Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Gamers Promised Land, Gaia's Best Gaming and Pop Culture

Back to Guilds

Gaia's best guild for discussions and contests about Video Games, Pop Culture, general geek stuff, and any kind of discussion! 

Tags: Video Games, Pop culture, chatting, Internet, tournaments 

Reply Main Forum
Game Informer.

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

16bit-Plumber

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2007 5:56 am
Game Informer's Review on Pokemon Battle Revolution,for Nintendo Wii.

CAN WE GO HOME NOW?

Welcome to the sun-drenched tropical paradise of Pokétopia. We're so please that you could come and join us. Come experience the natural wonderland where trainers gather from around the world to do battle. Of course, it's probably best if you don't explore the island. Please stick to the designated Colosseums for the safety of you and your Pokémon. Pokétopia is a laid back island, so you're on vacation, you won't find any exciting stories told here. Besides, you're on vacation; you don't want to be bothered with too much excitement. Pokétopia is about relaxing to the thrill of near near unending Pokémon trainer battle after Pokémon trainer battle.

Feel free to make use of our state-of-the-art Wi-Fi connection in every room,as this is the first Nintendo vacation resort where you will be able o play against other people online. And don't Forget to bring your Nintendo DS with you on your island getaway. Not only because you will have to use rental Pokémon if you don't import your critters from diamond or Pearl, but because you will also want a good game play when you get bored at Pokétopia.

Sure, Pokétopia might sound a lot like the trip you took in Pokémon Stadium 1 & 2 or that weekend at Pokémon Colosseum. That's because this is the same trip, we've just repainted the signs and moved to a different system. But just listen to what GI Travel Magazine said about our beautiful resort, "Pokétopia is one to take. if I hadn't been paid to go, I would have punched my travel agent."- BEN

Bottom Line 5.75 out of 10

----------------
Second Opinion:

The primary reason anyone will be playing PBR is to see their stable of Pokémon that they've been leveling up all summer in Diamond/Pearl battle it out in full 3D. On this very base level, the game gets it done. Local DS connectivity battles and online fights are quick and fun diversion, but they quickly lose their luster (especially since the DS Pokémon games already facilitate these modes). For those who don't have a DS and diamond/Pearl, PBR is an empty shell of the game full of endless dry Colosseum battles and little to work for outside of the trainer accessories. but even Pokémon die hards will find little to keep them interested once they get past the glossy presentation.-BRYAN

Bottom Line 6 out of 10  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2007 6:01 am
Could this possibly be true? I've only played Pokémon stadium on the N64 so this is a brand new game to me..but I don't have a Wii..so yeah...
But do you guys think this game got a correct Rating?  

16bit-Plumber

Itakio

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2007 8:27 am
The game really isn't that great in my opinion, the second opinion says it how it is. I rented it and was bored after the 15th battle or so. Really the only use for it would be to WiFi battlie in 3D or to get items for your DS.  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2007 9:47 am
The game is well judged. All PBR really has is neat graphics. It offers little gameplay.

The only reason why it got 6/10 (and not anything lower) is that it has wi-fi capabilities to enable players to battle random people around the world.

Without it, the score would be even lower.  

Shigeru the Hero

Digital Knight07

Aekea Hero

9,625 Points
  • Hero 100
  • Battle: Counterstrike 150
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2007 1:44 pm
Shigeru K
The game is well judged. All PBR really has is neat graphics. It offers little gameplay.

The only reason why it got 6/10 (and not anything lower) is that it has wi-fi capabilities to enable players to battle random people around the world.

I agree but its not that bad really...but I got only because of the Online battle feature and after like 10 or more Colosseum battles u get bored  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2007 1:46 pm
Knight95
Shigeru K

I agree but its not that bad really...but I got only because of the Online battle feature and after like 10 or more Colosseum battles u get bored

It really is that bad. Most people here are biased because they are fans.

But if you compare this to something more standalone, you'll see a major difference.

I love seeing Pichu in 3D though.  

Shigeru the Hero

Razz-Berry 9

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2007 1:53 pm
But I think this game as a small add on from diamond and pearl like everyone likes the 3D the stadiums look cool its the perfect Expansion for D&P lovers but I cant see it more than being an expansion.I think Game wise the Rating is fine but if you were to look at the game from eh lets say a different view i Think it could be higher.  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2007 1:55 pm
Yeah..this game is more of an expansion  

Digital Knight07

Aekea Hero

9,625 Points
  • Hero 100
  • Battle: Counterstrike 150
  • Brandisher 100

Deathguiser

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2007 1:57 pm
I would give it a slightly higer score, maybe 6.5 to 7, but nothing higher than that. It becomes very tedious in some battles ( I.E. when you are given a random selection of pokemon or given a roulette game to see whos pokemon you get)  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2007 1:59 pm
I don't know why, but playing all of the stadium games is far more painful than playing the DS... even wireless battles.

I only have PBR because I won it.  

nitnit
Captain

Shigeru the Hero

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2007 2:03 pm
The N64 controllers were somewhat heavier than the game boys and you need to move your hand for PBR.

Gaming ergonomics lawl.  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2007 2:10 pm
It's a pokemon game you didn't really expect it to "good" did you?XP  

Dwlr

950 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
Main Forum

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers