Xx-Vocal-Punk-xX
I think bella is interesting.
User Image

I do too!
If she didn't have flaws then she would be boring
Then the books would suck

User Image

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2008 4:08 am
I'm going to have to disagree with the lot of you... I think Bella, Edward, and Jacob are all selfless rather than selfish (in varying amounts of course). Eclipse truly showed everyone their colors, I mean the story about the Third Wife? Bella was ready to kill herself long before anyone would ever ask her to. She wanted to do whatever it took to guarantee that her Edward and Jacob would be safe. She put her life on the lines more so than any other character for the sake of protecting them. Was she stupid? Sometimes. Was she inconsiderate? Of course. Selfish? Hardly. The MAIN reason I identify so well with these characters is their selflessness. Jacob and Edward even had a bit of a fight about what they would be willing to give up for Bella (Edward won, because he was willing to let Bella be with Jacob, but in the end Jacob was even ok with Edward somewhat). This series is about sacrifice, and all the main characters are willing to give up everything to save what they hold close.  

Chocovash3

sparky102

PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2008 4:55 pm
okay, i don't think that bella would be happy with out edward if she was a vampire. but she is pulling on both of them. i love edward but i don't want jacob to go away he is being a idiot. i hated when jacob kissed her he pretty much said, kiss me or i am going to die!!!!  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2008 5:01 pm
I don't agree with that statement all that much. I was made at Bella a little bit in Eclipse, but she doesn't exactly have an easy life. She loved Jacob like family and loved Edward deeply, and losing either of them would have ripped her in half. Through New Moon and Eclipse she knew how wrong it was to lead Jacob on and hurt him but she couldn't let go. At the end she wished herself to die in an avalanche because of what she was doing to Edward. Also, when she broke down, she was also crying because of all the damage she cause. They all seem to torture themselves.  

Tea Room Terror

Polyhymnia

5,500 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Junior Trader 100
PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2008 7:49 pm
me no likey Bella!! yeah it sounds childish it is...but seriously to have someone love you so unconditionally, argghhh!!! why waste it why try to push it away, arghh!!  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2008 8:38 pm
She is really. I mean you sorta have to like her. She is the main person. And shes telling the story. You cant have Twlight without Bella. She does need to stop complaining. Its annoying. She has freaking Edward Cullen. Whats there to complain about???
User Image

HaruXgoesXM00

Fullmoon.s_wings

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2008 12:25 am
ok i have so many opinions on this matter its ridiculous, i must say though i was truly unhappy at both bella and jacob and even edward during eclipse. bella to me seemed to just flip at the turn of a switch she loved edward wholly and truly and then all of a sudden she says she loves jacob too and i dont mean like a brother. Her crying in Edward's arms as much as she did, did not seem fair to me at all, the way i looked at it she was crying because of jacob yes how she hurt them both but mostly jacob and thats just unfair to edward, it must have hurt to see her so upset of someone else, she was his FIANCE for crying out loud. although Edward caused a lot fo the problems the fact that he loves her as much as he does is a big part of that, he loves her enough to give her up for her happiness but in a way he makes things so much harder, sometimes it would have been better if he had just yelled at her grabbed her in his arms and told her that he was his and that he loved so much that he couldnt let her go. Jacob was also in fault, he was so selfish! Yes he loves her i understand that, but pushing himself on her the way he did caused SO many problems, he obviously doesnt love her as much as edward does because even though edward was stupid about it he showed how much he loves her to give her up just so she could be happy. UGH this book was just full of faults in all characters in my mind, it was also unfair of bella if you ask me that she went through all the wedding plans without feeling even if she doesnt like big parties she use to seem and i know i would be happy to marry someone i loved that much. like edward said in the end she didnt have to do it, she was hurting him by giving him what he wanted when it was something he really wanted her to want too. Ugh ok

There is one thing i dont understand though, whats with all the team edward team jacob crap?? SHE ALREADY CHOSE EDWARD, THERE IS NO TEAMS ANYMORE EDWARD WON AND THATS THAT!!! >,....,
btw i agree with whomever said jacob's kiss sounded gross, because it did!! ICK although edward's kisses always sound so magical and wonderful *sighs dreamily* rofl i can really relate with bella sometimes though, when edward was gone she was so lonely and scared you cant blame her for looking to jacob, love hurts just too much sometimes and when your savior that keeps you sane and helps through the pain is gone all you would want to do is cry hope that he will either come back or that you can have a temporary replacement that will make you feel better so you wont die inside like you feel you would

lol ok super long reply but you must say you love this series if it makes you think and discuss this much

<3 Edward and Bella forever

and heart for my own personal Edward  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 4:49 pm
I absolutely hate Bella! She isn't innocent, she is inflicting pain on both Edward AND Jacob. Im not anti-Jacob but I'm not anti-Edward I want Bella out!! Or to have some sudden epiphany so that she stops being suck an a**!!! >.<  

Cuddleh

HellShattersAngelicDreams

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 6:54 pm
I agree...I totally dislike Bella, not hate...dislike, for pulling them both. But Jacob has a point...if "monster" did exist, they would probably have ended up together. Personally, I hope Jacob get fleas, I am NOT a fan of him. Even though movie Jacob is hotter than movie Edward.
But you're right, Edward is always sacrificing his life and risking his family for her. She risked...alienating her family for him...no where near as close.

But even though, we all have to admit...we're addicted...^_^. In reality it's this kind of stuff that keeps us interested. You may not think so, but it is.

If it didn't have this heart-wrenching suspense, we would lose interest quickly. It's like Soap Opera, TV Drama, Realities, just regular TV shows. The urge to read these twisted plots and continue reading to see how it turns out.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2008 12:43 am
Well, Bella took Edward's leave of absence very hard and she depended on Jacob a lot as a friend. When two people are around one another a lot, they tend to become closer. I can understand Bella's delima. She loves both of them, but she knows that she must choose one. She never ment to hurt anyone. But the situaion led to this. I know that if I had two guys that both loved me and wanted me to be with them like Jacob and Edward do, I would have a hard time trying to choose. Both guys have good and bad qualitys about them. It's a tough spot to be in. So that's probably why Bella came across as whiny.  

HoshiOdessa

Twilight - The Book, by Stephenie Meyer

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces