Reply ~ Main Forum ~
would u wanna die or become death Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

i-- M a r i e --i

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2007 8:02 am
Why would you want to become any of those things? To die is not much fun stare And if you become death , you'l have to take the lives of your friends, loved ones, pets , mother, grand father away someday.  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2007 8:20 am
i'd rather be death, if i could be this death:
death
*if anyone here has seen yuyu hakusho*

Ayame_Rikimayu

Angel Bruja

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2007 11:49 am
Rellik San
OverlordMMM
Rellik San
Angel Bruja
OverlordMMM

.....but death cannot judge himself/herself......so who judges him?...

That's a good question. I don't think there is an actual answer.

Mankind would, as without mankind to believe in him, there is no personification of Death, as such, if we all deemed him to be killed, all we'd have to do is stop believing in death as a physical entity and more of what it truly is in my opinion, a metaphysical force with no persona.
...ahh...but here is the contradiction....if it is a force with no persona, then it still cannot be judged....

....and who is to say that Death with a persona would be able to have judgement since he would always be biased...in that case he could only choose to kill those who are deemed ready to die......and even then that would not be killing them, but rather allowing their souls to pass onto another realm.......much like a guide.......

......death could not have any persona in order to function, otherwise chaos would ensue, as people would try to better the world, rule it, or pass judgement based on arbitrary issues, which they couldn't possibly know all the details........and if this was the case, Death must be a higher power in order to know all, so that they could judge fairly on who may pass......but that again contradicts common knowledge as to what if fair.......unless that higher power understands something we do not.....if that is the case Death would be all-seeing and all-knowing......and if he is all-knowing, and all-seeing, wouldn't he be able to do much more since he has such knowledge?.......this would make him a god......and despite all this, Death did not change our world into perfection.......and if he could not create perfection.......that would also mean he is imperfect.......and because of that his judgement is swayed....so he creates a world where Death exists, so that he may have something to do........then he would be biased against all and judge those because he can, and not out of all-knowing, all-seeing powers................

.......confusing isn't it....heh......lets keep this going....its interesting.....

Ahhh but now you neglecting tradition, death just reaps the souls, he is not a guide in death, merely the caretaker... as such he need not have knowledge of all past actions to carry out his duties, as such, is allowed a personification, as he is still a fallible person, albeit one dedicated to his job, this fact also absolves him of any higher knowledge, then that needed to complete his task. Also bare in mind typically, death, exists outside of normal space time, as does his operation, how he keeps track, of who will die and when is via the traditional hour glasses, that count down to the sands the time when each living thing shall die. Meaning the knowledge is given to him selectively by another power, perhaps one that is the regulator of non-standard space time, as death himself would have to be more powerful then a god, as he also is required to reap the dead gods, this implies the gods themselves answer to a higher power, with whom death is personified figure, or a direct force, but nevertheless still an all powerful entity who can blink out gods, but this entity is never mentioned in terms of most religious texts, questioning whether or not this more-then-divine entity could not truly hold sway over the mortal realm and normal time space, hence his need to have a universal figure... in this case death, who can move in and out of regular space time, and is a single universal constant not effected by unknown quantities or chaos as it is more commonly referred.

*breaths again*

Chew on that. smile

In laymen terms: Death is given his knowledge and power, by an unknown constant that is more powerful then the gods, but due to lack of mortal belief can not take action out of its own space time, so he provides death the appropriate knowledge for him to act on, as death is a universal constant, unaffected by change, then he is immune to unpredictable quantities, like for instance, the human will to survive, and is able to carry out his assigned task, without needing knowledge or power over those he takes, absolving Death of any and all responsibility.

Also a good answer. It makes sense.  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2007 12:41 pm
Angel Bruja
Rellik San
OverlordMMM
Rellik San
Angel Bruja
OverlordMMM

Mankind would, as without mankind to believe in him, there is no personification of Death, as such, if we all deemed him to be killed, all we'd have to do is stop believing in death as a physical entity and more of what it truly is in my opinion, a metaphysical force with no persona.
...ahh...but here is the contradiction....if it is a force with no persona, then it still cannot be judged....

....and who is to say that Death with a persona would be able to have judgement since he would always be biased...in that case he could only choose to kill those who are deemed ready to die......and even then that would not be killing them, but rather allowing their souls to pass onto another realm.......much like a guide.......

......death could not have any persona in order to function, otherwise chaos would ensue, as people would try to better the world, rule it, or pass judgement based on arbitrary issues, which they couldn't possibly know all the details........and if this was the case, Death must be a higher power in order to know all, so that they could judge fairly on who may pass......but that again contradicts common knowledge as to what if fair.......unless that higher power understands something we do not.....if that is the case Death would be all-seeing and all-knowing......and if he is all-knowing, and all-seeing, wouldn't he be able to do much more since he has such knowledge?.......this would make him a god......and despite all this, Death did not change our world into perfection.......and if he could not create perfection.......that would also mean he is imperfect.......and because of that his judgement is swayed....so he creates a world where Death exists, so that he may have something to do........then he would be biased against all and judge those because he can, and not out of all-knowing, all-seeing powers................

.......confusing isn't it....heh......lets keep this going....its interesting.....

Ahhh but now you neglecting tradition, death just reaps the souls, he is not a guide in death, merely the caretaker... as such he need not have knowledge of all past actions to carry out his duties, as such, is allowed a personification, as he is still a fallible person, albeit one dedicated to his job, this fact also absolves him of any higher knowledge, then that needed to complete his task. Also bare in mind typically, death, exists outside of normal space time, as does his operation, how he keeps track, of who will die and when is via the traditional hour glasses, that count down to the sands the time when each living thing shall die. Meaning the knowledge is given to him selectively by another power, perhaps one that is the regulator of non-standard space time, as death himself would have to be more powerful then a god, as he also is required to reap the dead gods, this implies the gods themselves answer to a higher power, with whom death is personified figure, or a direct force, but nevertheless still an all powerful entity who can blink out gods, but this entity is never mentioned in terms of most religious texts, questioning whether or not this more-then-divine entity could not truly hold sway over the mortal realm and normal time space, hence his need to have a universal figure... in this case death, who can move in and out of regular space time, and is a single universal constant not effected by unknown quantities or chaos as it is more commonly referred.

*breaths again*

Chew on that. smile

In laymen terms: Death is given his knowledge and power, by an unknown constant that is more powerful then the gods, but due to lack of mortal belief can not take action out of its own space time, so he provides death the appropriate knowledge for him to act on, as death is a universal constant, unaffected by change, then he is immune to unpredictable quantities, like for instance, the human will to survive, and is able to carry out his assigned task, without needing knowledge or power over those he takes, absolving Death of any and all responsibility.

arrgh, my brain...  

Ayame_Rikimayu

Synyster-Reaper

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2007 8:56 pm
I'd rather be death than die because Death gets to go around killing everyone while when you die you have to go to the next world.  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2007 7:21 am
Lady Detarra
If I could be Death like in Dead Like Me then yes..yes I would become death.

that is exactly why I want to be come death exclaim razz  

Devils_lilboy

Disease of the Flesh

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2007 12:22 pm
I would like to be dead, but I do want to wander over the earth in stead of staying in heaven or hell if they exist.

And I want the be death also!  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2007 11:32 pm
DEATH  

Vaze-xzx

xCount Corbeaux

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2007 2:45 am
I would rather die than be death. If you are refrering to the death that is in charge of reaping souls...Than agan I would love to be at the same time...So it is a very hard questiong to answer...I'm not qutie sure now....
::Is all jumbled up::  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2007 1:03 pm
Angel Bruja
Rellik San
OverlordMMM
Rellik San
Angel Bruja
OverlordMMM

*breaths again*

Chew on that. smile

Yes. *begins chewing, swallows a few seconds later*  

Henneth Annun
Captain

DeathIsInLoveWithMe

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2007 6:18 am
Death is Questing for the (Almost) Impossible

Oh, but I AM Death x3 at least that's what my friends call me on gaia >>

Uhm... I wouldn't mind being Death for realz though... especially Terry Pratchet's Death xD

Won't you help her get her OMG?

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2007 9:37 am
Since I believe in god,Jesus,ghosts, spirits ( all sorts) and angels, I think that Angels of Death exist, spirits that help you cross over, that literally help you cut the tow that binds you with the flesh and take you over where you can either go on or be reincarnated. Basically do what is written in the book of death of the ancients egypts just from the spirit side. Yes I would not mind to have that job once I´m gone. We`ll see. biggrin  

osirisgoauldgoddess

Sadistic light

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2007 9:49 am
if you die where do you go??  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2007 12:10 pm
maylee_kun
if you die where do you go??

Everyone will tell you a different answer to that question depending on their religion. Atheists will tell you,that you go nowhere. It is up to you to either wait and see or scroll through all religions, experiences in your life, intuitions,always controlling with your heart and mind if it suits you until you find your own, tailored worldview.

I did it that way, had some guesses and found my guesses all confirmed in a book that I had not read before. Basically it was like if my guesses and experiences were like written down. it`s a rather "long to explain" belief, so I can give you the reference that summarizes my belief:

Johannes Greber: "Communication with the spirit world"

But even there are parts that I "leave open" and some things are not mentioned there which I however have learned elsewhere and adopted it from elsewhere.

But the core of my belief and where we go after we die is stated in that book. It would be very long if I would write it down. But when you die,you are not alone, you are guided and for a moment you have divine knowledge and you understand perfectly well what options you have. In the end everyone can come to heaven it only depends on yourself when you´re ready.Some people need one incarnation others 1000 incarnations, others want to remain to be acompanying spirits for people for a long while, others don`t want to leave earth, and much more. Basically the stages until the stage "heaven" are forms of energy and only if you want to swing in that frequence you can enter that sphere otherwise you are too heavy to be there. There are laws but you have it in your hands since your will is untouchable. There are consequenes on your decissions, but your will is paramount , the greatest gift we all received, the free will.

But then again, that is just me. I cannot speak for the rest. Different people will tell you different things and as always it is up to you to decide what to belief, what to do or not to do.  

osirisgoauldgoddess

~ Main Forum ~

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces