Welcome to Gaia! ::

The KoS Guild: The AMv capitol of the universe!

Back to Guilds

Reply The AMV Guild
What's the best program you think to make AMVs?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

x0 blaze

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2007 1:41 am
hey you guys, i'm Trisha and i'm new here. & i just joined yesterday. i was wondering, i don't know what's the best program program to make AMV's out there is, i don't know if anyone's posted this or not. But ^_^ i just thought i'll ask. i use Windows Movie Maker, =/ but i'm starting to get tired of it & getting a little frustrated with it. [with the effects & such] what's the best program for your comp that's out there, and if by any chance does anyone know the prices on these?

sorry again, if someone's posted this.  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2007 6:12 am
In the "How To" section there are lots of posts that can help you answer this question. My generalized synopses is pretty much as follows:

Adobe premiere is a great linear editing program, and the learning curve is pretty low. But at $6-700 is a bit much to spend as a beginner.

Magix is nice and in many cases under $100! Magix is the program I use to create many of my matted visual effects. A great program even if just as an add on to adobe/avid.

Brining us to our lesson on Avid. Avid is AWESOME. If not more. Liquid being the entry level program is sweet. but at $700 a bit on the pricey side. I have Pro which is $1000 but captures, edits and rules all that is HD footage. It comes with this very nice HD video capture card that will accept upto 1080p.... but I ported mine to accept the Japanese spec as well, so I capture ip to 1333p!

Absolute best is Adobe After Effects. But its FOUR FIGURES!!! yes, four figure. However http://www.adobe.com/ has a 30 day trial. is if fun. YES. Will it do this. Yes, AND more. You can crop out images 2d and 3d with fill control and feather in motion. You can remake "Money For Nothing" in 15 minutes with skill. Yes, its just that good! Warning: This has a very VERY high learning curve. It takes a long time to learn this program and its very intimidating at first.

Many people opt for Creative's Vegas products. With 3 lines of products, anything from $80-$525, this a great entry-level program.

In my home we use primarily AVID Liquid Pro, and I have ported AVID's XML output to AfterEffects CS2 with AutomaticDuck. Des perfers Premiere, and we just got CS3. But we also have a copy of Final Cut Pro, that's a fun program as well and with Automatic Duck ports right to AE as well! For many of my custom masks I create a monochrome layer in Magix movie edit and port the .avi to AE, AVID or Premiere. So as you see, even a low end program that bought as a beginner suite can become a useful tool!  

Mr_Pilkington
Captain

x0 blaze

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2007 1:47 pm
AWWW!!! thank you so much [sorry about the post again. HAHA] lol. i'll go check these out as soon as possible. thank you so much =]  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2007 9:18 pm
That's why they pay me the big bucks. mrgreen  

Mr_Pilkington
Captain

Falconone

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2007 10:57 am
I must say Magix must be good. Search on Youtube Skittles AMV and you see what can you do with this programm.
Premiere is a really good programm, you can do many things and it is not really hard to learn.
Vegas is also a good programm, but i dont like it, for me it was not so easy to understand but other people say other things.  
The AMV Guild

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games