Welcome to Gaia! ::

Craftin' - A sewing, knitting and glue kind of place.

Back to Guilds

Reply Craftin'
i don't know what to call it...

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Xana204

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2007 5:09 pm
okay.. i was knitting outside, and i noticed that i dropped a stich, so i freaked out a little, then i fouond a tooth pich and brought the stich back up. i knit from right to left, and i can't get any help.. was that luck or skill?  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2007 2:05 am
I'll vote for luck. =3

I've dropped stitches before and managed to pick them back up. ^^  

Chibi Kiku-chan

sonicrunner001

Fashionable Friend

9,025 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Friendly 100
PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2007 2:12 pm
I usually don't know that i"ve dropped a stitch until I have finished the project. (sad huh?) But what I do is I use a size D or E Crochet hook and a little peice of yarn and tie the dropped loop to the row above it.  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2007 2:36 pm
"Dropped Stitches are little gremlins who eat up your knitting!" - Saibh Riot.

I have used just about any sort of tool to pick up my dropped sts. But also remember that they can also be used in a decorative sort of way. wink

It wasn't luck. Your skill is improving. The question is...did you pick up the stitches in right direction (knit or purl)? Keep an eye out for this.  

Rune and Raccoon

Questionable Cutesmasher

12,750 Points
  • Battle: Cleric 100
  • Destroyer of Cuteness 150
  • Bunny Hoarder 150

KiwiDragon

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2007 6:54 pm
redface The more I read stuff like this, the more scared I am to learn how to knit. I'm taking a class in October, but I know absolutely NOTHING about it. I hope that someday I can answer questions and be helpful, but for now, I read your answers and freak out! eek  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2007 10:38 am
There are ways to fix dropped stitches, or to fix stitches that are knit instead of purled and so on. Check the videos at knittinghelp.com for examples. I used to freak out when I dropped stitches, but now I only freak out a little and then fix it wink  

Annchen

Sparkly Bibliophile

ro-zumari-

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2007 4:14 pm
KiwiDragon
redface The more I read stuff like this, the more scared I am to learn how to knit. I'm taking a class in October, but I know absolutely NOTHING about it. I hope that someday I can answer questions and be helpful, but for now, I read your answers and freak out! eek
Knitting is like riding a bike. It takes a while to learn how to ride one, but when you do master it's the greatest feeling in the world. biggrin Don't get discouraged.  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2007 4:57 pm
i...
would call that magic. And a very clever use of a toothpick.  

Scaramouche Fandango

Big Wife

DecemberFlower

2,000 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2007 7:17 pm
Luck to catch the stitch, and definitely skill to bring it back up. 3nodding  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2007 8:23 pm
I found this a while ago and i thought it was a good ideal, Helpfull Site  

KingToon