Welcome to Gaia! ::

Craftin' - A sewing, knitting and glue kind of place.

Back to Guilds

Reply Craftin'
TUTE FOR U GUYS OUT THERE!=P

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

hottpink006

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2007 6:44 pm
User Image

I have made these Before their fabulous you basically use plastic bottles like mountain dew,dasani or figi bottle you cut them out in into triangles color the beads with sharpies use any color u want make sure biggrin the bottle is dry when you do this!Get some pliers roll them up use a candle stick to heat up the bead there ya gooooo! Do this with a parent around lol!!  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2007 11:26 pm
That is a very cool idea for recycling all those water bottles. Thanks for posting.  

ForestGreen

Green Fairy

knitting_needle_ninja

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2007 9:41 am
If it weren't for super sensitive dorm fire alarms, I'd try making some.  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2007 11:21 am
I actually made a few of these a few months ago using the same tute from Craftster!! biggrin

Here's some crappy pics of mine...

User Image

And here they are on a necklace (my first ever!), that I wear just about every day

User Image

Ska Hippie

Elysapeth

Sparkly Phantom

6,450 Points
  • Heckler 50
  • Survivor 150
  • Happy Birthday! 100
PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2007 9:22 pm
Wicked sweet! I will have to try these out for my next jewelry project... Heavens knows we have enough plastic bottles laying around. (our city charges a nominal fee for picking up recyclables sad )  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2007 11:40 am
Wow....the amazing things crafty people like us come up with when we're extremely bored xd  

RocknRollDragon

bookaholic

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2007 9:33 pm
I wanna make these! But I'm not allowed to play with fire... sad  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2007 9:20 am
The original tutorial called for using a heat gun instead of a candle flame.  

ForestGreen

Green Fairy

Ska Hippie

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2007 7:47 pm
You could probably do it over a stove too, or something along those lines. Just ask for an adult to help you, if that's the issue. heart  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2007 7:12 am
3,000/6,000g -- House Upgrade
This will also work with paper. I've done it several times.
Cut very loooong triangles from a magazine or newspaper (I prefer the colorful photos in a National Geographic; the paper quality is excellent!). However long the base of the triangle is, is how long your bead will be.
Using a very small piece of tape, tape the base of the triangle to a toothpick, and roll.
Then dab some good ol' Elmer's glue on your finger, and smear it on your bead, make sure to smooth it out good!
Finally, slide the bead off the toothpick and wait for it to dry. You can coat it with clear nail polish for added protection. This also helps the ink not to rub off on your skin!
You're Invited -- The Sadie HOUSE Quest.

xxHorrorsh0w

Ska Hippie

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2007 8:35 pm
^ That's a pretty sweet idea!! I shall have to try that sometime!!! 4laugh  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2007 1:20 pm
miss_sadie911
3,000/6,000g -- House Upgrade
This will also work with paper. I've done it several times.
Cut very loooong triangles from a magazine or newspaper (I prefer the colorful photos in a National Geographic; the paper quality is excellent!). However long the base of the triangle is, is how long your bead will be.
Using a very small piece of tape, tape the base of the triangle to a toothpick, and roll.
Then dab some good ol' Elmer's glue on your finger, and smear it on your bead, make sure to smooth it out good!
Finally, slide the bead off the toothpick and wait for it to dry. You can coat it with clear nail polish for added protection. This also helps the ink not to rub off on your skin!
You're Invited -- The Sadie HOUSE Quest.

Exactly i have done the paper beads 2 basically the same teqnique use varnish so the paper beads will stay durable!!!!!^^  

hottpink006

Craftin'

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff