Welcome to Gaia! ::

NYOB ZOO!!! HMONG PEOPLE UNITE!!!

Back to Guilds

Hmong is a type of Asian 

Tags: Hmong, Hmoob, Asian 

Reply Hmong Threads/History Subforum
It all starts with us. The new generation.

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Ayame Tokomi
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2007 10:54 am
Before I take my leave for school and start my teaching career, I'd like to leave a few words before it becomes hard for me to login anymore.

It all starts with us. Our culture of the Hmong people is dying and no one even notices it except a few. Our language, our culture, our pride, and our home. Don't you notice that at the New Years things have changed ever since the original Hmong New years? Our people no longer care about our culture. We celebrate it yes, but is it for selling too? Parents do many things to make us like our culture more but it only made it die more. The change of style, the change of our festivals, and the change of even ourselves.

As I grew up, I see many horrible things happen to our people. I wish that our culture will learn to grow and flourish, not repeat history with our endless fighting. It all starts with us. I hope that in time the scars of the past will be forgotten and the new Hmong will step up to change our old ways of hate and war. I wish that we can no longer fight Americans, Vietnamese, our neighbors, ourselves, and even with each other.

What I want is not what I want, but what everyone wants and needs. Peace. I hope we can all grow and become better Hmong than we were in the past, and let down our sinful ways. That's all I have to say.

For now, I'll be heading off to school and work. Working more than half the day, I'll be too busy to get on Gaia anymore, but I hope this guild and this message wil not be forgotten.

Love and compassion can do so much to change things that are hateful and sinful.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2007 2:08 pm
wow..O.O
very true huh..
well good luck teaching! have fun...=]  

justinetsab

Li Mu Bui

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2007 4:05 am
let god be with you on your teaching remember go to church every sunday  
Hmong Threads/History Subforum

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash