Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Lady Detarra

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2007 12:14 pm
i-- M a r i e --i
Lady Detarra
i-- M a r i e --i
69GothGirl6969
People equate them because they don't understand either.
People think Wicca is all about dark magic, and goths are dark, so therefore they must be the same thing.
Hooray for narrow minded stereotyping.
I agree.I know serious, grown up wiccans , and they DO adore the light.To be able to help others, you yourself need to be in harmony with yourself.No they don't worship it, but i sometimes think poeple are only interested in being wiccan,because it is called "being a witch" emo

In all reality its just called being wiccan. Not all wiccans are witches and not all witches are wiccan. Wiccans practice wicca, witches practice witchcraft. Hell I get pissed off when I get called wiccan. I'm a witch and so very far from wiccan. Wow I need to shut up I know. sweatdrop
XD Actually, from what's told to me, witches are wiccan and the other way around.So could you explain your statement by Wikipedia or something?

Well I can explain it due to my personal experience of being a witch for over 11 years. Wicca is a religion that just happens to use witchcraft in their practice. Witchcraft is just a tool used in many pagan traditions to change their life through their Will. Yes there are witches who are wiccan but not all of us are. I am closer to being a Druid than a wiccan. Wicca isn't the only tradition out there. Its just the only one that gets the most attention because of shows like Charmed. Saying all witches are wiccan is like saying all christians are catholic.  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2007 12:55 pm
Lady Detarra
i-- M a r i e --i
Lady Detarra
i-- M a r i e --i
69GothGirl6969
People think Wicca is all about dark magic, and goths are dark, so therefore they must be the same thing.
I agree.I know serious, grown up wiccans , and they DO adore the light.To be able to help others, you yourself need to be in harmony with yourself.No they don't worship it, but i sometimes think poeple are only interested in being wiccan,because it is called "being a witch" emo

In all reality its just called being wiccan. Not all wiccans are witches and not all witches are wiccan. Wiccans practice wicca, witches practice witchcraft. Hell I get pissed off when I get called wiccan. I'm a witch and so very far from wiccan. Wow I need to shut up I know. sweatdrop
XD Actually, from what's told to me, witches are wiccan and the other way around.So could you explain your statement by Wikipedia or something?

Well I can explain it due to my personal experience of being a witch for over 11 years. Wicca is a religion that just happens to use witchcraft in their practice. Witchcraft is just a tool used in many pagan traditions to change their life through their Will. Yes there are witches who are wiccan but not all of us are. I am closer to being a Druid than a wiccan. Wicca isn't the only tradition out there. Its just the only one that gets the most attention because of shows like Charmed. Saying all witches are wiccan is like saying all christians are catholic.

that was a brilliant point, but isn't catholism a type of christianity anyway?  

Ayame_Rikimayu

Lady Detarra

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2007 12:59 pm
Ayame_Rikimayu
Lady Detarra
i-- M a r i e --i
Lady Detarra
i-- M a r i e --i
69GothGirl6969

that was a brilliant point, but isn't catholism a type of christianity anyway?

Exactly. It is only one of the many christian secs just like wicca is one of the many pagan traditions.  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2007 1:08 pm
k, i get it now.  

Ayame_Rikimayu

-Resurrected Writer-
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2007 8:50 pm
_PsychoPathic-Tend3ncies_
I haven't either, and I also want to see it (for information, not entertainment).

Yeah, be sure to watch with a sense of humor.  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2007 6:49 am
Lady Detarra
i-- M a r i e --i
Lady Detarra
i-- M a r i e --i
69GothGirl6969

Yes, that's true.Oh, and i also want to make clear that i became to know the religion wicca by the itnernet, not by any show XD.But, from what i read on a reliable site, i can give you the link, to be an actual wiccan you need to be a witch too.I know serious wiccans too, so i think if got the right information.So do you believe in a certain religion?  

i-- M a r i e --i

Lady Detarra

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2007 12:21 pm
i-- M a r i e --i
Lady Detarra
i-- M a r i e --i
Lady Detarra
i-- M a r i e --i
69GothGirl6969

Yes, that's true.Oh, and i also want to make clear that i became to know the religion wicca by the itnernet, not by any show XD.But, from what i read on a reliable site, i can give you the link, to be an actual wiccan you need to be a witch too.I know serious wiccans too, so i think if got the right information.So do you believe in a certain religion?

Not really. I'm eclectic. I try to study as many paths as I can, I'm actually writing a book right now.  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2007 12:23 pm
Lady Detarra
i-- M a r i e --i
Lady Detarra
i-- M a r i e --i
Lady Detarra

Not really. I'm eclectic. I try to study as many paths as I can, I'm actually writing a book right now.
Really? that's fun !What'll be the title?  

i-- M a r i e --i

Ether-Eating Eskimo

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2007 1:24 pm
i-- M a r i e --i
Lady Detarra
i-- M a r i e --i
Lady Detarra
i-- M a r i e --i
69GothGirl6969

No offense, but I'd be willing to bet that it isn't the greatest site to explain Wicca. And I'd be willing to bet you aren't Wiccan. May I see the site? smile  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2007 1:51 pm
i-- M a r i e --i
Lady Detarra
i-- M a r i e --i
Lady Detarra

No offense, but I'd be willing to bet that it isn't the greatest site to explain Wicca. And I'd be willing to bet you aren't Wiccan. May I see the site? smile
No , i'm not wiccan XD and i don't want to act like i know much about it either.But i said that when you're wiccan, you're a witch because you need to do rituals and such.Yes , you practice witchcraft.I will give you the link.It's in two languages, Dutch and English, i read it in dutch , and in english it may change a bit.Here it is : http://www.heksenkring.be/enheksenkring1.htm  

i-- M a r i e --i

Lady Detarra

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2007 6:07 pm
i-- M a r i e --i
Lady Detarra
i-- M a r i e --i
Lady Detarra
i-- M a r i e --i
Lady Detarra

Really? that's fun !What'll be the title?

Ha I haven't even thought about the title yet. I'm still working on content then I'll worry about the title and cover art and all that joy.  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2007 7:23 pm
That site really wasn't the best. Wicca = Fertility Cult

I was the same way a while ago. I was reading all the wrong sites, and didn't know what I was talking about. smile  

Ether-Eating Eskimo

i-- M a r i e --i

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2007 9:56 am
That site really wasn't the best. Wicca = Fertility Cult

I was the same way a while ago. I was reading all the wrong sites, and didn't know what I was talking about. smile
Oh, damn i thought i was passed that DX I really don't want to give wrong information, I used to act like i kenw what i was talking about, but i really thought i realized i was doing that.I know the lay-out is amateuristic,could you explain what's wrong with the content?  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2007 10:29 am
I'm Wiccan. I'm a nocturnal witch though, I find magickal essence far easier and more powerful in the dark.

I found Wicca because I was always interested in witchcraft and then my mom showed me that there was an actual religion/lifestyle that matched!

Loki Iago

Anxious Scamp

~ Main Forum ~

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas