Submit

Does music impact you?
  Yes
  No
  Sometimes
View Results

m-shell

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2007 8:15 pm
Music is very impacting in today's world and I was just wondering about songs that you found impacted your life in a positive or negative ways or songs that don't impact you but might impact other people.

Ie. The Date Rape song by Sublime - does it tell you rape is ok? or not ok? How does it impact you

or just list songs that seem to tell you what's "cool" and "uncool"

or whatever...  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2007 8:16 pm
Any Opinions?  

m-shell

loraineANING

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2007 9:20 pm
They say music is the gateway to satan. coz satan is a musician.

I disagree. scream

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2007 7:13 pm
Lol do u know Satan personally to say that he's not a musician? razz  

evil-genius606

w h i s p e r SHOUT

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2007 9:05 am
User Image
    It depends on the
    song, I suppose...
    Lies by Billy Talent seems to
    say that everyone deals with
    lies all of the time,
    but sometimes they're good? xD

I'm so bad at this.

User Image

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2008 1:26 pm
for most things that happen in my life (such as being called emo [i am punk]) i quote bands like fob and panic mostly.

eg. "you're ill in the head!" => "i only keep myself this sick in the head cuz i know how the words get you off!"

and most inside jokes have to do with bands.

eg. brendon [urie] talks to doughnuts!

mikey put a fork in the toaster!

ryan's innermost thoughts: i like to dance. fangirls scare me. if brendon was a girl, i'd call him brenda. then he'd hit me. giggle!

and now that i think of it, gaia should have like r&r smilies...  

grimdarksweetheart

ElmoGoesHighTech

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2008 3:27 pm
Music has made a huge impact on my life. Wait, scratch that. Music IS my life. It's my reason 4 living. heart heart heart

I just love "What I Wouldn't Give" by Holly Brook. It says so much...  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2008 7:00 am
woah. creepy. i was just browsing here and i saw my twin surprised . how weird. your best friend and i have the same taste
ElmoGoesHighTech
Music has made a huge impact on my life. Wait, scratch that. Music IS my life. It's my reason 4 living. heart heart heart

I just love "What I Wouldn't Give" by Holly Brook. It says so much...

ellemelly

dirty little heart

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2008 9:17 am
thats a pretty hard question actually...
i mean obviously music has an impact on pretty much everyone even if its just because they have some sort of opinion of it.
personally i think some of the most impacting ones are the happy ones. the only example i can think of at the moment is 'Shut Up and Smile - Bowling For Soup' simply cause i thinks its got a great message.
but sad songs can affect me just as much. a little while ago i was having a terrible time and miserable at best by mayday parade just spoke out to me and actually made me feel better.
yeah... that was a pretty long reply sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2009 10:18 am
I have my pros and cons with music.

For the pros, once in a great while I will find a song that describes exactly how I feel in life. & it's wonderful. It kind of gives you the comforting feeling that someone feels the same that you did at one point, if not numerous.

But at the same time, I think music has gone terribly downhill. Not everyone can related to over-doses, druggies, infidelity, sex, drinking, etc. and the same goes with that not everybody can relate to the happy-go-lucky, my life is so perfect, I love so-and-so music either.

Music anymore is just about sex appeal, and I don't dig that. That's what corporate advertising and movies are for. I know that in a few years when I'm a mother, I don't want my twelve year old singing along to a song about "banging chicks" or "getting wasted."

It already bothers me that my younger sisters all sing along to it.

A lot of people complain about country music being too depressing. I'd rather have my son/daughter/sister singing about their dog dying that who they want to have "Birthday Sex" or a one night stand with. It's disgusting and makes me sick to my stomach.

I think it's just a stereotype that if you like rock or rap then you're not allowed to like country or anything else. I personally love country music and a lot of it is very upbeat. But at the same time I love rock. Alternative, hardcore, etc. It's all just a matter of how open-minded one is.

Screaming_Statement
Crew

ii-See-Stars-x

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2009 4:15 pm
That it's okay to be different.
Bands like MCR influence that kind of thing.
You shouldn't change yourself just because someone says you're uncool or something.
Just be cool for yourself, nobody else.  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2009 4:35 pm
i think music is amazing.
it helps me when i'm mad or sad.
i listen to rock and some heavy metal and some acoustic.
without music i don't think i would be here right now.
and that's being totally honest.
it takes me to a different world.
and it's like i can relate to it.

fjkdsajklfds

fjkdsajklfds

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2009 4:38 pm
Screaming_Statement
I have my pros and cons with music.

For the pros, once in a great while I will find a song that describes exactly how I feel in life. & it's wonderful. It kind of gives you the comforting feeling that someone feels the same that you did at one point, if not numerous.

But at the same time, I think music has gone terribly downhill. Not everyone can related to over-doses, druggies, infidelity, sex, drinking, etc. and the same goes with that not everybody can relate to the happy-go-lucky, my life is so perfect, I love so-and-so music either.

Music anymore is just about sex appeal, and I don't dig that. That's what corporate advertising and movies are for. I know that in a few years when I'm a mother, I don't want my twelve year old singing along to a song about "banging chicks" or "getting wasted."

It already bothers me that my younger sisters all sing along to it.

A lot of people complain about country music being too depressing. I'd rather have my son/daughter/sister singing about their dog dying that who they want to have "Birthday Sex" or a one night stand with. It's disgusting and makes me sick to my stomach.

I think it's just a stereotype that if you like rock or rap then you're not allowed to like country or anything else. I personally love country music and a lot of it is very upbeat. But at the same time I love rock. Alternative, hardcore, etc. It's all just a matter of how open-minded one is.

i think you are amazing ^.^
i completely agree with you.
it's sick what the music talks about today.
on the radio the other day when i was driving home
i heard this song talking about "drink all day, ******** all night"
i'm like... what in the world??
then it talks about the chicks a** being in the air.
i turned it off.
i hate that kind of music, it's disguisting.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2009 11:48 pm
Already Gone by Sugarland says so much about just living your life to the fullest and how one thing can make you just stop and think about what you left behind... I like songs like that, and what music today says is horrible... i love all the few songs like this that actually say positive things. Most songs give out messages that crime, drugs, stuff like that is a good thing. I also like music that makes a bold statement about being different. Bands like Fall Out Boy and Panic at the disco, bands that are unique and don't try to follow the genre that is the most popular.  

peachy piie_x

5,650 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
*The Music*

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items