Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Gamers Promised Land, Gaia's Best Gaming and Pop Culture

Back to Guilds

Gaia's best guild for discussions and contests about Video Games, Pop Culture, general geek stuff, and any kind of discussion! 

Tags: Video Games, Pop culture, chatting, Internet, tournaments 

Reply Art and Writing
Need Art Help? Post Here!

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

The Veil

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2007 8:11 pm
This topic is for people whom need assistance or tips on drawing, writing, or any other form of art.

Anyone can answer anyone else's question, but remember the rules on criticism! Kukuku~

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2007 8:50 pm
Yeah and I can help with any photoshop problems mrgreen  

Digital Knight07

Aekea Hero

9,625 Points
  • Hero 100
  • Battle: Counterstrike 150
  • Brandisher 100

The Veil

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2007 8:57 pm
Knight95
Yeah and I can help with any photoshop problems mrgreen

Indeed! Kukuku~

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2007 7:37 am
I have a question:

Do you guys consider poetry a form of art?  

-2 Z Zelly

The Veil

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2007 12:57 pm
Zelly_2
I have a question:

Do you guys consider poetry a form of art?

Because poetry takes creativity and story telling to make, it is considered art.

I am not sure about what others may think, but like all art, I believe there is good poetry and bad poetry. Kukuku!

Good poetry comes from the heart, in which you may tell a stories or describe people or nature. Good poetry is able to move people, making others happy, sad, or even make them laugh.

BAD poetry, on the other hand, is basically poetry written from people whom talk about 'their suffering' despite being in a nice, loving family and having a proper education. (In other words, emos.) Bad poetry tends to talk about how everything is bleak, dark, and hopeless, saying that everyone (Or themselves) should die. This type of poetry tends to just be a knock off of an Evanescence song or something like that. While poetry about suicide and dark things tend to be the bulk of bad poetry, vampire poetry has it's special place in Bad/emo poetry as well. Vampire poetry is mainly about all powerful/beautiful/Mary/Gary Sue Vampires biting someone to make them their vampire lover for some odd reason(But that's not all! Emos tend to write Vampire fan-fictions or short stories as well!). Emos have basically ruined vampires as a frightening monster.

/rant

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2008 9:48 am
Hey knight how can I make photoshop trainer cards completely customized and that?

Veil how can I make sprites?  

Chuuyya

Eduard Von Adler

6,600 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2008 7:29 am
well im here to ask any tips i could have to draw the body of an animal or a person?? i dont realy like how it is finished when i draw them

oh and any help in photoshop would be good i just know how to use the tools that are the same or similar in paint, the smudge and the pen...  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2008 11:00 pm
eduardk250
well im here to ask any tips i could have to draw the body of an animal or a person?? i dont realy like how it is finished when i draw them

oh and any help in photoshop would be good i just know how to use the tools that are the same or similar in paint, the smudge and the pen...

Hmm... well I'll see what I can do about making a small tutorial for that, but in the meantime could you give a quick sketch of what you mean? sweatdrop

Photoshop? Well, I could help you with that, but photoshop is a incredibly large program to even attempt to explain, however I highly suggest you separate different things onto different layers (Like the main body versus the head, hair, eye, or accessories.)
Is there any particular effects you wanted to be able to make in photoshop?  

Chaotix Bluix
Crew

Eternal Lunatic

16,850 Points
  • Happy 13th, Gaia Online! 50
  • That One Hero 500
  • Divine Donator 100

Eduard Von Adler

6,600 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2008 2:02 pm
Chaotix Bluix
eduardk250

Hmm... well I'll see what I can do about making a small tutorial for that, but in the meantime could you give a quick sketch of what you mean? sweatdrop

Photoshop? Well, I could help you with that, but photoshop is a incredibly large program to even attempt to explain, however I highly suggest you separate different things onto different layers (Like the main body versus the head, hair, eye, or accessories.)
Is there any particular effects you wanted to be able to make in photoshop?

well here is how i draw
Angel in the water
Dark Samus
i know i dont know how to color im practicing mrgreen

well here is what i can do with photoshop, with no backgruond titled
"Ike vs Link"  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2008 8:50 pm
eduardk250
well im here to ask any tips i could have to draw the body of an animal or a person?? i don't really like how it is finished when i draw them

drawing help, eh? well, i'll be glad to help out =3

for starters, some tips with bodies:
one main thing to remember is that when you draw people, that they have certain body parts and certain joints where these parts connect. when trying to draw bodies, i find it extremely helpful to sketch out these parts with simple geometric shapes. like, for example, the hips. a person's hips are like a half sphere (or basically just a bowl) by first representing the hips with a simple half-circle, you can get the idea of where the hips are supposed to be. also, you can think of a person's upper body as a triangle. depending on how large the triangle is determines how far the shoulder blades are apart and how large the person is. and if you represent the stomach with a sphere, you can get a fairly simple idea of what goes where. of course, depending on what sex you are drawing you'll have different shapes, but by drawing out these 'geometric' people, it will give you a better grasp on body shape.
when drawing heads, it's important to grasp a sense of proportion (even in anime). for example, you won't find someone with a huge body and a tiny head, or someone who has eyes on top of their nose, or someone who has their ears on their chin, etc.
and then there's animals. one thing nice about animals is that even though they look different, they have similar bone structures to humans. i'm not saying there the same, but they do have certain traits in common. like, legs, necks, arms, torsos, etc. of course, it depends on the animal too. but knowing this, you can take those traits and fiddle around with them until you get something you like (or something that looks right)

and with photoshop, i can make a tutorial that might help =3 but that'll take awhile. other than that, if you have any direct questions that i didn't cover, just ask. that's what i'm here for! 3nodding  

Mazeyelle

Art and Writing

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff