Welcome to Gaia! ::

Craftin' - A sewing, knitting and glue kind of place.

Back to Guilds

Reply Craftin'
Rip-it. Rip-it.

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Do you frog at the drop of a hat? (or stitch?)
  No, there are ways to work around stuff, and to do so indicates OCD knitting.
  Yes, of course! I'm working hard on this and I spent good money on my materials, so I want it to be as perfect as possible!
  Hunh? Frog? Rip-it? Is there a bad pun at work here?
View Results

Blue-eyes-green

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2007 5:37 am
I am something of a perfectionist when I knit, and frogging is my friend. Most reently I ripped our seven or eight inches of a stockingette and seed stitch combo because I realised I was knitting the two stitches at a different tension and it was warping the fall of the fabric. This probably wouldn't have mattered, and I'm likly to be the only one who ever noticed, but it was annoying me, so I started over, taking care to knit more loosely on the seed portion.
Any one like me out there?  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2007 8:51 am
It depends on my mood, and why i'm making the project. If i'm in one of my perfectionist moods, i frog at the first sign of possible mistake. If not, and the project isn't like... a birthday present for somebody i really care about, or something i'm going to see every day.... then i don't care a much. 3nodding  

kochi~mochi

4,750 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Friendly 100
  • First step to fame 200

Peppermint Elf

Moonlight Warrior

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2007 9:15 am
Unfortunately, I'm a firm believer that I am not perfect.... so neither is my knitting. I will, however, drop a few stitches to fix a SSK/K2TOG with a yarn over a few rows below. Most of the time, I just say "******** it" and leave it in. No one's gonna notice but me anyways. sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2007 10:12 am
I don't do well with dropped stitches....but have only dropped them two or three times in my knitting career.

I usually pick it up where the loop fell and just keep knitting, it looks fine.  

Mildred Pierce

Sugar Bandit

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2007 10:41 pm
Whenever in the beginning of my knitting I feel something is wrong, I just HAVE to rip it out and start over again... it drives me crazy and usually others can't find any flaws in it...  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2007 1:33 pm
I've ripped my stupid socks so many times it's not even funny. Wrong yarn, wrong gauge, too small needles, too big needles... It better work this time.  

Annchen

Sparkly Bibliophile

AriRashkae

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2007 2:49 pm
It depends on the project.

The sweater I'm making for my husband? I'll frog, since I want it to fit right.

A project for myself? only if the problem is glaring. Like my triangle shawl gaining an hourglass figure. sweatdrop

Something for sale? I'll only leave the most minor and invisible mistakes.  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2007 6:13 pm
I don't know enough about knitting to care, lol. redface

I'm making a scarf right now (first thing I've knitted) for my boyfriend, and I noticed it's really weird looking, but I don't care. Not like the guys at his yeshiva are going to be all inspecting it, and he won't care. I don't care. Maybe later one when I get into more complicated stuff I'll care, but I don't really think I will. (the only thing that bugs me, is if I get off a pattern. like 1,2,1,2,1,2 then i accidently do 2,2,1,2 <- That'd annoy me.)  

YvetteEmilieDupont

YourAzureGoddess

Naughty Pants

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2007 9:53 pm
I have to admit, I'm a perfectionist too.

If I wanna wear it, it has to look right, darnit!  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2007 12:48 am
I'll frog it depending on if i knit or crochet it
if i knit it, most likely i won't.
if i crochet it, most likely i will  

hyper_azn_girl

Silver Mist

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2007 1:08 pm
hyper_azn_girl
I'll frog it depending on if i knit or crochet it
if i knit it, most likely i won't.
if i crochet it, most likely i will

Same. Frogging in knitting makes me nervous and I normally end with as many mistakes as I had before, only in a shorter project. But I'm darn good at frogging in crochet and often do at the drop of a hat.  
Craftin'

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games