Death to Deal

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Garret Issacs
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2007 2:02 pm
This is a difficult topic for some I'm sure but thats why it's going here.

We've all lost someone to it, be it a friend or a family member And we also deal with it in diffrent ways and in most cases upon someones death you or the people around you or both deal with it by crying or remorse about it. But why does everyone feel the need to "enforce" a sense of loss on other people?

as an example (and this did happen) we had a student at our school get hit by a train, two of her friends were with her when it happened. This was quickly known around the school itself. almost immediately her friends became greif stricken. understandable. but for some reason they felt the need to enforce that sense of loss onto others. by saying we should feel sorry for her and it's disrespectful to not show loss or some sense of sadness.

Now the school felt it reasonable for a moment of silence to be brought upon the school itself. (A moment being 5 minutes) I myself knew this person and I was a rather popular target for her to make fun of and the likes. So already not liking her apparently makes me a bad person.

Am I wrong to not show respect for someone Dead or alive when they have caused pain or suffering on me? Am I supposed to feel sad for her friends who also did the same to me? Why should I respect someone dead or alive who did wrong onto me and others like me or my friends?

Am I truly in the wrong for this and if so why?  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2007 6:07 pm
I hear you calling and it's needles and pins
I want to hurt you just to hear you screaming my name

Eh, ******** 'em. It's going to sound cruel, but seriously, what kind of idiots play around a train track anyways? And she wasn't a nice person, and was particularly cruel to you. So if they come by bothering you again, say something along the lines of "I'm sorry she's gone, but I'm not going to be sad about it. I've decided to move on with my life, and so should you." Non-confrontational and non-commited. And who cares what they have to say after that? They can call you cold-hearted and s**t, but hey, at least you aren't using her death to get attention. *cough*

Don't want to touch you but you're under my skin
I want to taste you but your lips are venomous poison

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Sonic Butterfly

l-Koda-l
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2007 4:55 pm
its all good, screw them.
(i'd say more, but my inbox is exploding ><)  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2007 9:46 pm
yeah screw them

At my school we lost someone, our class(my class size was about 700 too) was all sad and everything all in tears that day. One of the few times my homeroom was quiet...like during the moment of silence we were already silent and stayed silent for 10minutes...mostly because no one really knew what to say each other...any class you had with people from your grade was really quiet...a lot of teachers didn't even teach because a lot of kids were talking to counselors that week...her friends had made black ribbons with her name on it and everything...  

22Tsuji22

Garret Issacs
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2007 7:09 pm
glad to know some people don't think I'm in the wrong  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2007 4:44 pm
I remember in my sophomore year in highschool one girl had stupidly thought that she could beat a mack truck with a right away to make a turn. Sad to say the truck won and she was laid up in the hospital for awhile and didn't show up for our senior year.

I didn't feel sorry for her. I thought she was as I said before stupid.

Also that year one girl I didn't know died when she took a hard turn going too fast. Well everyone else was crying the day after I was trying to figure out who she was and what was so great about her. It's hard to show sympathy for people you barely know or care much about. And there's the fact I'm not a very emotional person to start with.  

Lady Bern

Aekea Pirate

11,900 Points
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Nerd 50
  • Elocutionist 200

22Tsuji22

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2007 5:36 pm
Lady Bern
I remember in my sophomore year in highschool one girl had stupidly thought that she could beat a mack truck with a right away to make a turn. Sad to say the truck won and she was laid up in the hospital for awhile and didn't show up for our senior year.

I didn't feel sorry for her. I thought she was as I said before stupid.

Also that year one girl I didn't know died when she took a hard turn going too fast. Well everyone else was crying the day after I was trying to figure out who she was and what was so great about her. It's hard to show sympathy for people you barely know or care much about. And there's the fact I'm not a very emotional person to start with.

Yeah, because if we all cried over a death we hear about...we'd all be crying nonstop x.x

...and at school(well my high school) we had over 3,000 kids there hard to know everyone...and college over 30,000 i think i dont know but its a whole heck a lot  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2008 11:21 pm
I agree with what the Lady Bern said. Take, for example, the Northern Illinois University shooting. It seems like everybody in the state is taking it personally. I am sad that such a thing has happened, but I'm not personally affected because I don't know any of the people who were hurt, so it's hard for me to show any kind of particular grief. To me, it's the same as hearing about a gang shootout in New York.  

Gunr

Debates and serious discussion

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff