Welcome to Gaia! ::

Legion of Helpers

Back to Guilds

Help for new Members and Friends for those who have been here for years a place to call home! 

Tags: Help, Friends, Contests, Quest, RolePlay 

Reply Extended Discussion
World Religion 101- historical facts and myths Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

What Religion Do You Adhere To?
  Islam
  Judaism
  Christianity
  Hinduism
  Wicca
  Other (Pantheistic)
  Other (Monotheitisc)
  Buddhism
  Atheism
  Agnostic/Not Sure/None
View Results

LanceCalvis
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2008 12:39 am
My own belief is a tad sorted. As far as I know it doesn't seem to lean heavily. Toward any one religion though I have a sneaking suspicion it leans heavily on maybe one or two. I've never regularly gone to any church and I'm not even sure if the term Agnostic covers it. Because I do believe in some facts of religion. I just don't have any one particular one I would call myself. If you can I'd like to know what religions these bits and peaces were taken from.

I believe that after you die you are Reincarnated. The form you will take will depend on how you lived your life. Meaning if your overall deeds were good you will ascend into a higher form. Perhaps gaining more muscle, intellect or something like that. And if the sum of your deeds ends up negative. Then you will descend into a lesser form. There are a few sub cultures about Reincarnation I'm not entirely sure about. I don't fully dismiss the idea of having nine lives to gain a certain amount of purity. There is even a mathematical equation that goes with this that can be used to determine which life you are on. You take the day you were born and multiply by the month. If the number ends up over nine the answer is still nine. So 29/3 for me would be 9 meaning I'm on my ninth life according to this. When I wrote a paper on Reincarnation in High School. I found it interesting that those that were on a higher life in the class. Seemed to be wiser than the ones on an earlier one. It sounds plausible because this part of reincarnation speaks of heaven and hell. While I believe that Animals and humans. Can ascend and descend depending on the choices they make in life. I'm not entirely convinced about the whole trees and plants being part of this cycle. Since for this to happen these objects would have to possess a soul. And as some believe a soul makes up an individuals identity. It seems like something that was misinterpreted in the writings. Because trees and plants are technically considered alive.  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2008 9:17 am
fubar0
excuse me? the bible says you must live a good life or repent your sins, and when you repent sins you are supposed to stop that particular sin. though it is reletively easy to aquire forgivness.

Yes, but how many people can you name have stopped commiting 1 sin there entire lives? Its humanly impossible but God knows that so if we try to stop he will forgive us.  

Captain Mikell Raine

Lady Rayya

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2008 12:42 pm
I personally think all God requires is effort. Otherwise He would be mighty lonely in the hereafter....  
Extended Discussion

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff