Welcome to Gaia! ::

Craftin' - A sewing, knitting and glue kind of place.

Back to Guilds

Reply Craftin'
Hey, I need some help with a color switch.

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Snikerdoodles

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2007 5:25 pm
I am going crazy trying to figure out how to switch from one color to the next while in the middle of a row. I have this really cute dress that I want to make, but it requires this certain stitch to change from one color to the next while in the middle of a row. I am trying to do a simple arguile scarf first, in order to get the hang of it, but I still am unable to. Does anyone have suggestions on how to do this...preferably in layman's terms? sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2007 8:41 pm
It sounds like you're looking for Intarsia techniques. I'd suggest looking that up and seeing if that suits your purposes. I've never done it myself, or I'd point you to a tutorial or something, but I'm sure your google-fu will be able to get you there.  

tulokyn

sonicrunner001

Fashionable Friend

9,025 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Friendly 100
PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2007 5:10 pm
Well it depends on what your doing. If you crocheting it, you are first going to need to have two balls of the X color in the foreground. Then to change colors, just before you yo and finish the stitch, yo in the next color and carry the first color through your stitch, then just before you do the final yo, yo in the first color. (I have done arguile in dc)
If it's knit, just use the next color as you knit it.
Any Questions, pm, I'll see if I can help.  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2007 10:11 pm
Question: (yes, another one) My grandmother taught me to knit a certain way and he videos that I am finding look very different from what she taught me.

I pick up the next stitch by going up, underneath the first stitch. I wrap the yarn around the right needle going clockwise and pull the stitch through, then pull it iff the left needle. Now the videos show the yarn going counter clockwise. What kind of stitch have I been doing this whole time, if not knitting a basic stitch?  

Snikerdoodles

Craftin'

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff