Reply Twilight - The Book, by Stephenie Meyer
Something interesting happened to me in Forks

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

CameoAmalthea

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2007 3:16 pm
I don't know what forum to put this in, it relates to Twilight. Sorry if its in the wrong place.

Anyway, I'm from Phoenix Arizona, but my parents are separated so I have half sisters up in Washington from my father's side of the family. Because neither of our mom's were with our dad anymore I had never met my half sisters (I barely see my father). Anyway as a high school graduation gift my grandmother on my dad's side decided to fly me to Seattle so I could meet my sisters. My sister that I stayed with lives about 2 hours north of Seattle, and not on the Olympic Pennsylvania, so about 5 hours from Forks. Well since I was at least in the same state as Forks, I really wanted to go.

Fortunatly for me my sister is big into hiking, back backing, camping, and all other outdoor things, and the surrounding national park ear Forks is great for that. So she wanted to take me camping somewhere anyway, so was all for the idea. Since I got to go to Forks I was all for the idea, even though I really don't like camping, I'm not that outdoorsy, I'm a total klutz, and knew it was likely I'd end up bruised and bloody from being in the wilderness. (and I did end up with a badly scraped and bloody hand while on this trip, oh well worth it)

Anyway we were going to just pass through Forks, and not stay in the area in favor of camping a few hours from there in differnt camp sights. However fate was so on my side because the camp grounds were full, and we wanted to camp on the beech instead of in the forests so we could see the sky because we were there on the night of this huge meteor shower. So the perfect place to camp where they allowed camping on the beach and wasn't over crowded turned out to be La Push. (I was really happy).

So we ended up in Forks a day earlier than we were planning, and took the time to walk around. My sister thought I was crazy, she's like, you know there really isn't anything in the town, its like a mile wide, and I've never heard of this book. Is there any specific thing in the town you want to see. Well given that there really isn't that much in Forks, the only thing I could think of was the High School. So we were walking along, I was taking pictures of the high school. (we actually had perfect sunny weather, my sister was surprised, I was somewhat disappointed, somewhat glad since we would be camping on a beach and wanted to see the clear night's sky that night).

Anyway I was taking a picture of the high school when a group of people see us and are like, "are you Twilight fans? Where are you from?" They thought it was interesting I was from Phoenix, and that I would come all the way out there. Then I asked who they were. They said, "we're scouting for the movie shoot." So the group was a bunch of people from the movie shoot, and the principle of the high school who was showing them around. I asked if I could take a picture with them, they said yes, and wanted to take a picture of me and my sister holding a sign because they wanted to use the picture for promotional purposes.

It was so lucky that we were there at that exact moment they were. So now we know for sure that the movie is actually being scouted. I also just wanted to share that story with fans who could appreciate the coolness of that.  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2007 4:13 pm
Oh, cool!
There is hope for a movie still!  

The Kraken

Dapper Dabbler

Fifii

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2007 4:36 pm
dude you are soooo lucky,seriously.  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2007 6:26 am
agh! you are sooo lucky!  

katana06

hospitalflowers

3,750 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Invisibility 100
PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2007 7:58 am
...I'm so jealous!!! >.< I seriously want to go to Forks!!! >.<

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2007 5:51 pm
eek wow....im so envious right now!!!!! i wish i could have been there!!!!!!!!  

Muzik_Freek

Conservative Werewolf

10,425 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Forum Dabbler 200

Strings of Destiny

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2007 6:15 pm
LUCKKEH!  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2007 6:21 pm
That is so cool! And actually, a funny thing happened to my family when my aunt and 15-year-old cousin went to Forks last year for a book signing. Then got to stay in a hotel that was litterally right across the street from the high school. My aunt and cousin went to the park one morning and there, playing with her three sons on the swings, was Stephenie Meyer. My cousin nearly died from excitment. She was so shy that my aunt had to go over and say hi for her. In the end, they became friends, so my aunt got to babysit for Stephenie Meyer's kids! They even went to the beachs with Stephenie and her kids! And at the end, my cousin got four signed copies of Twilight (one of which she gave to me). It was the coolest thing in the world and I'm totally jealous that I couldn't go with, but maybe next time I can...  

violin girl16

Sensaina

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2007 11:17 am
Oh wow! eek
Can you post some of the pictures?  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2007 7:58 pm
That's amazing!!
Monumental!!
FANTASTIC!!

congrats! ;D  

CadiTheCanadian

shibo36

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2007 12:30 pm
Wow.
Well, it's good to know that they're actually filming in Forks and not some other place like they do in other movies.
Congratz.  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2007 4:55 pm
omg i hate you.
just kidding
thats amazing! im beyond jealous. its true crying  

The World Within

MadH4tter

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2007 11:17 pm
wow, talk about coincedence.  
Twilight - The Book, by Stephenie Meyer

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff