Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Avatar Battle Royale Guild: R.I.P. KING OF POP ;A;

Back to Guilds

Reply IT'S TIME TO D-D-D-D-D-DUEL
Talk Here (Spam Hut) Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 988 989 990 991 992 993 ... 1213 1214 1215 1216 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

The Pie

6,850 Points
  • Pie Feeder 50
  • Pie Enabler 100
  • Pie Hoarder by Proxy 150
PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2008 8:11 pm
Yeah. But internet crits are really all I have right now.

IRL artist buds = non-existant. My GF could crit me, but it's good to have more than one person givin' crits, I think. >:  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2008 9:07 pm
DrunkenStyle

@0ogi: Oh, cuz I was asking because you said you had children running around your school. You let kids run around in high school or something?

I have no damn idea.
D<
It was the ten minute break between our two-hour conservatory classes [I go to the Orange County Highschool of the Arts. Conservatory=extra curricular classes dealing with...art.
Unless you go my dumbass teacher's way and try and prove the point that my conservatory is, in fact, not an art, but an academic class [bullshit], then it's not really extra curricular [would you like a side of bullshit with that, sir?] or art [and some more bullshit for your wife and kids?]. :3]
ANYWAY
Music and theatre parents seem to think their kids can run through our school and disrupt our classes because their older children are in plays. Stupid parents working on stupid costumes in the stupid hallway.
>.>

@Zhou: I dislike babies to toddlers. Children under the age of ten, because ten is when they finally learn to GTFO when Jackie [0ogii to yous] sets a foot nearby.
I really love children from more polite states, though. Farmer-boys 'n such. Maybe not the smartest, but respectful. <3

Aww, no artist buds IRL for Pie? D:
That's what I had Toast for, 'til we went to different schools. :C
Now I'm judged by whether or not it's anime, since I draw cartoons, and supposedly cartoon art isn't as good/better than anime. [/sarcasm]
And, I swear, the next person in my conservatory to say "well, it looks like anime with ugly eyes" or "make the eyes more like this -insert anime eyes-" is going to get their nuts ripped off. D<
If they don't have any, I'm after their ovaries.  

0ogii

The Pie

6,850 Points
  • Pie Feeder 50
  • Pie Enabler 100
PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2008 9:13 pm
Yup. Pie gets no action boob-wise, and Pie gets no action art-buddy-wise.

SO COLD AND ALOOONE  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2008 9:26 pm
So what am I Pie, chopped liver? At least I think I critiqued whatever it was back then.

@Drunken: Yeah dude you should totally join the SDL, I have like six characters in it right now and I still gotta finish two more characters for it soon. You can join my imaginary team (since I haven't made a flag for it yet), Team Enso! Either that or join Hachiman.

@Oogii and the Kid Haters: You guys are nuts, I so want kids some day, and though I can't stand badass kids, I love good children. My seed shall be expended!!

@Zhou: Yeah dude, you should totally stop using burn for shading, it just doesn't do just to a pic and looks really unnatural, I can't really give you any ponters because I'm not that adept at anything yet.

About getting critiqued, I would love to get some constructive criticism on my work now that I think about it, whenever i post stuff on DA all I get is a bunch of compliments even though I know my work isn't that hot. I guess I gotta ask for it like Pie did.  

Zen Rider

The Pie

6,850 Points
  • Pie Feeder 50
  • Pie Enabler 100
PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2008 9:50 pm
Quote:
let's see, considering I suck at coloring and shading it seems I may not be of much help.

It looks like it follows the light source well......yeah, I've failed you, I don't know what to say XP

Oh well, at least you actually talked about the colouring/shading LIKE YOU WERE SUPPOSED TO.

EVERYONE ELSE WAS LIKE "OH YEAH THAT HAND IS SO WEIRD" and I was like "I KNOW IT IS, TALK ABOUT THE COLOURING BECAUSE I DIDN'T DRAW THE BODDIIEEESSS"

NARRRRR

EDITED  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2008 10:07 pm
Quote:
either way I'm sure the input I get will be helpful for next time.

Hehehe.....  

Zen Rider

act five

Tipsy Dabbler

4,600 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Forum Dabbler 200
PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2008 10:18 pm
I know I should gtfo because I have yet to be accepted/rejected, but.

MUSTIC AND THEATRE CHILDREN NEED TO SUFFER A SLOW, PAINFUL DEATH INVOLVING SALT, OPEN WOUNDS, AND TIM.
oh, and -snogs 0ogii-

That is all for now.

by the way thanks for telling everyone where you live and what school you go to and your name, 0ogii

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2008 10:24 pm
I forgot there are really stupid critiques. When I post up some art and they go "Looks like Avatar."

or "Looks like Avatar/DBZ/Bleach/Invader Zim/Iron Chef" makes me wanna smack them with my d**k, friend or not.

That's not critiquing and it's really annoying because all they do is compare it to a bunch of s**t they watched. But I don't mind if someone goes "Oh that's cool, kinda reminds me of Howl's Moving Castle" because it's not "looks like blahblah"

Also yeah those kids are dumb, 0ogi lawl.

Anyway, I might make my own SDL clan. I already have stuff in mind, and I bet the spider's the most overused symbol, so I'm gonna have to think of something else. If not, I got dibs on the spider.

But yeah. I want kids too. Make my kids appreciate s**t. And make em pimp. Make me proud.  

DrunkenStyle
Vice Captain

DrunkenStyle
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2008 10:26 pm
There's some new requests??

Gawwwd, I need to recruit some mods.  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2008 10:33 pm
Oh hai, I'm a member now.
XD

Tee hee.

Those kids are awful, though. The commerical dancers are bitches, too.

and our own conservatory has all these freshmen that shuld not have been accepted...

act five

Tipsy Dabbler

4,600 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Forum Dabbler 200

quaxcalibur
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2008 10:37 pm
I'm pissed as all hell right now. God damn been practicing so hard for today's battle and they cut our team off because we were #16 and they only wanted 12 teams...Makes me wanna lissen to some linkin park.

also: welcome in act five

lol@pie's avi

just puttin some frostin on Zhou's cake blaugh

I see a lot of people focus on developing their own style too early on in their career(I made this mistake too, now I'm having a tough time breaking my plateau). Get the basics down, then pump your own style from that. But don't forget the basics.

If you're stuck at where you should improve, and don't know where to go-it always helps to draw things from observation. By things I mean, anything you can think of, from as many different perspectives as possible. If you get bored, make your observational drawings half-imagined. Like say you draw a hallway, you can add veins, and goop to make it look like the inside of some alien hive-nest thingy.

After drawing many things from observation, you'll be able to be a better personal critic of the art you draw from scratch, and you'll notice that your eye is a lot more honest.

P.s- for getting better results from coloring, try copying movie stills with a decently large sized brush, Like a 20 pixel. Just lay down the most prominent colors, and watch the magic unfold...it's scary. Basically, what I learned most recently is that most of the coloring is "crude" and you only need to worry about using a smaller brush to paint where the details lie.

example: face, coloring a face should be relatively quick with a basic palette-then zoom in to detail nose, eyes and maybe lips. random side note: I see a lot of artists slightly pinkify the nose and cheeks.  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2008 10:47 pm
you can call me pandie. 0ogii does...

i like nicknames
a lot

thanks for the welcome
^^

act five

Tipsy Dabbler

4,600 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Forum Dabbler 200

quaxcalibur
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2008 11:03 pm
arite then, pandie it is 3nodding

What's your favorite ice cream flavor? blaugh  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2008 11:09 pm
I'll call you Five because there's no way in hell I'll ever remember PANDIE.

Also, DS, if you want, you can re-mod me.
I check things on the internet pretty obsessively now.

Actually, no, I take that back. Being a mod would mean I might have to draw stuff for this guild again if the need ever arises.

/HORRIBLE PAL

/TOTAL d**k  

The Pie

6,850 Points
  • Pie Feeder 50
  • Pie Enabler 100

The Pie

6,850 Points
  • Pie Feeder 50
  • Pie Enabler 100
PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2008 11:32 pm
WHY CAN'T YOU JUST GET SOMEONE ELSE, DS?

Also, why are Cholesan and Seric still on there? rofl They're practically dead. ; A ; I guess Marshu's dead too, but I sort of know about his situation in a stalker-ish sort of way he's cool.

EDIT
I take that back, I think Marshu is dead too.

LET'S NOMINATE PEOPLE.  
IT'S TIME TO D-D-D-D-D-DUEL

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 988 989 990 991 992 993 ... 1213 1214 1215 1216 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games