9000 x 9000 resolution and then shrink it down by at least 50-25% when they release the image to the public. I'm exaggerating on the large resolution, but for me I usually draw 3500 x 3000. It used to be bigger but I got lazy.

Also, don't split hairs with skin color, it doesn't really tell what country a person is specifically from. A brown guy could be Filipino, Mexican, Brazilian or even just an overtanned Japanese guy. A brown person is still a brown person.  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2008 6:11 pm
Oh man. I'm getting really tired of my art classes. A lot of these kids are so stuck in their own s**t that they can't take criticism that well. They're not gonna go anywhere in the art industry if they're not open-minded about creative expression and criticism.  

DrunkenStyle
Vice Captain

0 Zhou 0

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2008 6:22 pm
User ImageUser Image

I can empathize

With the others, i mean

I do not believe art should be criticized.

It is Personal expression, and who is anyone to judge a personal expression

Its different if you ASK for criticism

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2008 6:28 pm
DrunkenStyle
0ogii
quaxcalibur
MMMMBOP!badubadopBadubopbadubadopBadubopbadubadopBaduyeah

Somehow, that made me think of the little children laying in the hallway at my school who wouldn't move their tiny asses so I had to step over them. >.>
I pretended to kick one, though, and she made a squeak sound.
<.<

I love children. I want fifty-thousand children. Oh god, I love children.

[/sarcasm]

wahmbulance wahmbulance SOUND THE b***h ALARM WE GOT A LIVE ONE wahmbulance wahmbulance

Just kidding.

But seriously. How old are you?

Meh.
I haven't heard the alarm one, but I've heard others. xD
15, nearly 16. Probably the youngest here, eh?
My personality is a bit older, I'd say.
I think it's good I don't want/like/squee over children yet. My grandmother says it's a bad sign, and the other girls in my class looked at me funny when I didn't run up to my teacher the day he brought his baby in.
Babies.
Ugh.
I like clean things, which they are not. On the contrary.  

0ogii

0 Zhou 0

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2008 6:38 pm
User ImageUser Image

... you dont like babies?

*cling*

i think youre my soulmate.

lets go NOT make a baby

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2008 6:40 pm
I used to think like that, Zhou. But I started getting serious about my art and got new views on it, and for me I think it's bullshit.

Art is art yeah, if you're in the world of Fine Art. But if you're in the media art industry where you work with certain people who are above you, saying "art is free expression, don't hate on my art" is bullshit and they'll fire you and find someone else who won't get so butthurt about criticism.

Also, these kids are in class. It's not even real life yet. These teachers aren't out to bring down the students, they're trying to help them. Otherwise they shouldn't be in the class if they can't take criticism. Find another career.

But then again, even in Fine Art, criticism is essential to an artist. Being stubborn won't get them anywhere.

@0ogi: Oh, cuz I was asking because you said you had children running around your school. You let kids run around in high school or something?

ON ANOTHER NOTE, I'M TOTALLY INTERESTED IN THAT DEVIANTART RONINS ULTRAMIX THING. MAYBE I SHOULD MAKE UP A CLAN.  

DrunkenStyle
Vice Captain

The Pie

6,850 Points
  • Pie Feeder 50
  • Pie Enabler 100
  • Pie Hoarder by Proxy 150
PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2008 7:29 pm
I don't think you're the youngest here, 0ogi. Well, at least, not at the moment. There was this one little Korean kid here, but he keeps on changing accounts, so I have no idea who he is anymore.

Or if he's even Korean. Maybe he was lying.

Also, babies are horrible if they are whining. But if they are running around being cute and glomping legs, then it's kinda okay I guess. Sometimes you just can't help but smile at their innocence and lack of responsibility. Then you realize you have to grow up or else you'll get kicked out of the house by your mother and you immediately start hating on the little ******** who'll probably grow up to be spoiled little ******** with their skanky whore clothes and their dirty mouths.

Lol whut.

Also, damn, boy. If you wanna get somewhere in art, you gotta take crits. Especially in art-oriented communities(not that this is onelol). I bet the peeps on conceptart.org would probably kick your face in, rip out your insides and skewer your wiener on a cheap, splintery chopstick.

I'm actually kinda craving some cocktail wieners right now...

One of the few times I actually asked for crits on this one picture, but I didn't get squat. Assholes. Well, on deviantArt, but I guess I was expecting too much of my friends. Oh well~  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2008 7:59 pm
gonk  

0 Zhou 0

DrunkenStyle
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2008 8:02 pm
I don't rely on the internet for constructive criticism though. If you post some s**t up conceptart.org they'll harrass you drinkin all that Haterade. At least in real life there'll be more constructive criticism cuz they'll crit you face to face and are more honest or polite. Or not. Plus that site is so ******** cutthroat.  
IT'S TIME TO D-D-D-D-D-DUEL

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 987 988 989 990 991 992 ... 1213 1214 1215 1216 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games