Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry Roleplay Guild

Back to Guilds

A school of magic, based on J.K. Rowling's books. In need of Professors and Students! Join Now for the February - May year! 

Tags: Harry Potter, Hogwarts, Hogsmeade, J.K. Rowling, Roleplay 

Reply Great Hall
The Sorting Hat ~ CLOSED 2062-63 Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 97 98 99 100 101 102 ... 180 181 182 183 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Graydon Ironshield

Colorful Codger

1,050 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Statustician 100
PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2015 6:26 pm
User Image

User Image

════════════════════════

Fɪʀsᴛ Yᴇᴀʀ |Ⅰ| Uɴsᴏʀᴛᴇᴅ |Ⅰ| Hᴀʟғ-Bʟᴏᴏᴅ

════════════════════════

Text.

Selina wasn't sure if she was disappointed or not, when she saw the Sorting was done simply by having an animated hat placed upon her head. She thought it was pretty cool when the knacky old hat started speaking and singing of its own accord. Despite being further down the list than others, she nearly jumped when her name was read aloud.

Right then Selina wasn't feeling particularly brave, clever, ambitious, or hardworking enough to be put anywhere. 'What if the hat can't find a place for me?' she wondered silently. Still, she knew it wouldn't do to appear nervous in front the whole of the student body, or the teachers whom sat in judgement upon the dais above them all.

To all appearances, she walked resolutely from the mass of other unsorted students with a deliberate pace, before taking a seat on the stool. As the hat was lowered in place, so the brim sat upon the bridge of her nose, she asked it in a very soft voice, "Are you sentient?"

People say that, in a nutshell, I'm a bit of an odd duck. Not a nutter, you understand, it’s just most folk aren’t exactly sure what to make of me. By and large, I don’t like dealing with a lot of people at one time, and crowds make me nervous. By turns I can be quite cheerful, and then suddenly be dark and moody, and I’m usually good for a snide quip or two. ‘Cynical’ would be a good descriptor of me, but then after the things I’ve seen in my life, I don’t really have faith in much of anything.

I can assure you, though, I’m dead serious when it comes to my schoolwork; competence only comes through hard work and practice, I will seek out extra credit projects to pad my grades, and you’ll usually find me in a library somewhere studying.

I enjoy My books, of course. I’m what one might call a bibliophile, and I have a rather sizeable collection of books, classics by Muggle authors, and Wizarding authors (and nothing by that fraud, Gilderoy Lockhart) as well as more obscure works, some of which are quite valuable and rare. I also have managed to collect a number of books on the subjects of magic, spellcraft, and the like (some of which will be coming with me in my trunk), including my own formulary (useful for Potions class).

My favourite classes are Charms, Potions and Herbology; the latter two being quite closely related; enough so I will be cross-referencing my formulary with notes usable in both. I’m also looking forward to Magical Theory, from the books I’ve read on the subject, I’ve got a lot of questions to ask the professors, and some of the positions I’ve read about I am interested in debating with them.

I really don’t like being pestered while I’m trying to get something done either, now I think about it. I can be reading a really good book, or totally into the study of a particular bit of magic, and sure as the sun rising somebody feels the need to intrude upon my personal space because they have some ‘important’ bit which absolutely demands my undivided attention at that precise second.

I’m also officially bummed they won’t teach Care of Magical Creatures until Third Year, and only as an Elective; I’m given to understand previous years got to see hippogriffs and dragons.

════════════════════════
                                                    OOC:

PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2015 6:30 pm
User Image
The Sorting Hat
User Image

Cara MiaKitty

User Image

c υ r r e n т l y
                                                          ╔═══════════════════════════════╗
                                                          ṡïṉģlε
                                                          Looking Unruly in the Great Hall with The Sorting Hat
                                                          xxxғeelιngxxx
                                                          Bewildered
                                                          xxxтнιnĸιngxxx
                                                          ❝ It's a ratty old hat? Seriously? ❞
                                                          ╚═══════════════════════════════╝

ḋø ÿøυ εṿεɾ ώαṉṉα сατсh ṃε? ✫ ✫ ✫xxx
                                                          ɾïģhτ ṉøώ ï'ṃ ƒεεlïṉģ ïģṉøɾεḋ ✫ ✫ ✫xxxxxx
                                                          ṡø сαṉ ÿøυ τɾÿ α lïττlε hαɾḋεɾ? ✫ ✫ ✫xxxxxxxxx
                                                          ï'ṃ ɾεαllÿ ģεττïṉģ вøɾεḋ ✫ ✫ ✫xxxxxxxxxxxx
                                                          ═════════════════════════════════════════════════╗

spaceIvy was still snickering ever so slightly at the antics of some aquatic visitor at the boathouse. She knew that a lot of her fellow first years seemed nervous, but she wasn't really sure why. She guessed what house you were in was somehow a big deal? The redhead just hoped that she wasn't in that one house, the Raven one. It was the one her Mum had wanted to be in, and the one Joel's dorky cousin had been in, which told her pretty much all she thought she needed to know about it. Namely, that it wasn't the house for her. The child didn't have long to way, her last name starting with a 'B,' so she didn't really get to see that many students go before her. When she heard her own name called, she approached the Deputy Headmistress and her stool with a curious expression. Catching sight of the hat, it grew confused. The thing looked positively ancient! It had to be being held together by nothing more than a wish and a prayer! Or, well, magic, she supposed. But she could see that it vaguely seemed to have some sort of face on it, which was even stranger. When she sat and it was placed upon her head, she waited, more curious as to what this hat had to do with the sorting than which house she'd end up in. The voice that sounded in her ear made her eyes go wide, sucking in breath. It could ruddy talk?! That was seriously weird, but undeniably cool. And it chose your house for you? Insane. Truly. Magical people, she decided then, were all absolutely nutters.

╚═════════════════════════════════════════════════
                                                          xxx✫ ✫ ✫ сøṃε øṉ! ṡhøøτ ƒαṡτεɾ!
                                                          xxxxxx✫ ✫ ✫ јυṡτ α lïττlε вïτ øƒ εṉεɾģÿ
                                                          xxxxxxxxx✫ ✫ ✫ ï ώαṉṉα τɾÿ ṡøṃετhïṉģ ƒυṉ ɾïģhτ ṉøώ
                                                          xxxxxxxxxxxx✫ ✫ ✫ ï ģυεṡṡ ṡøṃε ρεøρlε сαll ïτ αṉαɾсhÿ

(( OOC: ))
                                                          Personality under first spoiler

■ BRASH Ivy has a tendency to act first and ask questions later. She doesn't believe in wasting time sitting around considering the consequences. She'd rather just go out and do it and deal with what happens. It tends to get her in a lot of trouble, but she'd rather get a detention or be grounded than regret not trying something. Especially when that something involves getting in a fist fight over some bully picking on someone smaller than them. Which happens a lot.
                                                          ■ CURIOUS She's filled with an insatiable curiosity. She loves to explore, to dig around and try to unearth something interesting. However, she doesn't care much for reading or research; she'd rather learn through either a hands-on demonstration, or, failing that, being told. She's far too impatient to read or study.
                                                          ■ HEADSTRONG Like her father, Ivy is stubborn as a mule; she doesn't back down, she doesn't give up, and it takes some serious evidence to change her mind about anything once she's formed an opinion. It can be something of a strength, when it comes to needing to stick to her guns. But, it also leads to a lot of problems when she insists on clinging to something or doing something just because she's declared it so.
                                                          ■ DAREDEVIL Ivy likes to be active, and she's something of an adrenaline junkie. She likes danger, even if it's the smallest hint of it. She's taken an interest in martial arts as a result, because there's something amazingly exciting about learning to fight. She'd never really try to hurt anyone (with the exception of bullies who make the mistake of angering her), but she enjoys the challenge of it. She also has a dream to go skydiving, bungee jumping, just about anything that even remotely implies she might die. Since learning about magic, she's determined that, just once, she wants to get up close and personal with a dragon.
                                                          ■ ATHLETIC As stated, Ivy enjoys martial arts; her athletics don't stop there. While in general she's not overly fond of participating in anything involving a ball, she does enjoy things that'll make her work up a sweat. Her favorites are martial arts, running, and gymnastics. Anyone who tells her than any of those things are not sports will grow to regret ever saying such to her face. And, while she doesn't usually play traditional sports, she does have an avid interest in them from a fan perspective, and is more than willing to kick a ball around with a friend.
                                                          ■ HONEST Because of how horribly the secret of her mother's magical family blew up in her family's face, Ivy despises lies. She thinks that there's never a real reason to lie, and that anyone doing so, even if they think it's for someone else's good, is really just being selfish or trying to avoid an uncomfortable truth. She personally tries to never lie, and feels physically ill if she realizes she has. She gets herself into trouble a lot because she always confesses to her misbehavior, and tends to take her friends down with her.

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

The Professor set the hat down carefully on the student's head. For a moment the hat was silent before speaking....
You're certainly not one to sit still for long, are you?
Many things pique your interest
And you aren't afraid to discover.
You will find like-hearts in...
Gryffindor!

a porg
Vice Captain

Anxious Astronomer

Winsome Fey

Alien Hunter

7,050 Points
  • Daring Investigator 50
  • Unfortunate Abductee 175
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2015 6:35 pm
User Image
                                                                If I could have my wasted days back
                                                                Would I use them to get back on track?
                                                                Stop to warm at Karma's burning
                                                                Or look ahead, but keep on turning?

▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁

Where am I? Great Hall
                                                                Who am I with? Everyone
                                                                What am I doing? Being Sorted
                                                                What am I thinking? That bloody Hat better put me where I belong.
                                                                What am I wearing? First Year Uniform

Hamilton approached the hat carefully when his name was called. He knew where he was going, and he refused to believe he would go anywhere else. After all, everyone in his family went to Slytherin, it was only natural that he did as well. He sat down in the seat and gave the hall a haughty look before the Hat was lowered onto his head.

People say that, in a nutshell, I'm stuck up and snobbish. I am pretty much spoiled, and I do what I want. I am particularly rude and arrogant to those that I see as beneath me, including (but not limited to) girls, squibs, house elves, mudbloods, muggles, blood traitors, and the like. I also happen to be superior to them. After all, I am the best breeding that you can get. I am not above doing sneaky or underhanded things to get my way, and prefer to be dishonest when I feel like it. It has worked in the past for me, so I see no reason it shouldn't work in the future.

OOC:

Do I have the strength
                                                                To know how I'll go?
                                                                Can I find it inside
                                                                To deal with what I shouldn't know?

PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2015 6:36 pm
User Image
The Sorting Hat
User Image

Diamond Wales
User Image
                                                  This ain't a song for the broken-hearted
                                                  No silent prayer for the faith-departed
                                                  I ain't gonna be just a face in the crowd
                                                  You're gonna hear my voice
                                                  When I shout it out loud

User Image
                                                  ════════════════════════

MцgglєBоґи || Fїґ$т Уёaя || Цп₴оґтєd

════════════════════════

Joel looked around, certain that he was not going to enjoy this. Not by the fact that he didn't know what was going to happen, no, that Grayso had informed him about. Just by the fact that a hat was deciding where he should go. Rolling his eyes, he sat down on the stool when his name was called and waited. It wouldn't place himin somewhere he didn't belong, right?

■ ATHLETIC Joel is a very active individual, more apt to be out there and doing something. He is constantly playing sports as a result, and one of his favourites is football. He also as a result has a bit of a competitive streak, making him a bit cocky when it comes to sports.
                                                  ■ FRIENDLY Despite his cockiness, Joel happens to be a friendly individual. He's always willing to make friends, and has a ready smile on his face when he meets new people. His friendliness doesn't make him any less awkward than other people, however, he is willing to make the attempt to interact with people rather than avoid them.
                                                  ■ INTELLIGENT Contrary to the stereotypical dumb jock role, Joel is quite intelligent. While not nearly as intelligent as his cousin, he however is bright enough to ease through his lessons without too much difficulty. Thankfully he does not have his cousin's single-minded focus.
                                                  ■ ADVENTUROUS Joel is also adventurous. He has no problem with exploring things he has never been around, and will actively search out excitement in his life. This however can get him into trouble since he could run across things he isn't prepared to deal with.
                                                  ■ CONFIDENT He is also confident, without thankfully the problem of being conceited. He will admit when he has gone overboard and will admit his faults, however, what he is good at he knows and isn't afraid of his abilities.
                                                  ■ COURAGEOUS Perhaps because of it all, Joel is brave. He isn't afraid to take chances and step in the way if he needs to. He also believes that if he doesn't, then something worse might come around.

════════════════════════
                                                  Thinking: Let's see where I get put...
                                                  OOC:

Scrum

This is for the ones who stood their ground
                                                  For Tommy and Gina who never backed down
                                                  Tomorrow's getting harder make no mistake
                                                  Luck ain't even lucky
                                                  Got to make your own breaks

The Professor set the hat down carefully on the student's head. For a moment the hat was silent before speaking....
You're one who has a heart for adventure
And a soul for your fellow man
Comfortable with yourself, and not a bad mind either.
I think you'll find your home in...
Gryffindor!

a porg
Vice Captain

Anxious Astronomer

Deviled Dregs

Wealthy Lunatic

7,375 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Doggone It! 100
  • Little Bunny Foo Foo 100
PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2015 6:40 pm
L A Y T O N
B A N N I S T E R

Layton found his way to the Great Hall where the "hat" was located. It was absolutely humongous! All the older students were located at their respective tables, dressed in green, red, blue and yellow robes. It seemed that there was a separate table for the new first years. He took a seat, Devonte sitting next to him. His head tilted up to look at the ceiling.. or was it the sky? He recalled his parents mentioning the illusion that the ceiling produced, almost like it was open. Hm.

Layton's personality
Perky. Bubbly. Cheerful! Who wouldn't be? The world is a beautiful place, is it not? I think that life only stinks when you make it that way, and if I can, I'll always do my best to cheer your day up. I think that's just what this world needs, the way it is now, with all these wars and stuff. I don't like it, to say the least! Even though I can be pretty happy, I can be pretty sad too, though I tend to just push that away as much as I can. In terms of education, I'd say Dev is much smarter than me. I guess he just got the smart genes. Oh welll. Anyway, we were both homeschooled, and taught all about the wizarding world, so we both know quite a lot! But anyway, even if my mum and dad might spend a bit more time with Dev than they do with me, that doesn't bring me down. They're still good parents!

Name Here

OOC:

First Year ❖ Eleven Years Old ❖ Unsorted ❖ Single ❖ Pure-blood

User Image  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2015 6:42 pm
User Image
The Sorting Hat
User Image

Graydon Ironshield
User Image

User Image

════════════════════════

Fɪʀsᴛ Yᴇᴀʀ |Ⅰ| Uɴsᴏʀᴛᴇᴅ |Ⅰ| Hᴀʟғ-Bʟᴏᴏᴅ

════════════════════════

Text.

Selina wasn't sure if she was disappointed or not, when she saw the Sorting was done simply by having an animated hat placed upon her head. She thought it was pretty cool when the knacky old hat started speaking and singing of its own accord. Despite being further down the list than others, she nearly jumped when her name was read aloud.

Right then Selina wasn't feeling particularly brave, clever, ambitious, or hardworking enough to be put anywhere. 'What if the hat can't find a place for me?' she wondered silently. Still, she knew it wouldn't do to appear nervous in front the whole of the student body, or the teachers whom sat in judgement upon the dais above them all.

To all appearances, she walked resolutely from the mass of other unsorted students with a deliberate pace, before taking a seat on the stool. As the hat was lowered in place, so the brim sat upon the bridge of her nose, she asked it in a very soft voice, "Are you sentient?"

People say that, in a nutshell, I'm a bit of an odd duck. Not a nutter, you understand, it’s just most folk aren’t exactly sure what to make of me. By and large, I don’t like dealing with a lot of people at one time, and crowds make me nervous. By turns I can be quite cheerful, and then suddenly be dark and moody, and I’m usually good for a snide quip or two. ‘Cynical’ would be a good descriptor of me, but then after the things I’ve seen in my life, I don’t really have faith in much of anything.

I can assure you, though, I’m dead serious when it comes to my schoolwork; competence only comes through hard work and practice, I will seek out extra credit projects to pad my grades, and you’ll usually find me in a library somewhere studying.

I enjoy My books, of course. I’m what one might call a bibliophile, and I have a rather sizeable collection of books, classics by Muggle authors, and Wizarding authors (and nothing by that fraud, Gilderoy Lockhart) as well as more obscure works, some of which are quite valuable and rare. I also have managed to collect a number of books on the subjects of magic, spellcraft, and the like (some of which will be coming with me in my trunk), including my own formulary (useful for Potions class).

My favourite classes are Charms, Potions and Herbology; the latter two being quite closely related; enough so I will be cross-referencing my formulary with notes usable in both. I’m also looking forward to Magical Theory, from the books I’ve read on the subject, I’ve got a lot of questions to ask the professors, and some of the positions I’ve read about I am interested in debating with them.

I really don’t like being pestered while I’m trying to get something done either, now I think about it. I can be reading a really good book, or totally into the study of a particular bit of magic, and sure as the sun rising somebody feels the need to intrude upon my personal space because they have some ‘important’ bit which absolutely demands my undivided attention at that precise second.

I’m also officially bummed they won’t teach Care of Magical Creatures until Third Year, and only as an Elective; I’m given to understand previous years got to see hippogriffs and dragons.

════════════════════════
                                                    OOC:

I assure you my dear, I've a mind just as you have,
Many minds I have seen, and each one different.
You worry that I cannot place you.
Worry not, for you have brilliance about you
And a dedication to learning that makes me know just where to put you.
Ravenclaw!

a porg
Vice Captain

Anxious Astronomer

a porg
Vice Captain

Anxious Astronomer

PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2015 6:44 pm
User Image
The Sorting Hat
User Image

Red Hot Missy
User Image
                                                                If I could have my wasted days back
                                                                Would I use them to get back on track?
                                                                Stop to warm at Karma's burning
                                                                Or look ahead, but keep on turning?

Where am I? Great Hall
                                                                Who am I with? Everyone
                                                                What am I doing? Being Sorted
                                                                What am I thinking? That bloody Hat better put me where I belong.
                                                                What am I wearing? First Year Uniform

Hamilton approached the hat carefully when his name was called. He knew where he was going, and he refused to believe he would go anywhere else. After all, everyone in his family went to Slytherin, it was only natural that he did as well. He sat down in the seat and gave the hall a haughty look before the Hat was lowered onto his head.

People say that, in a nutshell, I'm stuck up and snobbish. I am pretty much spoiled, and I do what I want. I am particularly rude and arrogant to those that I see as beneath me, including (but not limited to) girls, squibs, house elves, mudbloods, muggles, blood traitors, and the like. I also happen to be superior to them. After all, I am the best breeding that you can get. I am not above doing sneaky or underhanded things to get my way, and prefer to be dishonest when I feel like it. It has worked in the past for me, so I see no reason it shouldn't work in the future.

OOC:

Do I have the strength
                                                                To know how I'll go?
                                                                Can I find it inside
                                                                To deal with what I shouldn't know?

The Professor set the hat down carefully on the student's head. The hat hardly touched the student's head before shouting...
Slytherin!

PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2015 6:45 pm
User Image
D E V O N T E
B A N N I S T E R

Year One │ Eleven Years Old │ Unsorted │ Single │ Pureblood

Devonte looked to the ceiling as well as the group of students was led into the hall, thinking almost the exact same as Layton. He took a seat next to his brother, elbow propping itself onto the table as they waited for the sorting, students immediately being sorted into their respective houses. He was just barely paying attention, noting that he could've probably guessed what house they would be sorted into before they did. Reading people was too easy.

Devonte's personality
Cold. Cruel. An evil, arrogant shell of a person. Cocky. Sly. The one person you wouldn't want to trust, yet it seems like everyone does? I wonder why that is. I guess it's because of my charming demeanor. As I was saying, being raised by a very prestigious family, I've been a very prestigious child. And it shows. If we meet, chances are, I'm better than you. I can't put it any nicer than that, because it is the absolute truth. Besides that, I like to think I'm quite smart when it comes to mathematics and reading comprehension, which I would say, almost makes me a jack of all trades, since the two subjects are vastly different and I am incredibly skilled in both. My parents seem to think I'll be skilled in Quidditch as well, which I very much hope for. I'd love to go down in history as one of the greats.

OOC:

Name Here

"You exist because I allow it, and you will end because I demand it."

Deviled Dregs

Wealthy Lunatic

7,375 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Doggone It! 100
  • Little Bunny Foo Foo 100

a porg
Vice Captain

Anxious Astronomer

PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2015 6:50 pm
User Image
The Sorting Hat
User Image

AlphaApex
L A Y T O N
B A N N I S T E R

Layton found his way to the Great Hall where the "hat" was located. It was absolutely humongous! All the older students were located at their respective tables, dressed in green, red, blue and yellow robes. It seemed that there was a separate table for the new first years. He took a seat, Devonte sitting next to him. His head tilted up to look at the ceiling.. or was it the sky? He recalled his parents mentioning the illusion that the ceiling produced, almost like it was open. Hm.

Layton's personality
Perky. Bubbly. Cheerful! Who wouldn't be? The world is a beautiful place, is it not? I think that life only stinks when you make it that way, and if I can, I'll always do my best to cheer your day up. I think that's just what this world needs, the way it is now, with all these wars and stuff. I don't like it, to say the least! Even though I can be pretty happy, I can be pretty sad too, though I tend to just push that away as much as I can. In terms of education, I'd say Dev is much smarter than me. I guess he just got the smart genes. Oh welll. Anyway, we were both homeschooled, and taught all about the wizarding world, so we both know quite a lot! But anyway, even if my mum and dad might spend a bit more time with Dev than they do with me, that doesn't bring me down. They're still good parents!

Name Here

OOC:

First Year ❖ Eleven Years Old ❖ Unsorted ❖ Single ❖ Pure-blood

User Image

Your spirit shines quite brightly,
Even when the world around you grows dim.
You'll find a home in...
Hufflepuff!

PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2015 6:51 pm
User ImageXXXXXXXXXXXXXUser Image

Wearing ✧(Where) Lake ✧(What) About to cross it ✧ (With) Ivy, Joel, and Adaline ✧(Why) To get to the school

#5E7D7E #318CE7]
                                                Eira thought the boat travel was wonderfully short and to the point and even when the mermaid made an appearance she kept her eyes on her shoes. When Adaline had grasped her hand she felt a jolt run up her arm and had to fight the urge to pull back quickly and scoot away from the other girl but amazingly she kept herself there. She even squeezed the hand once or twice when she felt the boat rock and felt her stomach unsettle. Finally they arrived at the boathouse and were taken to the castle which looked even larger and magnanimous up close. While she knew what there was to expect she was still nervous about the prospect of being sorted. Not so much the actual act but where she could potentially be placed. It shouldn't really matter since she was sure no one was going to talk to her anyway but still, seven years of loneliness was still rather lonely. As her name was called she took a slow moderate breathe and walked up to the stool and sat upon it awaiting her fate.

■ QUIET With two parents who work a lot sometimes leaving just her, her sister, and some house elves alone in their home, she's used to the quiet that sometimes permeates the house and has come to like it. Even when surrounded by her family she can usually be the quiet one among them. Plotting notwithstanding.
■ INQUISITIVE She loves to find out how things work or how things interact or blend with one another. It's why she loves magic so much! If you do this you'll get that, so logical and yet so amazing!
■ MATURE She's very mature for her age sometimes leaving her only school age interactions with just her sister. She spends most of her time in the library reading any books she can reach on either her tiptoes or with the nearest stool.
■ SMART As said before, she'll read just about anything she can get her hands on and can understand it and process it faster than some of those in her age group.
■ IN CONTROL It's sort of an odd personality trait but it is noted that she has excellent control over her accidental magic, which she has said she doesn't like the name "accidental" if she can control it.
■ UNTRUSTING Perhaps it's due to her kidnapping at her early age or that her only best friend is her younger sister but she doesn't trust easy. It normally takes a year and cache of chocolate to get half her trust.

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

I, I'll get by
I, I'll survive
When the world's crashing down
When I fall and hit the ground
I will turn myself around
Don't you try to stop me
I, I won't cry

Yukina101
Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100

a porg
Vice Captain

Anxious Astronomer

PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2015 6:59 pm
User Image
The Sorting Hat
User Image

AlphaApex
User Image
D E V O N T E
B A N N I S T E R

Year One │ Eleven Years Old │ Unsorted │ Single │ Pureblood

Devonte looked to the ceiling as well as the group of students was led into the hall, thinking almost the exact same as Layton. He took a seat next to his brother, elbow propping itself onto the table as they waited for the sorting, students immediately being sorted into their respective houses. He was just barely paying attention, noting that he could've probably guessed what house they would be sorted into before they did. Reading people was too easy.

Devonte's personality
Cold. Cruel. An evil, arrogant shell of a person. Cocky. Sly. The one person you wouldn't want to trust, yet it seems like everyone does? I wonder why that is. I guess it's because of my charming demeanor. As I was saying, being raised by a very prestigious family, I've been a very prestigious child. And it shows. If we meet, chances are, I'm better than you. I can't put it any nicer than that, because it is the absolute truth. Besides that, I like to think I'm quite smart when it comes to mathematics and reading comprehension, which I would say, almost makes me a jack of all trades, since the two subjects are vastly different and I am incredibly skilled in both. My parents seem to think I'll be skilled in Quidditch as well, which I very much hope for. I'd love to go down in history as one of the greats.

OOC:

Name Here

"You exist because I allow it, and you will end because I demand it."

You seem to me like someone who loves the game of chess
Always plotting, always moving
You would love to achieve greatness
And would stop at nothing to gain it.
You'll find those of like mind in...
Slytherin!

PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2015 7:00 pm
User ImageXXXXXXXXUser Image

Harper stepped up toward the hat, her stomach filled with butterflies. She felt like she had waited her entire life for this moment. She stepped forward, her hands shaking ever so slightly. This was probably the first time she'd really been so nervous for something. It was ruining her usual perky attitude and it was not comfortable. She just wanted to get over this so she could know and join into her new family. She sat on the stool, more than a little uncomfortable about a living and talking hat being put on top of her head. The thing was a tiny bit creepy. She stretched a bit and waited for the hat to touch her head.

Quote:
People say I'm just a little bit everything. I love having fun and making new friends which means I tend to make myself the center of attention and to be completely honest I love it. I'm definitely not very shy, I just can't stand not being involved in things. I love to talk to everyone and just to talk period. I can make friends with pretty much everyone and I tend to stand by people and it is hard to loose my trust but if you do something to disappoint me it takes a lot to earn that trust back. I am pretty much ridiculously spastic and love to do everything and anything (though keep in mind I have standards so not really everything. I'm also not willing to back down from what I believe in). I also will stand up for everyone and protect people to the best of my abilities and will not anyone bully others around me. I just love people and hate those who make anyone feel like they are less than absolutely perfect, because everyone is! I'm just pretty much awesome and maybe a tiny bit conceited but it probably just makes me even more fun. What can I say people love me as much as I love them. I'm just chipper and like to look on the bright side of life.

Maiya Kajuji

Beloved Bloodsucker

10,625 Points
  • Team Edward 100
  • First step to fame 200
  • Team Jacob 100

a porg
Vice Captain

Anxious Astronomer

PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2015 7:08 pm
User Image
The Sorting Hat
User Image

Yukina101
User ImageXXXXXXXXXXXXXUser Image

Wearing ✧(Where) Lake ✧(What) About to cross it ✧ (With) Ivy, Joel, and Adaline ✧(Why) To get to the school

#5E7D7E #318CE7]
                                                Eira thought the boat travel was wonderfully short and to the point and even when the mermaid made an appearance she kept her eyes on her shoes. When Adaline had grasped her hand she felt a jolt run up her arm and had to fight the urge to pull back quickly and scoot away from the other girl but amazingly she kept herself there. She even squeezed the hand once or twice when she felt the boat rock and felt her stomach unsettle. Finally they arrived at the boathouse and were taken to the castle which looked even larger and magnanimous up close. While she knew what there was to expect she was still nervous about the prospect of being sorted. Not so much the actual act but where she could potentially be placed. It shouldn't really matter since she was sure no one was going to talk to her anyway but still, seven years of loneliness was still rather lonely. As her name was called she took a slow moderate breathe and walked up to the stool and sat upon it awaiting her fate.

■ QUIET With two parents who work a lot sometimes leaving just her, her sister, and some house elves alone in their home, she's used to the quiet that sometimes permeates the house and has come to like it. Even when surrounded by her family she can usually be the quiet one among them. Plotting notwithstanding.
■ INQUISITIVE She loves to find out how things work or how things interact or blend with one another. It's why she loves magic so much! If you do this you'll get that, so logical and yet so amazing!
■ MATURE She's very mature for her age sometimes leaving her only school age interactions with just her sister. She spends most of her time in the library reading any books she can reach on either her tiptoes or with the nearest stool.
■ SMART As said before, she'll read just about anything she can get her hands on and can understand it and process it faster than some of those in her age group.
■ IN CONTROL It's sort of an odd personality trait but it is noted that she has excellent control over her accidental magic, which she has said she doesn't like the name "accidental" if she can control it.
■ UNTRUSTING Perhaps it's due to her kidnapping at her early age or that her only best friend is her younger sister but she doesn't trust easy. It normally takes a year and cache of chocolate to get half her trust.

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

I, I'll get by
I, I'll survive
When the world's crashing down
When I fall and hit the ground
I will turn myself around
Don't you try to stop me
I, I won't cry

You have a great intuition
And a great love to learn.
You'll feel right at home in...
Ravenclaw!

PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2015 7:12 pm
User Image
The Sorting Hat
User Image

Maiya Kajuji
User ImageXXXXXXXXUser Image

Harper stepped up toward the hat, her stomach filled with butterflies. She felt like she had waited her entire life for this moment. She stepped forward, her hands shaking ever so slightly. This was probably the first time she'd really been so nervous for something. It was ruining her usual perky attitude and it was not comfortable. She just wanted to get over this so she could know and join into her new family. She sat on the stool, more than a little uncomfortable about a living and talking hat being put on top of her head. The thing was a tiny bit creepy. She stretched a bit and waited for the hat to touch her head.

Quote:
People say I'm just a little bit everything. I love having fun and making new friends which means I tend to make myself the center of attention and to be completely honest I love it. I'm definitely not very shy, I just can't stand not being involved in things. I love to talk to everyone and just to talk period. I can make friends with pretty much everyone and I tend to stand by people and it is hard to loose my trust but if you do something to disappoint me it takes a lot to earn that trust back. I am pretty much ridiculously spastic and love to do everything and anything (though keep in mind I have standards so not really everything. I'm also not willing to back down from what I believe in). I also will stand up for everyone and protect people to the best of my abilities and will not anyone bully others around me. I just love people and hate those who make anyone feel like they are less than absolutely perfect, because everyone is! I'm just pretty much awesome and maybe a tiny bit conceited but it probably just makes me even more fun. What can I say people love me as much as I love them. I'm just chipper and like to look on the bright side of life.

Your heart is full of love
It overflows and envelops those who come near you.
Your loyalty will serve you well in...
Hufflepuff!

a porg
Vice Captain

Anxious Astronomer

Maiya Kajuji

Beloved Bloodsucker

10,625 Points
  • Team Edward 100
  • First step to fame 200
  • Team Jacob 100
PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2015 7:17 pm
User ImageXXXXXXXXXXXXXXUser Image

Emrynn stepped nervously forward toward the stool, swallowing hard each step her took. He was terrified, totally and completely. This weird little hat was about to decide his fate for the next seven years. It wasn't exactly a comforting thought. He sat down, trying to focus on good happy thoughts. Like bunnies, maybe he was eleven now but he still loved his bunnies...or rabbits. Whatever. He glanced at the hat and pushed his breath out slowly. Ooh this was more difficult than he had thought.

Quote:
People say that, in a nutshell, I'm quiet. It's not that I don't like to talk it's just that I prefer to listen. I can also be shy and don't like to start conversation. I am just find spending time alone thinking or making up stories, also reading. Though when I get comfortable around people and get started you can't get me to stop. People say that's when I turn into a goofball like my dad. I just like to have fun.

Great Hall

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 97 98 99 100 101 102 ... 180 181 182 183 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games