Welcome to Gaia! ::

The FIRST Shojo Beat Guild

Back to Guilds

Come visit us at The Shojo Beat Guild and talk about everything the magazine has to offer: Manga, Artists, J-music, and more!!! 

Tags: Shojo, Beat, Magazine, Tankoban, Girls 

Reply .: Shojo Beat :: The -now defunct- Magazine :.
September 07 Issue

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

kel aka gandy
Captain

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2007 7:17 pm
User Image
On the cover: Night from Absolute Boyfriend
(The cover is a special drawing of Night done specifically by Watase-sensei for Shojo Beat!!)
Volume 3, Issue 9

Inside:
Preview: Fall in Love Like a Comic by: Chitose Yagami
Normal Chapters of Crimson Hero, Sand Chronicles, Vampire Knight, and Absolute Boyfriend
Final Serialized chapter of Baby & Me
First two chapters of honey and clover
Manga spotlight on loveā˜…com
More DS games
DIY: Book into a purse
Article on Japanese Dorama
How to make Moon Food: Tsukimi
Japanese arcades
Drawing with Yuu
Article on Vampire Knight
And for subscribers, there are two postcards; one Baby & Me and one Vampire Knight
SB announced that they have licensed Arina Tanemura's I-O-N and Kaori Yuki's Fairy Cube

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2007 7:37 pm
So...my actual thoughts now. I loved the preview of Fall in Love Like a Comic. I've read some/all(?) of it online already, but I didn't really remember exactly what happened, so I can't wait to buy it. And I LOVE Rena's uniform. It's so cute!

Crimson Hero was ok this month. Not very exciting, but still good. I was glad to finally see more of the boys, though.

Sand Chronicles was really sad; I almost cried, it was so good though.

Vampire Knight was pretty darn interesting. I can't wait for next month to see what happens...stupid cliffhanger...

Absolute Boyfriend made me really happy, until like the last few pages of the chapter. I honestly don't really like Night that much, I'm rooting for Soshi.

As usual I didn't read Baby & Me, so I can't say anything.

I'm not really sure what I think of Honey and Clover yet. It kind of confused me there for a while... Obviously it's popular for some reason, but I'm not sure if I like it yet. Guess I'll just need to keep reading to see.

I really want to try that make a book into a purse thing...I think I'll go to the library and get a book for 25cents from the discard/used books sale so I can try.

I really wish they had picked something other than Baby & Me to put on a postcard. I love the VK one, it's beautiful. But I hate the Baby & Me one, it's just weird.

I can't wait for I-O-N and Fairy Cube! I've been waiting for Fairy Cube for forever, well...at least since I discovered a fan site for it while looking for Cain stuff :] And I've wanted to read I-O-N since I read a little about it in the Tanemura Arina Guild.

kel aka gandy
Captain

Asano Rain

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2007 1:00 am
Bah, I haven't gotten my copy yet. gonk

I did get to see the special cover that Watase-sensei drew for the Sep. issue and... uh, Night looks pretty damn funny on it. >____>; Pass.  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2007 10:50 am
Asano Rain
Bah, I haven't gotten my copy yet. gonk

I did get to see the special cover that Watase-sensei drew for the Sep. issue and... uh, Night looks pretty damn funny on it. >____>; Pass.

Yeah, I thought he looked a little funny too. I thought it was just me. It was kinda like he was a huge chibi... confused

kel aka gandy
Captain

Asano Rain

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2007 5:31 pm
I just got my own issue today in the mail, and yeah, Night looks effing weird. o_____o;

The Sand Chronicles chapter was fantastic, just like the first one, and yay~ Honey & Clover~ We get 2 chapters of this josei manga since (I assume) each chapter is a bit shorter than average. Hopefully that's how they continue to run the rest of the installments.

I don't care for the preview of Fall in Love Like a Comic, but I don't think I'm in the right demographic for it anyway, not to mention it's only a preview (phew).  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2007 11:34 am
Asano Rain
I just got my own issue today in the mail, and yeah, Night looks effing weird. o_____o;

The Sand Chronicles chapter was fantastic, just like the first one, and yay~ Honey & Clover~ We get 2 chapters of this josei manga since (I assume) each chapter is a bit shorter than average. Hopefully that's how they continue to run the rest of the installments.

I don't care for the preview of Fall in Love Like a Comic, but I don't think I'm in the right demographic for it anyway, not to mention it's only a preview (phew).

Yeah, they said on the editor's page that they would run 2 chapters of Honey and Clover every issue for the forseeable future.

kel aka gandy
Captain

Asano Rain

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2007 2:44 am
kel aka gandy
Asano Rain

Yeah, they said on the editor's page that they would run 2 chapters of Honey and Clover every issue for the forseeable future.

Happiness~ Hachikuro ran in a josei manga magazine so I never picked it up (since I pretty much furigana to udnerstand manga), but I've wanted to read it for a while now. I watched a few episodes of the anime and while it was good, I'm just not an anime-watcher.

I'm hoping that Hagu will grow on me, though. I just don't like her at all from what I've been exposed to, manga and anime-wise (I went up to the episode where Takemoto and Hagu were playing with dolls or something at Shuuji's house). I get easily annoyed by characters who act many years younger than they really are (e.g., Honey from Ouran) unless they have a reason for acting that way (i.e., some sort of emotional trauma or they're just mentally retarded). Apparently Hagu matures so I'm hoping it happens sooner rather than later...  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2007 2:55 pm
I agree with you guys about the cover. I really wish Watase-sensei would do a Soshi cover for SB...but I guess that's asking a lot since she just did this cover. I loved the Vampire Knight chapter this month!!!! >.< I think I'm going to like Honey & Clover though it's different from what I expected. The characters are crazier than I thought they'd be. ^-^ And I can't wait for Fall in Love like a Comic to come out. 4laugh  

panda21

4,200 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Wall Street 200

Asano Rain

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2007 4:55 pm
panda21
I agree with you guys about the cover. I really wish Watase-sensei would do a Soshi cover for SB...but I guess that's asking a lot since she just did this cover. I loved the Vampire Knight chapter this month!!!! >.< I think I'm going to like Honey & Clover though it's different from what I expected. The characters are crazier than I thought they'd be. ^-^ And I can't wait for Fall in Love like a Comic to come out. 4laugh

I totally would've loved if she'd done a special cover with Riiko, Soushi, and Night on it instead of a funny-looking Night holding Riiko's hand. -___-;  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2007 9:38 am
Asano Rain
panda21

I totally would've loved if she'd done a special cover with Riiko, Soushi, and Night on it instead of a funny-looking Night holding Riiko's hand. -___-;
Yeah! And why is there one polished fingernail?  

panda21

4,200 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Wall Street 200

Clayra

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2007 4:22 pm
I can't wait to get my issue!!
Why hasn't it gotten to me yet?  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2007 4:22 pm
The issue was good but Night looks really weird on the
cover. I'm starting to like the new series Honey and Clover.
I really like Vampire Kngiht and Sand Chronicles! I wonder if the
new series Haruka: Beyond the Stream of Time will be a good manga
series next issue.

ellehciMMichelle

mewmewmanga

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2007 5:34 pm
I loved the cover of the issue! It was so perfect!! Night is the best!!! I was freaking out at the end of absolute boyfriend!!

I still can't believe that Nana isn't being run!! I've loved it since the first issue of s.b.!!!! When they said that they weren't continuing it, I almost had a heart attack! I don't really know if I like sand chronicles yet. It's really dramatic so I might not. But we'll see

I'm so happy Baby and Me is finally going!! I've hated it from the beginning and I can't believe that they kept it in fo so long! I mean they should've kept Godchild and replaced Baby and Me with V.K.!!!

Speaking of V.K. , OMG!!! By the end of this chapter, I was drooling over Zero soo badly!!! I LOVE HIM!!!! Every week, it's soo good!!! Everything Matsuri Hino does is soo awesome!! I can't wait to see wait happens to "the woman"

I hated Crimson Hero as always! It's so horrible and boring! I can't believe people actually like it!!

I don't really know about Honey and Clover yet! It was kinda weird and confusing but it seems like it could be really funny. There hasn't been a really great comedy yet so maybe this will be it!  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2007 2:42 am
I'm personally glad God Child is out of the magazine. it's a great series, to be sure, but I honestly think that unless they were going to run the Cain Saga first, they shouldn't have put God Child in the magazine at all. It doesn't give sufficient back story and just drops the readers right in the middle without explaining how the characters all came together (granted there was a several year break between the Cain Saga and God Child series while Yuki-sensei worked on Angel Sanc, and consequently, improved her art).

I'm a bit glad Baby & Me is gone too, but there were still a few chapters I liked. I'm not too excited about Harukanaru Toki no Naka de either, as I haven't heard too many good things about it, and I'm pretty much sick and tired of harem manga.  

Asano Rain

I Am Hello Kitty -tu_ut-

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2007 10:14 pm
Zero was totally hoT biggrin

I like Honey and Clover, soo thrilled about having 2 chapters each volume. heart  
.: Shojo Beat :: The -now defunct- Magazine :.

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games