Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Sims Guild

Back to Guilds

A guild for all things Sims created by Maxis/EA. 

Tags: simulation, god games, story telling, custom, Sims 

Reply Sims Q&A and Help
No Sound

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

autumn_rabbit13

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2007 1:23 pm
I had a problem with the game loading for some reason. So I uninstalled the downloads that I did today. The game was still crashing at the beginning. So I decided to back all my downloads up and uninstall all the games. (I have an iMac btw) I loaded the Sims2 1 disc, and wanted to see if it was OK. Well, now it doesn't go through the beginning animation part, but right to the loading screen. I can play the game, but there is no sound. I'm not sure what to do? I restarted and shut down my computer for 30-40 min. Still, no sound. Should I uninstall the game again? HELP! crying  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2007 1:23 am
try Looking in your folders and see if the sound files are Corruput...  

GAYMCLORDGAYFACE

autumn_rabbit13

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2007 4:15 am
I loaded all my games on that I have (don't have Business and Seasons yet), plus I loaded the Aspyr Pets patch. Now, it has sound, because I hear "Aspyr" at the beginning. The beginning video still doesn't play, and goes right to the loading screen. When it says "Calibrating Canine something, it crashes.

I haven't downloaded a patch for the video to stop playing. Do I try and reinstall the Pets Patch?  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2007 1:33 pm
uhh... i really dont know but if you have custom items they may corruput your files just keep looking and see if there corruput but even if they are i dont know what to do after that... just try that patch i guesss  

GAYMCLORDGAYFACE

autumn_rabbit13

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2007 12:31 am
I did, and tried updating my Quick Time. Still, the game crashes. Do you think de-fragging my computer will help? I haven't done that to my computer since I got it last summer.  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2007 9:50 am
I don't know if defragging will solve your Sims problem but it should certainly improve the performance of your mac.
I don't know how the game installation works on a mac but with a Windows setup there is a folder that contains the startup video. If that is missing then it means the disc isn't copying everything across that it should be doing.
I don't know how to advise you any further though. Try to contact Aspyr maybe.  

Menaceman

Tricky Hoarder

11,450 Points
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Rebuilder 100
Sims Q&A and Help

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items