Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

EmeraldFury
Captain

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2007 9:06 pm
To make a long story short:

He's one of the funniest, sweetest, most resourceful guys I've ever met. He can fix things I couldn't even tell were broken. He's involved and caring.

He's 17. I'm 14.

He's a senior, I'm a freshman.

He might be at college in North Carolina next year. I'm staying on the West Coast.

And there's no way, absolutely no way my parents would let me date this guy.

But I know he likes me a lot, and I like him too.

Is there a good way to deal with this? It's completely screwing up our friendship, and I'd rather spend the time I have with him as the good friends I think we're going to have to be. (At the same time, note that I'm hugely nonconfrontational. The idea of having to sit down and talk with him about this makes me hyperventilate.)

I'd appreciate any ideas you have?

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2007 7:08 pm
my honest opinion? and excuse my french here. <******** the age difference. if you to love each other then what does it matter what other people say? but be warned, a long distance relationship is very, very trying. I just came from that believe me there will be some very hard times. but be true be honest and hope he does the same.

to hell with what your parents say, if you love him it's your choice to love him and no one else should have the right to say if you can or can't.

no disrespect to anyone or anything, but when it comes to love and I know I'm being a bit hypocritical right now by saying this but when it comes to love let nothing stand in your way.  

Garret Issacs
Vice Captain

22Tsuji22

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2007 6:07 pm
Age only seems to matter when you are in high school i don't know why though x.x...well i should say people only make a big fuss about when the people are in high school...

I know plenty of guys who are/were seniors and dated freshmen...

But i think the only reason its a big deal in high school is because thats when a lot of people are maturing....because guys(no offense) mature slower? i guess and girls mature faster then guys...but since you are the younger one and he is the older one none of that really applies lol ^^

but as Garret said if you love each other go for it!!

and for the parent things...if he is a really good guy most parents will be able to tell, invite him over for a dinner with your parents and show them that he is a really great guy!!!

never been in a long distance relationship but i do know they are hard...but some people can make them work<33

(i was confused i was like north carolina is on the west coast!....no on the east coast always get confused since i live on the westside of cincy so i just assume its all the west xD)

Well good luck to you and him <33  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2007 8:26 am
I hear you calling and it's needles and pins
I want to hurt you just to hear you screaming my name

Okay, I'm with you there. I think forget age, if you guys like each other, go for it.

What does concern me is the long distance thing. That doesn't always work. But if you're both committed to making it work, then again, go for it. 3nodding

Don't want to touch you but you're under my skin
I want to taste you but your lips are venomous poison

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Sonic Butterfly

Lady Bern

Aekea Pirate

11,900 Points
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Nerd 50
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2007 2:57 am
Okay have to do this quick, have to get to work then go out of town.

Most people are worried about not just the age difference but the whole fact that at the time you're going through puberty, hormons, and all that stuff. Older guys are pressuring younger girls into sex and what is most worrisome is what might come of that. Really I saw one too many teenage mothers while I was in highschool.

But therein lays the double standard if it was a 17 year old girl and a 14 year old boy, (well some will still think it's weird because the cliche is we girls only go for older guys) not many would think much about it.  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2008 10:32 pm
I agree that the age shouldn't matter so much, but with the long distances there might be a problem. Also, be warned that although the age difference might be a negligible factor in your futures, his experiences in life and in the wider world beyond high school might put more pressure on your relationship as well. But hey, good luck!  

Gunr

Debates and serious discussion

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff