Submit

Your thoughts?
  Wow! That's awesome!
  Eh... it's okay I guess.
View Results

Sketch-Inu
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2007 12:54 pm

Yeah me too, I think it's better when you follow the guide. Yes it is good to experiment a little on your own, since you can always go back to your last action and erase what you did that was a mistake. But I feel there's no harm in learning to better yourself in a talent. I don't think being self taught is any better really. Sure it is impressive, but it makes it sound to me like if you learn things from school to better yourself your not as talented. You either got it or you don't, how you better yourself doesn't make you any different.

That wasn't to anyone in particular, just how I feel after seeing so many saying how self taught they are. It may be nice you can teach yourself, but learning how to be better other ways have no shame to them. Your a great artist if you can do it period, doesn't matter how. All people need is practice and to keep drawing. x3

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2007 1:51 pm
Introduction to Computer Graphics had, I think, the newest Photoshop version. So I learned a little there. Web Page Design has an older version, I think 7, and I learned a few different things there. And, I experimented with both version on my own time and with tutorials.  

jagged1
Crew

4,000 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Voter 100
  • Window Shopper 100

Sketch-Inu
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2007 3:00 pm

Yeah, I studied CS2, now I'm just winging CS3, but their close to the same thing just more advanced. I'm planning on trying this one sky tutorial someone has on deviantart. Someone else used it and they did a very nice sky, so I think I'm going to try it. I'm also trying to get these new grass brushes from DA but they wont load for some reason D:

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2007 9:43 pm
Isn't there a set to default option to prevent that, Death-chan?  

Bitchboots
Captain

Divine Sex Symbol

Key_of_Ra

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2007 11:18 am
I cant draw using Photoshop. It's completely impossible for me. I need to use pencils or ink. (charcoal works too)  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2007 12:25 am

Oh hell me neither. Those who draw on the computer usually use a tablet thats like using a pencil. But thats besides the point. Photoshop for me and most other artists I know use photoshop to color the pictures they draw by hand.

Sketch-Inu
Vice Captain

Kaiba
Crew

Beloved Businessman

7,700 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Timid 100
PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2007 9:56 am
^____^ I named my tablet Kisara, because when it's active, the light glows blue.  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2007 4:34 pm
XD That's so awesome. And I got tablet art from you before! surprised <3  

jagged1
Crew

4,000 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Voter 100
  • Window Shopper 100

Sketch-Inu
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2007 5:51 pm

Thats cool xD and so fitting. I want a tablet, but I'm content with my pencils and pens x3 The only thing thats a downer is that the lines would look better if I did it on a tablet.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2007 7:08 pm
I don't really want a tablet. They are cool, but I don't draw that much so I'm good with doodling on paper.  

jagged1
Crew

4,000 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Voter 100
  • Window Shopper 100

tasogarenootome

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2007 2:41 am
Awesome pic, it really does look cool! LOL next time you should give the Pharaoh the two tinted moe eyes (a la Haruhi or Kanon)

I envy your mad drawing skills! I have Paint Shop Pro and a tablet, but I'm still struggling with the basics.  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2007 6:50 pm
Wow. So...purdy...*drool*  

zhennnie

Feline Lead

6,750 Points
  • Professional Snowfriend Architect 250
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Cat Fancier 100

Bitchboots
Captain

Divine Sex Symbol

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2007 3:27 pm
Kaiba
^____^ I named my tablet Kisara, because when it's active, the light glows blue.
My compy is like that. It's actually three different colors at the same time: the tower light and the LCD monitor glow blue; the external HD, speakers and modem glow green; and the keyboard glows orange. The computer itself is black.  
Archives - Read old threads here

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff