[J] Kioni's Diary +Illusionist: wolvenfeather+ Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

wolvenfeather

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2007 6:42 pm
Untitled. x3
(Reference:: Five-Hundred Feet of Pure Air)

Dear Diary,

Today was rather... interesting. On many levels, nonetheless. Primary of which, I found Carlisle on the roof today. Damn... I thought that was my lurking spot. Then again, she has talked about it before... Meh. Oh well, I never go there much anyway, and my door can be locked. But I suppose this is all rambling, isn't it? Anyway, things did get rather interesting as I arrived on the rooftop. As mentioned before, Carlisle was there. She was leaning out over the edge of the tower, looking at something. Something that appeared to be a cantaloupe... only floating and with more mist-like qualities than one would expect from a fruit.

And it was light as air.

How do I know that? Well, Carlisle threw it at me, telling me that it was tied to me. Trust me, it certainly felt like I was. Very strange feeling. Part of my mind was being tugged at, but at the same time it was tugging at something else. Something conscious.

But that wasn't even half of why I was so weirded out up there. In order to get it to me - the squishie (as she dubbed it) was out a few feet and roughly five-hundred feet from the ground - she had to go quite far out and get it. I swear, she scared the hell out of me when she walked right off the tower after it as though there was some invisible plane there. And then she just lobbed it to me. Might sound arrogant, but if I wasn't as vigilant as I was, it might have fallen to the ground. But, I caught it.
And it was light. I barely felt like I was carrying anything. Okay, in all honesty, I probably wasn't; it was likely floating just above my grasp giving me the illusion it was in my arms.

Heh, after that she pointed out that someone was burning something in the forest. I guess we're off to go investigate. I'm bringing the squishie with me. (I wouldn't hear the end of it if I didn't...) She offered me some sort of treat called a daifuku on the steps. It was really good. She also gave me one for the squishie. I didn't think they ate. Apparently, they do. I suppose that would be important to note; it's alive and therefore it needs food.

And now I've been granted with the task of researching more on what this is. Carlisle seems rather sure that it will grow into something and she wants me to be well-educated on the matter before that time comes. After we deal with this whole fire thing, it's off to the library.

Heh. The mages got to it. And then we were off to force Lady Raven's secretary to go bungee-jumping. Oh, what fun. I'll be sure to update if I discover anything else on the squishie.

-Jaye

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2007 5:25 pm
What's in a Name?
(the most cliché thing I could think of...)

Dear Diary,

Okay. Days later and I'm still no nearer to figuring out what this squishie really is. There are no books on it in the library at all. People around the castle aren't being very helpful either. The only person who's shown the remotest knowledge of what this is... is Carlisle. And she left the task of finding out what this is up to me, so asking her is out of the question.

I can only hope that this is one of those experience things; that I'll figure enough out about it as things proceed to keep me from acting overly surprised when something drastic happens. And I do have a hunch something along those lines will happen. Carlisle was acting in a way that was most suggestive to it.

I can say almost without any doubt that it will change into something. And that something will be sentient. Defined... unique... intelligent.

Alive.

I figure a name is in order. One female name and one male name. At least until I can gauge whether it is a male or female. But perhaps it could be androgynous? What do you name something androgynous unless you are thoroughly sure it belongs to one gender or the other, despite appearance? Never mind. I'm getting too carried away with little technicalities. One male, one female, no problems. It'll cause the least amount of stress later on, anyway.

If it is a male, I shall name him Artair. Pronounced Ahr - tare (or if you want to be simplistic, art-air, but that's the same way it's spelled). Considering the first time I saw it (him, in this case) was in midair, the name is appropriate. If it is female, I shall name her Kioni. Pronounced key-oh-knee. There isn't as much of a physical reason for that name. I guess I just like it is all. I can only hope he or she doesn't resent me for those choices...

Geez, this is like naming a kid. Almost exactly like naming a kid.

-Jaye

wolvenfeather

wolvenfeather

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2007 5:48 pm
The Most Important Meal of the Day
(midnight snack... kidding)

Sunlight streamed through the window as the sun made its way up, the trees that normally blocked it, stood helpless as autumn's influence stripped them of their leaves. Jaye groaned at the sudden brightness intruding on her sleeping. A tired hand was brought across her eyes, rubbing them off as she gazed tiredly around. The squishie was where she left it the night before: Floating just above her nightstand. It was still as undefinable as ever. She shuddered at the thought of how many times she had tried to figure out what it was.

For now, that seemed impossible.

"Another day, huh?" she asked it. Jaye had begun to speak to the squishie as an individual. Doing so seemed to subconsciously remind her that it was alive. That might be something dreadful to forget, but nevertheless it was quite easy. All it did was float. And it resembled little more than a distinctively colored cloud.

"Not much to make today different from the other's I suppose. Let's go down and find some breakfast." She gathered the squishie up and strode out of her room. As she got to the kitchen, she began to select a few (small) things to tempt her companion with while preparing to cook something for herself.

Though adventurous, Jaye was no where near in the mood to try and put something extremely hot or cold into the squishie, afraid of the results it might cause. So, it got a few pieces of sliced apple as a breakfast. Fruit was part of a well-balanced diet, after all. And the only other fruit she could find was cantaloupe. Given the physical appearance of the squishie, the reason why the apple was selected should have been obvious to any curious passerby.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2007 6:07 pm
Contemplation

Another day.

That's all it was. Another boring, uneventful day.

How often does that happen? Jaye sighed, her arms behind her head. A wry smirk flickered across her face.

"Only when I want something to do with myself."

The squishie was as unchanged as ever. A floating cantaloupe made of mist and not solid in the slightest. And just as mysterious.

"Carlisle got me thinking about you," she remarked to it. "And I haven't stopped. I'm convinced she's right about you changing into something. I just don't have any idea who or what. Or how she even knows." Taking the squishie in one arm, she began to stride down the halls toward the library.

I've been through here countless times, but I am still none the wiser to what this is.

Any and all books she managed to scrounge up pertaining to mythical beings, evolution of creatures, mist, and bonded creatures and humans (the comment was made about how Jaye and the squishie were connected by a rope that was invisible) were gathered and placed on the table, where Jaye proceeded to skim them for any relevant information.

Nothing. As was her luck every other time.

There seemed to be nothing she could do until the squishie decided it would reveal its secrets for her. If only enough to give her a brief understanding.

wolvenfeather

wolvenfeather

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2007 6:20 pm
Jaye wiped the sweat off her brow as she walked back inside the castle, her sword sheathed at her side. She had been out practicing. Now, all she wanted was a good wash, and definitely some rest. Weary legs carried her up the stairs to her room. The bed was made carefully to hide her tossing and turning from the night before.

Only after training did it look as inviting as it did now.

No... Can't sleep, or else the next enemy you face will surrender quietly if it means you and your stench stay away from him.

She rolled her eyes at her own defiant mind. As casual lounge clothes (sweat pants and a shirt) were selected, Jaye's attention drifted over to where the squishie had floated.

But there was something different about it.

Was it just transparent in the evening half-light, or...?

Jaye moved closer, trying to discern what it was.

About three feet away, it became clear. Jaye screamed.

The shock of it knocked her off balance, she was sent tumbling to the floor, still staring wide-eyed at the squishie.

And it was staring back!

It had never had eyes before, let alone a head, torso, arms, and legs. What had happened? Was this was Carlisle had meant when she said it would change into something? Jaye snorted. Well, obviously it had changed.

The initial surprise wore off and she was able to get closer; able to examine this form more. It was definitely female - Kioni is the name then. - and definitely human-looking. What it was, though, she was still none the wiser.

But it was obvious it would become something. Babies didn't stay in one stage forever, and it was obvious this was something equivalent to a human child.

"You need to get over these shocks, Jaye," she told herself firmly. "The next stage could be even bigger than this."

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2007 2:33 pm
Dear Diary,

I am still a bit unnerved about Kioni's rather sudden appearance inside the squishie. I mean, I expected something gradual to happen, but I come back after a few hours of practice and -BAM!- there she is! It seems to have been something completely on the spot, although I don't know when.

Hell, I don't know anything about this anymore. Who Kioni is; what Kioni is; what Kioni will change into. The latter is what's bothering me the most. It could be something more drastic. And seeing a damn human-looking infant in the squishie was bad enough. I mean, hell, how do you feed that? Good thing Kioni had already been fed dinner today before I came up... I guess this is another thing I am going to have to experiment with.

Not to mention how she responds to different words, actions, and settings. It is clear at this point that Kioni is an intelligent life-form. And- obviously -such life-forms have different reactions. Kioni seems to be pretty laid back about things. I have yet to see her get truly upset about something I have done or presented to her. Perhaps it is her nature to be happy?

Funny how the more questions get answered about this squishie, the more questions it is determined to throw at me. I wonder... Will I ever understand this completely at all?

-Jaye

wolvenfeather

wolvenfeather

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2007 4:06 pm
Kioni looked pale. Or rather, the cantaloupe-like fire/mist surrounding her looked pale. Kioni herself was more visible than she had been since Jaye had first seen her. The brown-haired girl in questions was staring intently at Kioni. Was she getting sick? Humans often paled when they were ill. Was this a sign that Jaye was doing something wrong with raising Kioni?

She gulped. "Are you okay?" the question came out sounding rather strangled. She hadn't expected an answer, but the lack of one was still slightly unnerving to her. How was she supposed to help Kioni if she didn't know what was wrong - if there even was anything wrong. This could be natural, and Jaye just overreacting.

Yes, that seemed the likeliest possibility. Nevertheless, her hazel eyes were fixed on the cantaloupe-child hovering before her, still tugging at the mental bond that had formed between them. It had never been this strong before. Was that her way of communication.

If I knew what to do, I'd do it, Jaye thought desperately, trying to convey the thought to Kioni. She got no answer- again.

However, the cantaloupe continued to grow paler. She hadn't noticed it directly at first - subconsciously yes, but not the fact it was gradually revealing more of Kioni - but now it was becoming obvious.

It was almost completely gone at this point. Jaye was quivering. What would happen when it vanished completely? Would Kioni go too... or would she stay?

Her question was answered shortly after she thought it. With a pop not all that different from the one made when Carlisle first gave her a daifuku, the cantaloupe had vanished and Jaye was left with a human-looking child in her arms, staring up at her.

That certainly wasn't what she had expected. Not at all.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2007 6:36 pm
Jaye frowned slightly. Not out of anger, but confusion. She had started out with a squishie of sorts - a orb of mist that took on a cantaloupe-ish color scheme. Later, she had a squishie with the silhouette - and some vague features - of a human child inside. And now she just had the human child.

I'm too young to be a mother...

Thus were the thoughts mulling around her head. Kioni - the child in question - seemed to think different. She loved Jaye, looked up to Jaye, idolized Jaye. It was flattering, but a girl like Jaye wasn't used to all that.

Kioni liked being helpful. In the sense that she liked helping people be happy. She didn't like it when people were not happy around her. Jaye swore she had a sixth sense to when people were faking. That or else they were just being obvious.

"Jaye," Kioni said. "Why not happy?" She tilted her head to add the finishing touches to the effect of being curious.

Jaye managed a genuine smile at the child's innocent curiosity. "I'm not upset. Just... confused." It was the truth.

"Why?"

Oh no... Not the whys. Anything but the whys.

"Well... I don't know really. I guess I just am. All this is happening fast for me." Kioni nodded once, although Jaye wasn't sure she understood.

But they were communicating verbally, and that was much better than things had been when Kioni was in the squishie and not speaking at all. Much better.

A small peeping sound caused Jaye to jump. She looked down and saw that Kioni had a small bird in her hands. She blinked once. Apparently, a pet bird for Kioni was part of the 'package'.

wolvenfeather

Diaries

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces