Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Grammar Guild

Back to Guilds

The Gaian Grammar Guild is a refuge for the literate, a place for them to post and read posts without worrying about the nonsensical ones. 

Tags: grammar, literate, english, language 

Reply Poetry
Dualism

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

I write, too. Who knew?
  I suspected as much.
  I thought you just enjoyed being critical.
  In fact, you can be downright pompous!
  What? You write? I'm just a poll whore.
View Results

Kali Eyad

Ruthless Ladykiller

9,650 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Destroyer of Cuteness 150
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2007 11:44 pm
I'm trying to get feedback on pieces I have written. My plan right now is actually to post in a couple different writing Guilds and see which place seems to get the best results. I am going to make an effort to keep the pieces in each thread different until I definitely decide which one I am going to be keeping.

Criticism is welcome, even encouraged, so long as it is constructive. I would really like to get some opinions and feedback.

The first pieces that I'm going to post are actually older works, but they're pieces I either still enjoy or ones that I have done a bit of revamping on.

I named the thread after what tends to be a theme in my poems, duality. A lot of what I write has to do with fighting different sides of yourself, or having mixed feelings about something. Sometimes it's just about obsession, or it's short and meant to just express a momentary feeling.

I'm going to leave it at that for this first post, then begin by posting a piece in the second. I'll proably keep up posting by adding something every day or so in order to try and get a feel for the forum and rate of responses.  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2007 11:50 pm
I'm actually going to start this off with a poem that's meant to be part of a trilogy. I love it because it always makes me think of the freedom and comfort of swimming, but you can't exactly remain in the water forever.

Night in the Sea

Stripping from my clothes
I leave them on
The night beach's
Silvered shore.

I dive into
Darkened water
Where floats the
Sky moon's twin.

I glory in the
Rush of cool water
Sense of freedom