Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Gamers Promised Land, Gaia's Best Gaming and Pop Culture

Back to Guilds

Gaia's best guild for discussions and contests about Video Games, Pop Culture, general geek stuff, and any kind of discussion! 

Tags: Video Games, Pop culture, chatting, Internet, tournaments 

Reply Main Forum
Legendaries Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Legendaries are...
  ...stupid.
  ...great.
  ...something I don't care about.
View Results

nitnit
Captain

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2007 2:04 pm
If I were to use ubers, I would wreck everyone, even other uber users.  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2007 8:25 pm
I don't care about normal legendaries because they have enough weaknesses to cancel out their strengths/areas of specialization (example: Heatran's double weakness to ground, or overspecialized movesets, or poor movesets for a specific set of stats like Entei's), but ubers are unbalanced and tear apart the variety of the game. When available, people will use Darkrai, Arceus, Mewtwo, and Rayquaza on almost every team (for some examples.) When people are allowed to use ubers, teams generally use little else because of their overpowering nature. Thus, tiers were created to promote variety and fun. (*Yawn*, I accidentally lectured those who were ignorant previously... So sorry. not.)  

darkslasherX
Crew

Senfyero

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2007 9:10 pm
I never use Legendaries in Wi-Fi Battles. It's really not a challenge. However, I only use 1 Legendary in in-game battles: Palkia. One reason: My only Water-type monster in my Box. Iunno, I never caught a Water pokemon in Pearl. surprised  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2007 2:20 pm
dracokagebuyo
Do you think it's okay to use legendaries in Wifi batles? i think it's stupid. Wifi battles should be showing the best of you abilities, not the Pokemons' stupid over-powered attacks

you claim to hate legendaries, yet you have shiny arceus in your sig, am I missing something?  

Deathguiser

iOath

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2007 2:27 pm
I can feel you breathing....

I'm gonna flame noobs who decide that using ALL legendaries are bad, not just the ubers. XD JK JK.

And it's keeping...me awake....

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2007 2:36 pm
Deathguiser
dracokagebuyo
Do you think it's okay to use legendaries in Wifi batles? i think it's stupid. Wifi battles should be showing the best of you abilities, not the Pokemons' stupid over-powered attacks

you claim to hate legendaries, yet you have shiny arceus in your sig, am I missing something?

It's not in his team (on his trainer card), so I guess that means he just hates them for battling.  

darkslasherX
Crew

Muleferdan

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2007 2:51 pm
I pretty much shy away from all legendaries cause I don't want some noob saying

YER UZING OOBERS11!1!!!!!!!!111!!  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2007 3:29 pm
My Uber Team
Rayquaza
Kyorge
Deoxys (E)
Mewtwo
Wobbuffet
Lugia

Other then that its meh. You kill it pretty much is just to Ice Beam and pursuit everything.  

Kunx990

Pretendo13

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2007 3:28 pm
someone needs to have guild tournaments that allow legendaries.  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2007 4:32 pm
I try not to use ubers. OU Pokemon, I'm sadly a victim of. =/

It makes winning more enjoyable if you slaughter someone's legendary/uber Pokemon with nonubers. XD  

Bouncy_Pineapple

Friendly Friend

Main Forum

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas