Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Sims Guild

Back to Guilds

A guild for all things Sims created by Maxis/EA. 

Tags: simulation, god games, story telling, custom, Sims 

Reply Sims Q&A and Help
My babies are gone!! And my dog! D:

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

JadeDragonSoul

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2007 2:22 pm
I went to go play my 'main' family today, and to my horror, the newborn, toddler, and the dog wasn't showing on the family pop up. Hoping it was a glitch, I load the family and is relieved to see the 'family portrait' with them all in it.....but then when the house loads, only the parents are in the house. No newborn, toddler, or dog! D: I checked their memories, and for when the babies were born it doesn't show their picture or name! crying I'm devastated over this particular family. It didn't happen with any other family, though since I got the Sims Pets it was the only family with a pet in the neighborhood.

Now, where something may have messed up is when I downloaded two patches off of the official site, for University and Pets?

Also, I did transfer my entire Sim game from one computer to this one, however I'm pretty sure I played the family even after and they were fine.

Has this happened to anyone else? Is there something I can do file wise? Again, its only the newborn, toddler, and dog that are missing. The parents are both fine.

emo

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2007 5:00 pm
well, either:

1. you didn't save your game for some reason, maybe accedent.

2. or if you had the Move_objects on cheet, along with boolprop, they tend to mix things up together, and you come out with that. Once i lost my child from it. And i believe it's just a hazzard with the cheats.

Sugarmuffincrumblecakes

Dapper Consumer

Kitties_at_the_disco

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2007 8:09 pm
wow, thats weird.... i dont see how the parents were fine, but they werent... are you sure u saved?  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2007 9:38 pm
Yes I'm positive, or else I wouldn't have had the memories still either! sad
And I don't think I used that cheat.

JadeDragonSoul

Menaceman

Tricky Hoarder

11,450 Points
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Rebuilder 100
PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2007 5:57 am
By the sounds of things with the fact that the parents still have the memories but no pictures, I think you have some how deleted the character data for the newborn, toddler and dog. Maybe it happened when you copied the files across.  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2007 12:47 pm
Menaceman
By the sounds of things with the fact that the parents still have the memories but no pictures, I think you have some how deleted the character data for the newborn, toddler and dog. Maybe it happened when you copied the files across.

Do you think there is any way I could recover those files? Because that's what I was thinking.
But I was so sure I played even after I transfered them. Ah, I don't know. confused

JadeDragonSoul

Menaceman

Tricky Hoarder

11,450 Points
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Rebuilder 100
PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2007 6:19 am
Do you have SimPE? You could probably scan the neighbourhood and see if their data is still in their somewhere.  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2007 10:40 am
Just a car crash away... ;;

O___O
That bites.
It could have been a combination of things you were using/doing.
I hate how sometimes long after someone dies moves out of a house they still appear in the portrait for the loading screen and in the neighborhood house display thingy.
xD

-----

twisted retro maggot

maggoty tacos
Crew

Friendly Regular

7,650 Points
  • Super Tipsy 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Signature Look 250

breezahisakata

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2007 3:45 pm
twisted retro maggot
Just a car crash away... ;;

O___O
That bites.
It could have been a combination of things you were using/doing.
I hate how sometimes long after someone dies moves out of a house they still appear in the portrait for the loading screen and in the neighborhood house display thingy.
xD

-----

twisted retro maggot

They do?! I don't think I've let any of my sims die yet (except one, but I brought her back to life), so I haven't seen this yet. That would totally freak me out, though; the buggers' ghosts are out for revenge. eek
The PE idea sounds good though- at least then you'll know whether their files are in the game are not, and take it from there. No idea why that would happen, have you tried the official site's chat board?  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2007 10:02 pm
PE? sweatdrop

I tried making an account on the official forums, but I ran into technical difficulties, I think. It was a really slow forum, nothing seemed to have replies anyway.

JadeDragonSoul

Skittlies

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2007 6:27 pm
If you want them bad so badly, I suggest you born another Toddler, dog, and something, and if you don't have enough money, use the boolprop testingcheatsenabled true and go to "spawn", and tombstone LD, Use it on the sim, and put pregant or something I really forgot), Once you are pregnant, use the tombstone, and do speed up my pregnany, it will speed it up really fast! If you want to capture video, or take a picture of it, I suggest you slow down the time to the middle, when your sim is ready to born, it will zoom closer to them. This way you know when they are having the baby, and capture/picture it. If you remember how ur toddler lookd in the first place, you can make it look like that, by buying the Mirror, if you dont have enough money use boolprop testingcheats enabled true, and type motherlode. this earns you large money everytime! and buy mirror in decorative. Change the look of the toddler, and you'll have the exact baby as last time! If baby was not boy/girl what you wanted, use the cheat to change its gender! and use the cheat to rename baby too. Now, I thin it'll work if you go rebuy the dog again, since your rich, and the other... Good luck with that info!~  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2007 6:29 pm
You can only use boolprop testingcheats enabled true , if you want to make your sim pregnant and get a newborn baby again! all you have to do is use boolprop, and shift click ur sim, and press new baby, good luck!~  

Skittlies

randomchild91

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2007 2:24 pm
Something simialar happened when i looked at Ophelia's (strangetown) family tree. It didn't show any pic of her parents, just their names. It was just a blank square. But it was like that when I installed the game.

If all else fails and u have pics of the family b4 the kids dissapeared, just remake them w/ the dog and toddler and delete the original family.  
Sims Q&A and Help

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games