Welcome to Gaia! ::

Craftin' - A sewing, knitting and glue kind of place.

Back to Guilds

Reply Craftin'
Slow knitter

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Are you a slow knitter
HELLS NO i'm not a slow knitter
15%
 15%  [ 4 ]
I think i'm average in knitting speed
46%
 46%  [ 12 ]
yeah, i'm slow, but i don't care
38%
 38%  [ 10 ]
Total Votes : 26

Dolly_Dear

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2007 9:04 pm
Yeah I just wanted how long does it take anyone to knit a scarf? Cuz i just finished a bumble bee scarf that's like about over 60" inches long and it took me 3 months to finish it.....well maybe 4 months....maybe 5, cuz i remember starting it when winter ended.

yeah i'm a slow knitter, then again i don't knit all the time.

love to knit  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2007 9:12 pm
How big were the needles? What was the stitch?

I would say that a scarf could take me two months if it was a second or third project (not my main one) and if it was my main one, probably about two to four weeks.  

Mildred Pierce

sonicrunner001

Fashionable Friend

9,025 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Friendly 100
PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2007 3:26 pm
Even if you had crocheted the scarf, it takes a long time to make a scarf. (short only if you use fabric or towels) But knitting slow does not indicate less than average intelligence. It just means you like to take your time to do things well. Me however, I finshed knitting a hat this week. I tried to do it as quickly as I could so I would not have to fight leaving school to go home. In doing so, the hat turned out quick horrible. Even one who knows nothing about yarnstuff could tell ya that was a crappy job I did on that hat. Oh well, the gal is going to learn to knit, so If she wants a better hat, she can knit it herself. wow that was a lot of typing.  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2007 5:31 am
I'm known as a lightening fast knitter, and it's taken me all summer to make a scarf for my mom- it's on smallish needles and I'm not working on it all the time. How long it will take to make anything depends on how excited and dedicated you are to a project- if you can't wait to wear a sweater, it may actually knit up faster than a present for your future brother-in-law or something, that just has to be finished eventually.  

Blue-eyes-green

kochi~mochi

4,750 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Friendly 100
  • First step to fame 200
PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2007 8:53 am
If i'm not constiantly working on something, it goes really slow. I'm not the fastest knitter ever, i'm not the fastest crocheter, sewer, or beader either, unless i'm working on it non-stop.  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2007 7:57 pm
I'm TERRIBLE at knitting, myself. I'll stick to crochet. 3nodding  

bookaholic

Dolly_Dear

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2007 9:46 am
Mildred Pierce
How big were the needles? What was the stitch?

I would say that a scarf could take me two months if it was a second or third project (not my main one) and if it was my main one, probably about two to four weeks.

I was use'n size 7 needles. Well now i don't feel so bad about taking a long time to finish my scarf.  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2007 2:48 pm
I'm more of an attention deficit knitter then a slow one. I work on one project for a bit then i get bored, so then I start a new project.
I always have about 3 projects going on at the same time.  

Winged Phantom

Brass Coin

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2007 12:55 am
I knitted a scarf that was maybe a head taller then me (I'm 5'4") in a day... from morning till like... almost midnight (I had to finish it that day because it was a gift to my grandmother up in idaho and we were sending christmas gifts up the next day..) ... killed my wrists so bad crying I used US 11 needles and chunky yarn... but it still felt like it too me years to complete it X3  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2007 10:40 pm
I can crochet faster than I knit, but the more I knit the faster I knit.

Now I knit English style (and technically I knit wrong English style at that, but it makes knit stitches so I won't worry) which they say is slower than continental. I can knit continental, but I'm not very comfortable with it.

If anyone tells you you;re too slow, I would stick my tongue out at them and say "However fast I knit is the perfect speed."

and it is *nodnod*  

YourAzureGoddess

Naughty Pants

Craftin'

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas