Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply Sculpted - art + craft guild
Welcome! Please read first (rules banners & important links)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Chisa
Captain

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2007 1:03 am
User Image

Welcome to Sculpted everyone!

We welcome all media, styles and experience levels - whether you work in clay or felt, make cute things to sell or expressive works of art, are a total noob or an experienced pro, there’s a place for you here.

This guild is currently new and still finding its feet, but eventually we hope to house and link to many tutorials and resources and offer a place for creators to show their work, critique each other, ask for help, meet with other people of similar interests, find tips for selling and learn from each other. If you have any ideas for this guild, please post them in the Suggestions thread.

If you are new to this guild please introduce yourself here! And be sure to read the rules and pick up a banner for your sig or profile smile

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2007 1:11 am
User Image

1. Follow the TOS (well obviously!). All Gaia rules apply here
  2. Please keep non-sculpture/craft related chatter in the appropriate thread only
  3. Be respectful of each other and of each other's work
  4. Always be polite and constructive when giving critiques, and take constructive criticism gracefully
  5. Do not bump or psuedo-bump unless your thread has fallen from the front page
  6. Absolutely no claiming work that isn't yours - if you had help or inspiration, please state so and give credit as necessary
  7. Make sure images are resized for easy viewing, or changed to links or thumbnails if not possible
  8. Artistic nudity is fine, but please warn in the thread title and link to rather than embed images

Posting Etiquette
You're not going to get booted for slipping up on these things every now and then, but please keep them in mind!

• Punctuation - please use it. Commas, full stops, capitalisation etc. are important for people reading to be able to do so easily (and to not drive me insane). A pet hate of mine is not capitalising pronoun I's. Please, please please do your best to ensure your post is readable.

• Spelling - I don't expect everyone to be perfect all the time, but please do your best to spell things properly. Avoid net speak and weird spaces (lik ethis cos it'sr eall yannoying!)

• Posting styles - if it's anything more than a text colour and size, disable 'em. This is to reduce scrolling, download times and make sure everything is clear and readable.

• Repeat threads - try and make sure your topic hasn't been brought up before or already answered in the stickies before posting.

• Descriptive topic titles - it makes things much easier if you're fairly clear and descriptive in your thread title! This will also help keep down repeat threads.

• Emoticons - let's not overdo it with them, shall we?

• Quoting entire first post - not necessary and creates a ton of unnecessary scrolling. Don't do it.

• Be Constructive - we're here to learn from each other, so please if you're commenting on someone's work then be more constructive than 'cute', 'I love it' or, my favourite, 'KAWAII!'. Go for a sentence at least. Try list what you like about something if you do.

Chisa
Captain

Chisa
Captain

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2007 1:24 am
User Image

This guild is just getting started so we need members! Be sure to tell all your crafty friends, or even better stick a banner in your signature, profile or thread.

If you'd like to make your own banner and want to share, please PM me with the link and I'll put it up here for everyone to grab and display heart

[url=http://tinyurl.com/2mm2wu][img]http://tinyurl.com/3b3lrd[/img][/url]

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
200x40px banner

[url=http://tinyurl.com/2mm2wu][img]http://tinyurl.com/387rfz[/img][/url]

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
50x50px banner  
Sculpted - art + craft guild

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff