Reply Newcomers
What are...

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Eilifr

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2007 5:33 pm
What are the Blue Feathers and are there any events around Conneutville P.A. ?  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2007 12:09 am
The Blue Feathers are "out" gays. The blue feather worn in a hat (or displayed in some other way), is basically a pride symbol, much like one would wear a pink triangle pin or rainbow necklace. I'm not sure if there is an organized group of Blue Feathers, but sometimes there will be Blue Feather social gatherings at events.

To the event question, I would find your kingdom website and look for either a calendar, a mailing list, or both. Or you could find your barony/shire/canton/whatever your smaller local group is... website from the kingdom site and look at a calendar there if they have one.

LittleGreenGirl
Captain

Sparkly Prophet

Eilifr

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2007 5:42 pm
So... You just wear some sort of "blue feather" and that makes you one of them? What about bi guys like me? Would I wear a blue and red feather? Btw... I just felt like picking on that.... And I intend to looke around on the SCA site now, I just wish there was a good way to find out about such things...  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2008 2:45 pm
In the garden of lonely love
I'll wait for you
Till the time will come
When I see you smile
Just for me
I was wondering the same thing myself, so I did some fishing.

Clan Blue Feather

It's basically an informal clan of sorts for gays, lesbians, bisexuals, transgenders, and their family and supporters.

Lots of good info there, or at least I thought there was.
Love and loss
Embrace the pain
You can't hide your tears in the rain
I'll be there
Just wait my darling

Spasms

Invisible Gawker

Dragostae

Astral Lionheart

21,100 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Happy 13th, Gaia Online! 50
  • Happy Birthday! 100
PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2008 10:14 pm
LittleGreenGirl
The Blue Feathers are "out" gays. The blue feather worn in a hat (or displayed in some other way), is basically a pride symbol, much like one would wear a pink triangle pin or rainbow necklace. I'm not sure if there is an organized group of Blue Feathers, but sometimes there will be Blue Feather social gatherings at events.

To the event question, I would find your kingdom website and look for either a calendar, a mailing list, or both. Or you could find your barony/shire/canton/whatever your smaller local group is... website from the kingdom site and look at a calendar there if they have one.

Depending on where you are, that's not the main badge. In fact, most Blue Feathers have a formal badge that's a whole lot less noticeable than a blue feather in one's cap.

However, if you don't want to be hit on, I do recommend -not- wearing a blue feather.  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 12, 2009 9:25 pm
Okay this might sound odd but,
I went to my first Pennsic at 2 months, so I grew up in the SCA. And I learned early on what a Blue Feather meant. I am an unoffical bisexual(I would usually prefer to be with a guy then a chick). I also go to the ball every year and show off my rainbow. But I wanted to know, is there a symbol for the blue feather supporters? I don't want a blue feather to be confused. Is the a certain feather or symbol for me?  

kashi-ko

Kittywitch

Witty Elocutionist

26,500 Points
  • Waffles! 25
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Unbreakable Bond 150
PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2009 7:07 pm
kashi-ko
Okay this might sound odd but,
I went to my first Pennsic at 2 months, so I grew up in the SCA. And I learned early on what a Blue Feather meant. I am an unoffical bisexual(I would usually prefer to be with a guy then a chick). I also go to the ball every year and show off my rainbow. But I wanted to know, is there a symbol for the blue feather supporters? I don't want a blue feather to be confused. Is the a certain feather or symbol for me?
As I've heard it, a properly cobalt blue feather means, well, a blue feather, but a pale blue feather means you support them.  
Newcomers

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games