Reply Sacred Sources -The Outer Forum -
healing charms.

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Wood Sorrel

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2007 11:03 am
Anyone have suggestions for healing charms? My husband and I have been depressed for years. In the last year, I finally got the energy to try some medical stuff, and see a counselor, and all that jazz. But it's still hard, and I thought some charms might be supportive. At least they wouldn't hurt any thing. I would appreciate any suggestions! heart  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2007 9:01 am
Aromatheraphy.

Jasmine, lavender, and such can be used to calm you down while uplifting scents like peppermint can give you an energy boost. Sometimes when I need a refreshing zing I'll drink a mint tea, just open up a spicy herb and smell it, or perhaps use something citrus-smelling to get both a zing and that clean refreshed sensation.  

Starlock
Crew

safkef

Liberal Shopper

10,550 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Marathon 300
  • Millionaire 200
PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2007 11:15 am
Might I say, if you are not disabled beyond the depression (which can be hideously disabling unfortunately. I suffer from anxiety but it's similar) that exercise really really helps. I didn't believe it but it can help me stop a panic attack in it's tracks. When I was having depression issues, it really helped pull me out.

I hope you don't think I'm out of line smile Good luck. Definitely try, also, writing down your dreams and searching there for some causes.  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2007 4:21 am
Charms for depression never worked for me.
I tended to use them as a crutch instead of dealing with my issues.
But as long as you don't use them to cover the problem up, I don't think it would hurt.
Focus on the issues, it might kick up some mental dust bunnies you rather keep under the bed, but I think it's worth it in the end.
Good luck to you both, it's a long hard road, but one that's worth traveling.  

Alicara

1,050 Points
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0
  • Beta Citizen 0

Kieron_Dark

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2008 4:04 pm
Something me and a ex did that really helped was each of us charged a piece of jewelry of our own. I chose my necklace and she chose an old earing that her sister gave her. Charge it with all the love you have for that person and than give it too them. While your wearing it just remember that no matter what goes wrong there is at least one person out there that is thinking of you. It was just the thing we needed to shine a thin light through the darkness. And with time, not to mention professional help, the light will over power the dark.

I hope this helps. It really helped me.  
Sacred Sources -The Outer Forum -

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff