Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply Super Smash Bros. Guild
anyone read the smash world forums (smashboards)?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Amazing-Ness287
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2007 10:38 am
I was wondering what the general consensus was on the advanced techniques issue on Brawl. For the longest time, I thought that the crazy guys like those favored having advanced techniques in the game, like I wrote in the "dude...glitches....damn't" thread
Amazing-Ness287
doesnt matter. if they make it in, ok, but if not, no sweat, all the hardcore smash players will just stay with melee and not brawl..

but yesterday I was talking to a guy from school (that I used to be able to beat easily, but since he learned all the crazy stuff, I haven't been able to beat anymore crying ) anyway, he told me that he would prefer it if Brawl didn't have advanced techniques, basically to even out the playing field. The conversation didn't last long, but it did leave me thinking about it for a bit and I was wondering what you guys thought about it.

I mean for a guy to spend so much time learning the stuff, and then not wanting it in the sequel, I thought that was interesting.

Also, I asked about the smash boards because they're representative of... hell, they are hardcore smash community xd And of course, I'd like to know your opinions too.

ihope this thread doesn't derail into an annoying thread... cuz i'll delete it if i have to!!
random thought: what if trying to perform a wavedash triggers crawling xD  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2007 3:52 pm
It's really wavedashing that I worry about. If wavedashing isn't in Brawl, which it probably won't be, I won't enjoy it as much. Wavedashing seriously makes the game much more fun to me. It could be just because I play Ice Climbers, but still...
I highly doubt wavedashing will stay, I'm positive that it was not intended to be in Melee. L-Canceling will probably stay, and thus SHFFLing will stay. Edgehogging I'm not so sure about, but I think it will probably stay. There doesn't seem to be many ways around it in a 2-d fighting game. Obvious glitches like IC's freeze glitch, and Samus' wavedash glitch will obviously be gone. DI will stay. Desynching with Ice Climbers I have mixed feelings about. I want it to stay, but I don't know if that was intended either. Part of me says it works to well for it NOT to be intended... but I'm not sure if it will stay or not. Crouch Canceling I think will stay, that seemed to be intended. The list goes on.

Of course, this is just my opinion.

In short, I want advanced techniques to stay, I think they make the game much more fun and competitive, but I have my doubts.  

A Pharmaceutical Bandit

Link-Hayashi
Vice Captain

8,500 Points
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Contributor 150
  • Consumer 100
PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2007 11:30 am
I wouldn't worry about what stays and what goes. A real hardcore Smash player will find out ways to make the game interesting, a lot more fun than intended, and advanced.  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2007 12:31 pm
Amazing-Ness287
I was wondering what the general consensus was on the advanced techniques issue on Brawl. For the longest time, I thought that the crazy guys like those favored having advanced techniques in the game, like I wrote in the "dude...glitches....damn't" thread
Amazing-Ness287
doesnt matter. if they make it in, ok, but if not, no sweat, all the hardcore smash players will just stay with melee and not brawl..

but yesterday I was talking to a guy from school (that I used to be able to beat easily, but since he learned all the crazy stuff, I haven't been able to beat anymore crying ) anyway, he told me that he would prefer it if Brawl didn't have advanced techniques, basically to even out the playing field. The conversation didn't last long, but it did leave me thinking about it for a bit and I was wondering what you guys thought about it.

I mean for a guy to spend so much time learning the stuff, and then not wanting it in the sequel, I thought that was interesting.

Also, I asked about the smash boards because they're representative of... hell, they are hardcore smash community xd And of course, I'd like to know your opinions too.

ihope this thread doesn't derail into an annoying thread... cuz i'll delete it if i have to!!
random thought: what if trying to perform a wavedash triggers crawling xD

I think/I'd like advanced techs to stay. If it doesn't stay, I'll probably find a way around/develop new strategies and techs (or try to anyway).  

Einherjar O D I N
Crew

IceStormV1

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2007 5:06 pm
<.<

>.>

<.<

Kill the advance techniques. kill em with Fire!

Seriously, I'd rather have it a bunch of good competition online, Instead of fighting just an elite few who can wavedash.  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2007 6:50 pm
IceStormV1
<.<

>.>

<.<

Seriously, I'd rather have it a bunch of good competition online, Instead of fighting just an elite few who can wavedash.

But then again, if your playing really bad a** players online, you will have to step up your own game to even stand a chance...  

MONKIE LAD

Sio

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2007 11:02 pm
IceStormV1
<.<

>.>

<.<

People who worry about getting beaten over and over by players who can use advanced techniques are essentially whining about having to get better in order to compete with other players.

A bit counter-productive for a fighting game, you realize.  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2008 9:29 am
`Link
I wouldn't worry about what stays and what goes. A real hardcore Smash player will find out ways to make the game interesting, a lot more fun than intended, and advanced.

Well, that depends on what's staying or going. I don't think I'll be playing Brawl as much if Sheik isn't added in, because that will be a big deal for me. I'm already trying to figure out what character I should master in the new game, because it seems that my main won't be in the newest installment.

But focusing on the topic, I'd play it either way. I like the glitches and s**t because none of my friends study the game enough to get most of them. Since I don't get to play my gamecube much, it kinda makes the game even. Their fault for not finding this stuff. But, if there were less cheap tricks in the new game, I think it would still be fun to play. It'd just have to get more opportunities to steal the family TV~

And a kinda n00bish question: What is wavedashing? I have never heard that term before. eek  

Lyn Bei Fong

Sito Sama

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2008 9:58 am
Certain techniques/glitches will be found, they always are expecialy in games as popular as SSBB. Lets just hope they don't ruin the game XD  
Super Smash Bros. Guild

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games