Welcome to Gaia! ::

Craftin' - A sewing, knitting and glue kind of place.

Back to Guilds

Reply Craftin'
Dumb Dog!

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Do you have this problem with a pet?
  Yes
  No
  I don't have a dog, cat, particularly frisky hampster, or younger sibling
View Results

Blue-eyes-green

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2007 9:32 am
The other day I was going to watch Finding Nemo with my mom, (she'd never seen it before) and wanted to work on an emboridered bookmark I was making while I watched. About twenty seconds after I'd got the DVD set up to play, my mom remembered that she wanted to start the laundry and asked me to go upstairs for the baskets. I said yes, so long as she watched my sewing stuff, because the dog would try to eat it.

I went and got the laundry, and when I re-entered the family room, I gave a big, long, loud, Star-Warsian "NO!!!!!!!!" as I layed eyes on our terrier happilly munching on my pin-cushion.

The dumb dogs alright, but I'm still finding the pins, and my mom apparently didn't realise that there was a reason I asked her to watch my stuff rather than just leaing it on the coffee table.

Does any one else have pets that attempt to eat their supplies?  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2007 11:09 am
No pets here. Though I do miss having cats.
However I do have a rather yarn-addicted 16 month old daughter who delights in taking apart whatever I happen to have left of the desk/sofa/in my knitting bag while I went to refill a drink/go to the bathroom/ swap veggie tales dvd/etc.... It can get rather bothersome. xd But she's so cute I can't stay mad for long. I just have her show me where she hid the missing knitting needle/crochet hook and call it even.
Though the last time I was at my parents house my dad's cat Jynx was getting very snuggly with my yarn basket, and when I was actually working on something he was all ">^0.0^<". I ended up tying a few scraps together and made him a little yarn pompom. He was very happy with it.... until he ate it and didn't have it anymore. xd

Kitsaria

Beloved Friend

5,400 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100

knitting_needle_ninja

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2007 1:13 pm
I only have two problems with my cat--she'll decide a ball of yarn is a play thing and run off with it, especially if it's recycled silk (it's like toned down kitty crack for her), and if I'm taking pictures of my artwork for devart, she wants to be front and center. I can't tell you how many pictures of cat butt I have thanks to that.

The upside is I got some very cute shots of her:

http://www.deviantart.com/deviation/52635985/

http://www.deviantart.com/deviation/52636097/

http://www.deviantart.com/deviation/52636228/  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2007 1:16 pm
I have a cat who chews on whatever yarn I'm working with, but she doesn't try to eat it. I am a little worried about crafting around my fiance's dog, though - especially after we're married and living together!  

Brunette_Star

Peppermint Elf

Moonlight Warrior

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2007 3:02 pm
Oddly enough, my cat shows no interest in my balls of yarn. However, when my socks are finish, she will come and carry them off. sweatdrop Weirdo cat. xd  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2007 1:26 am
I don't usually work on projects when my ferrets are out, so they aren't a problem. They will carry off socks if given half a chance though... so I don't give them the chance.  

ForestGreen

Green Fairy

SamuraiArren

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2007 7:01 am
My cat always sits on whatever I'm working on. She also likes to sniff and gnaw on my wool.  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2007 7:01 am
My landlady when I live in MA has a cat that is old and cranky. My yarn exists for her naps and no other eason- just ask her. xd She kept trying to knead on my half way done blanket- evil kitteh of d00m, she is. But she is cute, so much is forgiven.  

Silver Mist

KiwiDragon

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2007 8:48 pm
I feel your pain. My dog eats everything! Especially pillows. She doesn't care if you just bought to sleep on or if you painstakingly slaved over making it. She just wants to tear it apart and eat the fluff (which has provided some humilating for her incidents in the yard). I was recently devestated when my first plushie-a bunny was found torn apart! cry Some animals just like to eat stuff.  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2007 8:42 am
Momo wants it to be Halloween already,
My cats like chewing on the yarn as I work with it, little monsters.
And you should too...

Chaotic_Mind

4,700 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • Full closet 200

kochi~mochi

4,750 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Friendly 100
  • First step to fame 200
PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2007 8:39 pm
My own pets consist of my older sister (i have to take care of her like a pet, she totally counts.), so i don't really have a problem with my own pets. My best friend's cats occasionally try and hoard my yarn, and her sister's puppy tries to eat my yarn, and they both try and nibble on my knitting needles (not so much with the bamboo for some reason, just the plastic and metal. I dunno why....  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2007 11:43 pm
My cats like to rub on my knitting needles. I've also seen the large one eye up some of the needles I have, as if he wanted to eat them. I try to make sure most of my stuff is packed up and out of reach when I'm not using it.  

DecemberFlower

2,000 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100
  • Dressed Up 200

takocos

Dapper Genius

4,275 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Befriended 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2007 11:38 am
My dog and my cat bothj eat my yarn. But it's OK, because it produces the cutest thing on the face on the planet. Tiny kitten + giant ball of yarn = ridiculously cute.  
Craftin'

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games