Welcome to Gaia! ::

Final Fantasy Addicts Anonymous Guild

Back to Guilds

"Helping" Final Fantasy fans with their addictions since 2004. 

Tags: Final Fantasy, RPGs, Square Enix 

Reply Final Fantasy Addicts Anonymous Guild
Should FF change from turn based to FFXII's system? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Final Fantasy XII system or regular turn base?
  Final fantasy XII style
  regular turn based
View Results

Monsieur Nameless

PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2008 10:46 am
Shadow_Leingod
turnn based systems are easier to handle as u cud think about your moves before you did them. i hated how on XII once u killed the monsters they would only reappear if u left the place.
What if they didn't reappear?o.o

As for my opinion,maybe it would be possible to get a mix of the two?Not sure how it would work,but they're both good systems...
Seeing where the enemies are would be ncie,because even the biggest Final Fantasy fan gets annoyed at random encounters...An ability with equipment,p'raps?  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2008 7:21 am
@Jerbos:
Hm....My opinion is mixed about both battle systems...it actually would be nice if they'd some how "mixed" the two systems together. I mean, they're both good right? And, if you could get rid of RANDOM BATTLES. OMG I've always hated random battles. WAIT.
If they mixed the two battle systems together, wouldn't it be like Star Ocean (till the end of time)? That way, there won't be random battles and you can avoid monsters!
But...you can't exactly repeat the same battle system can you........

Anyhow! If I had to ABSOLUTLY choose between the two battle systems, I would choose XII cause it's more real time and etc.  

Hikari_zutto

Ravenwolf
Captain

Friendly Werewolf

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2008 12:06 pm
Hikari_zutto
@Jerbos:
Hm....My opinion is mixed about both battle systems...it actually would be nice if they'd some how "mixed" the two systems together. I mean, they're both good right? And, if you could get rid of RANDOM BATTLES. OMG I've always hated random battles. WAIT.
If they mixed the two battle systems together, wouldn't it be like Star Ocean (till the end of time)? That way, there won't be random battles and you can avoid monsters!
But...you can't exactly repeat the same battle system can you........

Anyhow! If I had to ABSOLUTLY choose between the two battle systems, I would choose XII cause it's more real time and etc.

I don't know about Star Ocean, but is it kind of like SaGa Frontier and Tales of Symphonia, or Chrono Trigger, or .hack, or... I don't know. Because that would work. (But I still like random battles too.)  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2008 6:22 pm
I personally like FFXII's battle system. It made you think of what way you wanted to go instead of having a set path for each character.  

Kira Reitsu

FantasyFreak1

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2008 7:08 pm
Turn Base or "Active Time Battle" system is going to be replaced pretty much completely with "Real Time Battle" or "Active Dimension Battle" used in Final Fantasy XII it seems even though I, as well as many of you might agree, believe that the Active Time Battle system was superior.  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2008 7:15 pm
tkdauronXIII
Personally I liked XII's battle system a lot better, because it made things a lot more realistic. It allows more freedom of movement to the point where you could run, fight, or avoid a fight altogether. You can even run from bosses and avoid attacks until you got your attacks ready. Of course, I still like the old system time based battle systme too, except for FFX's turn based and so on since it seemed to make things a little boring I might say. It seemed to give you too much advantage during a battle, because you could see when your opponent was about to make a move or a super attack, thus allowing you to avoid it...*cough...sacrificial Aeons...* like the battle with Nemesis in the arena. The fact that you could look at your surroundings during battle and make it look like you have a different battle pose everytime is a beautiful thing to see.

Final Fantasy X's battle system wasn't really considered Turn Base or "Active Time Battle" but Conditional Turn-Based Battle (CTB). The system is distinguished from the Active Time Battle system by the fact that when a character's turn begins, all action stops while the player decides upon an action. Where it shifted the focus from reflexes and quick decision-making to strategy and careful planning I would have to say.  

FantasyFreak1

Final Fantasy Addicts Anonymous Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces