Reply 64: Magic: The Gathering - W/U/B/R/G - Allied Color Pairs Not Required
Unified Deck Theory

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

The Original Jazzman

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2007 8:24 pm
I have been playing Magic for about nine years now, and I have seen many things come and go. Flanking, Phasing, Rampage, to name a few. The point is that I am a crediable source of information for this topic. The Theory of the Unified deck.

I will update this topic as I see fit, but the first point that I must make is this: No matter the way it is achieved, the purpose of a Magic deck is to kill your opponet or opponets. Wheather you use, black, white, red, green, blue, or any color combonation, it remains clear that victory is the ultimate goal. Alot of players that I see get distracted by trying to pull off some combo, or play some card that is there favorite. No I am not knocking the combo or card, but in their lust to play that partictular thing, they cost themselves the match.

I will add more later
The Original Jazzman  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2007 5:56 pm
My next thought is the theme of a deck. Swarm, Control, Overpower, Mill, Effect, Counter, Burn, Agro, Fling, Decay, Attrition. Those are just a few that I can think of off the top of my head.

The theme of a deck can determine how it should be played, a overpower deck should keep swinging with big guys, whereas a counter deck should play more cautiously.

Another point that comes to mind is the mindset of the player. If I build an Agro-Mill, and I decide to play more Agro with it than Mill, that doesn't mean I played wrong. It means that I felt like playing in someone's face that day.

More later
The Original Jazzman  

The Original Jazzman

64: Magic: The Gathering - W/U/B/R/G - Allied Color Pairs Not Required

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas