Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Sailor Moon Guild

Back to Guilds

A guild for those who love Sailor Moon. (Big Fourum RP needs more players). 

Tags: Sailor moon, Moon, Roleplay, Anime, Manga 

Reply Home
Experience or Power?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

autumn_rabbit13

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2007 7:00 pm
I've alway thought that Jupiter should be the leader of the senshi instead of Venus. This is probably because I like Greek/Roman Mythology so much, and Jupiter/Zeus was the King of the gods. Sailor Jupiter is way more powerful that Venus I think. Venus is the leader cause she was the first senshi...What is your opinion? Or do you think another senshi like Mars, Neptune, Pluto, ect. should be the leader?  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2007 8:15 pm
I always thought Venus was the leader based on her ability to think logically and with her heart. She was neither too emotional nor too brainy. With Jupiter might be more powerful then Venus, she's also ruled by emotion and she's more inclined to run into battle blindly without thinking of the consequences. Next to Haruka, she considered the most protective of the scouts and quickly becomes angered when she finds out that someone has hurt them or something.

Honestly, I'm more of a Mars fan myself, but I think she has to much baggage to be the leader. Out of everyone, Venus is much more level headed... rolleyes Jupiter is more of the mommy of the group and only cares about keeping her friends safe and out of harms way. She’s kinda hothead…like Zues, by the way, and has to be reminded to calm down at times. Venus I feel, cares for her friends a lot and wants them to be safe, but knows that her duty as a protector of Earth and the Princess always comes first.

But I think the connection with the Gods is based on their personality and their attacks, not the ranking. I like Jupiter second, I think she's cool. She can kick a** but is extremely domestic...thus proving why I think she more of a protector then a leader.  

XxLethal-SirenxX

autumn_rabbit13

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2007 2:05 pm
Hmm I guess so. Mercury is logical too, so is Neptune...Isn't there something where Neptune was fighting before Venus, or around the same time as her? Why do you think Mars has too much baggage to be leader? whee All of them know they have to protect Earth and the Princess. Not just Venus. Sorry if I am being a pain, it's just bugging me about Venus...I like her and all, but I am looking at the other scouts too.

Pluto-Can't cause she has to guard the Gate of Time.
Saturn- She's young, and emo.
Neptune-Possibility
Uranus-too emotional
Jupiter- same as Uranus
Mars-possibility
Mercury- possiblility, but thinks too logicaly and not open minded.  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2007 3:29 pm
From what I've read it seems mostly based on experience. That and <<; The Sailor V comic came before Sailor Moon might have something to do with it.

As for the connection o.o; Well I can understand it but I usually confuse myself.

To me, Venus and Mars are a combo team- like Neptune and Uranus in a way.

Mostly because I line them up and see them like: Venus the leader- the first of the reborn Senshi to awaken. She was the decoy Princess while battling the Dark Kingdom. Not to mention it was already fortold that her love life would always be troubled by the fact she's a senshi for the princess. Some or another *not really concentrating here.*

And then there's Mars who has similar issues and she seems more like the Second in command to Venus's first. Not quite sure why I pick her for that. She always seems to be that way to me.

Than it's Mercury, though I think she'd share the load with Jupiter on that.

And that's just the inner court.

The others I keep thinking Uranus and Neptune as leaders with Saturn and Pluto. Though they seem I dunno, like they're not a team with 'leaders' per say more like a group that works together without a leader but is still functional in some way. >>;  

Luamervara
Crew

Demonic Immortal

27,550 Points
  • Haunted Haute Couture: Cute 200
  • Fan Before It Was Cool 500
  • Are You Jelly? 500

o c e a n filled

Eloquent Phantom

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2007 4:00 pm
I think there's an easy answer to this: Because Naoko made it that way.

I'm not trying to be snide or anything; I think it's really that simple. She probably nominated Venus to be the leader because she thought Venus would be good at the job. Or maybe because she liked the character design and personality. Who knows. It could have been a random whim. Regardless, I really think it's as simple as saying "Because Naoko decided on Venus" and there isn't too much to read into.  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2007 5:44 pm
Rei Torano
Not to mention it was already fortold that her love life would always be troubled by the fact she's a senshi for the princess. Some or another *not really concentrating here.*

It's that she puts her duty before love, so she will never love. And there's my reason she's leader-- she's just so darn dedicated! smile But also outgoing and accepting, unlike Uranus and Neptune.

Oh, and some people say that Neptune was a Senshi before Venus, because we don't know how long she had been doing it before S. She could have been.  

c. Alluvion

Luamervara
Crew

Demonic Immortal

27,550 Points
  • Are You Jelly? 500
PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2007 9:53 pm
>>; I only say that Venus was one first because she's the first one introduced. She was the first 'Sailor'.  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2007 7:28 pm
Yea, I think Venus was fighting before all the Senshi was...but not as Sailot Venus. Ummm...but I think the whole leader thing goes back to the Silver Millennium. Uranus and Neptune work on completly different teams from Venus and Jupiter, that why neither of them can be consider leaders of the Inners. But I think they all have some deeply pained issue they have to deal with...so I don't think that had any bearings on why Venus is the leader. wink

But like ShadedGray, that how Naoko wanted it. It's normally best not to question it.
xp  

XxLethal-SirenxX

xXBubblemonXx

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2007 4:15 pm
Was sailor V ever leader??? Really? and doesn't sailor P join them? or does she stay in the time gate? crying Poor sailor P  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2007 5:45 pm
Well there are two distinct groups of senshi, Mercury, Mars, Jupiter and their leader Venus who has been the leader since silver millenium times because she was the one closest to the princess and was also the one to act as her decoy which is why she was the first of those five to awaken. They were Serenity's court.

Uranus Neptune and Pluto were led by Saturn and their duty was to the kingdom and to protect from outside threats, not directly to the princess (which Uranus tends to forget sometimes). To be fair, Pluto has her own job as well. Since they all bow to Serenity as ruler of the kingdom, they bow to her most trusted bodygaurd, Venus, as leader.

Not to say the others couldn't, it's just the way it's always been.  

chibihotachan

Luamervara
Crew

Demonic Immortal

27,550 Points
  • Are You Jelly? 500
PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2007 12:35 pm
I never thought of Saturn as the leader of the Outers- mostly because they were trying to kill her >>; And not to mention she well even if it is her duty, killed them off when they awakened her.

I mostly pin Uranus as the leader. Then again I also make the connection like this- both Uranus and Venus have swords - or rather Venus looks better with the Moon sword. I usually think of leaders with swords. Connection made by the thought of how old military leaders(ie movie dramatization but it seems to be common in all of them.) would lead a charge with said sword.

<<; But That's me being weird.  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2007 8:56 pm
Yeah, it's a little wierd that Saturn is the leader since she's supposed to be the sleeping senshi and it's usually a bad sign if she shows up, but that's also the signal. She unites the powers and also is responsible for transforming the outer senshi into their super form and for bringing awakening Eternal Sailor Moon. She really guides them and protects them. Saturn, like Venus is much more balenced then Neptune or Uranus (at leas when she is in control of her own marbles) and like I said, Pluto has her own job.

I really don't know why poor Saturn has to deal with the mutany of Uranus and Neptune except the outers job is to protect the kingdom and Saturn's power is potentially the biggest threat to everything.  

chibihotachan

c. Alluvion

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2007 2:49 pm
aqua_star93
Was sailor V ever leader??? Really? and doesn't sailor P join them? or does she stay in the time gate? crying Poor sailor P

Sailor Venus was said to be the leader in the Manga, and I know for sure that Pluto called Venus the leader many times in an early episode of Stars (Nehellenia arc). Sailor Pluto pops out sometimes. biggrin  
Home

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games